Letting Go.

The DAY you said Goodbye.

Jiyong’s POV

I arrived at Yangssi Sanghoe at exactly 12:00 noon that’s when the rain started to fall.

After I park my Volvo, I ran out of my car and entered the restaurant.  I diverted my eyes directly to our favorite spot and found Dara seating while gazing outside the window.  She’s wearing the green knee length summer dress that I gave her during our 1styear anniversary. She look’s ethereal with it, some male customer is looking at her but she’s not giving them any attention. That’s my Dara, the love of my life.  And as soon I made another step, she turn her gaze towards me and then it struck me like a lightning, the way she gazed at me, its different, it hides something, as I walked toward her, my heart beats faster, I wanna run to her, hug her and tell her that she doesn’t need to explain anything that I forgive her.

As I reach our table, she smiles and my heart beats faster than ever.

“Annyeong Haseyo” I greeted.

“Annyeong” she responded weakly.

I seated beside her and kissed her left cheek. I tried to reach her hand but she avoided it and used it to rub her elbow.  I noticed that she getting cold so I remove my jacket as I asked her what’s wrong. She didn’t respond she just keep rubbing her elbow.  I try to dig my brain for any recent fights or misunderstandings that we had, but I can’t think of anything aside from the last night’s conversation about the promotion and about the presentation earlier. As a couple we tried our best to separate our job problems from our personal issues. I cover her with the my jacket and steal another kiss, normally she would react cause she’s never a PDA (public display of affection)  type person but this time she let me do it, like it would be my last time to do it. This time my suspicion is palpable.

Using both of my hands I turn her to me. I look at her eyes. Her expressive eyes told me everything.

The rain is started to pour harder outside, the weather is unexpected, earlier the sun is up but now it’s raining.

I broke our silence.
 

“Should I order your favorite” I asked.

“We’re not here to eat Ji” she answered seriously.

“Well, it’s about work? Don’t bother, when I saw you as I entered, I already forgive you just don’t do it again, ok?” I answered smiling.

I pinched her nose lightly, normally she will smile but this time she ignored it.

“Ji, I know it’s unprofessional of me to miss the presentation today and it’s alright if you’ll get angry with me.”

“Forget about it Dara, just promised me don’t do it again. I put my name for you, but its ok, and I admit that it’s my fault too, because I put you to it without asking your permission first. But I hope you understand why I did it, it’s for our future” I explained.

“Yes, it’s for our future, always for our future, Ji, I don’t know, sometimes I am envious of you because you’re always sure about the future, you know what you want. Unlike me, there are a lot of things I’m not sure of.” Dara softly shared.

“Well, that reminds me, I’m hungry let’s just eat, I will order for us”, I replied, trying to change the subject.

I raise my right hand to call a waiter when suddenly Dara grabbed my hand pull it down in front of her and started caressing.  She look down to my hands up to my face, I can feel the air around us getting thicker by every moment. She only does this if she needs to ask for forgiveness or if she does something I don’t want her to do.

“Ji, I’ll be resigning, the draft of my resignation letter is ready to be printed and sign”

“Why? I told you not to think about it!,” I retorted.

I can feel where this conversion will lead to. I remove my hands from her and use it to cupped her face, I move my face closer to her as I whisper.

“You don’t need to resign, forget what happen today”,

“Ji, it’s not about what happen today, I am resigning because I need to have a space. And I decided that working away from you will give us both time and space, it might also help us grow as a couple” She answered.

“No, you will come to work tomorrow and forget about that resignation. We don’t need to be away from each other” I inhaled.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to do. Can’t we just move on and forget about our job. If you’re thinking about the Bosses, I already give them my word. You can go back to work like you’ve been doing before”

“Just as I expected, Mr. Kwon again save my , that’s another reason why I need space” Dara sarcastically replied.

“Its normal, because im your boyfriend, im doing it for you” I retorted.

She removed my hands from her face.

“You’re controlling me Ji, I can’t breathe anymore, and maybe it would be better if we call this off. Let’s end this

Suddenly the time stops. I can’t believe what im hearing, my breathing became ragged. This is not happening. This is a joke; Dara is playing a trick on me. And its not funny.

"You're kidding right???"

"I'm serious Jiyong, I'm sorry, I've already made my decision" I can hear the firmness of her voice; it’s the same voice she uses to emphasize things.

"Since when did you decide without asking me first??, we can look for other options, not this!"  I slammed the table.

No! No! She can’t do this to me. I look down, my head started to feel heavy, I can feel the pain in my heart. It feels like every time I breathe my heart is being slice up.

"Is there something that I did??, tell me please!!!" I pleaded. I tried reaching her hand but she suddenly stood up and picked her bag.

"You need to understand Ji.. I need to do this for myself and for you, I need to fully know my self so that I can offer myself to you, if in case we end up together. You're Perfect Ji but the problem here is me, There's a lot of things I wannabe. Things that i need to discover on my own". Dara

"How about our plans? How about our dreams? How about me?"  I closed my eyes; the idea of Dara out of my life seemed unbearable, I have planned my life around Dara. Without Dara on it...It’s impossible. I don’t know what to do. I can fell my heart is ready to explode any minute. It hurts. My teardrops fell. I stand up and try to hug Dara but she step back clutching her bag infront of her chest.

"You see Ji, those are your plans, your dreams, you can continue without me, I have my own plans and dreams as a person too Ji"

"Is that it?? Because its MY PLAN??,, you agreed to them, my plans and dreams..youre part of them.."  I answered

"Ji, there's alot of things out there, its not always YOU and ME. I wanna do things on my own"

"We can do it together, we can go out there together, we'll change our plans and dreams, if you wish to, just dont leave me!!!" .

"Thats the very reason Ji, TOGETHER, I wanna do things ALONE, on my OWN"

"Well, we dont need to break up, we dont need to end this. you can do things on your own but we can stay as couple"

 "No Ji, I'm ending this because im not sure if everything will be the same after this"

I can see Dara starting to tremble and trying to fight her tears"

“Dara, I will wait"

"Jiyong please, Don’t wait, continue you’re life without me and I’ll be doing the same"

No she’s not saying this. How can I continue my life? it revolves around her, I can’t, I just cant.

"But I love you!!"I almost shouted,  

I can see her heaving deep breaths while removing my jackets and putting it on top of the table and her tears started to fall before she spun around and leave me.

My body becomes numb, my body is not following my brain request, I am standing here and looking at her back watching her to step out, out of my life.

 No, this is a bad dream, I just can’t let her go. I love her so much. I grab my jacket and run after her.  

 

 

Author's note.

I dont know if should i continue this story. What do you think?

Please send me a comment. Im not sure if everyone understand my story and grammar.