The End.

The DAY you said Goodbye.

DARA's POV

Its already 2:00 in the morning and I just finished my architectural design that is due later today. I need to sleep now, Ohh I need to call Jiyong first. I found it silly and child-like to update Jiyong every now and then but as her girlfriend  and to avoid any issues, I decided to give Jiyong a call which is supposedly sleeping but with his stubbornness requested to be called up just to inform him that I’m done and I am ready to sleep.

I dialed Jiyong number. After 2 sets of ring, Jiyong answered.

"Hey babe, wazzup?"

"Hi Ji, well as you've requested im calling to inform you that  Im done with the design and I am ready to sleep." I sleepily answered.

"That’s nice babe, and babe I just want to let you know that you will have a design presentation tomorrow for that. Big bosses will be there, it will be your time to shine and it might cause you promotion" Jiyong excitedly respond.

"What? I dont know about that?.. How did you know?"

"Well, the Big Bosses and Engineering Department had a meeting earlier and the firm is looking for a senior Architect, and I suggest giving you a chance for it" Jiyong answered.

"That sounds unfair, Im new with the company, i just celebrated my 1st year last month, there's a lot of Architects within the company that are aiming for that and more experienced than me, I don’t know Ji, this sounds off to me and besides, im not seeing myself as a senior, I am still enjoying my time designing and submitting it at required time and date, I don’t want admin task's, and it will also lessen my free time with you" I responded.

I can hear Jiyong's deep breath on the other line before responding.

"Just it give a try, this is for you and don’t worry, everything has been set, just do what you need to do, OK, I know you can do it" Jiyong answered with a firm tone.

"What? You’ve already set everything?, without telling me!, You could have ask me first before deciding for me" I retorted.

My voice started to rise, I know that he only wants the best for me but sometimes he goes overboard that he end up deciding for me. During our early years as couple I let him decide for many things like the place that I'm living, the color of my room, what mobile phone model should we have and many other things, I let him do it because he always reiterate that his just doing his "Boyfriend" duty and as a preparation as a husband, I find it sweet but lately it felt like he's controlling me. Yes, he let me decide for my own for some things but when it goes to major decisions he always got a way to turn to his favor, like the firm that im working right now. At first i am against the idea of us working under the same company because it might affect our relationship but I give in, and told myself that it will be for the best. We also had discussions before regarding his "Boyfriend" duty.

"Babe, there's nothing wrong with it, don’t make this an issue" Jiyong replied starting to raise voice.

I’m starting to get pissed off, I hate it when he decides for me, it made me feel like I am not capable of deciding for myself.

“Babe, your just tired, take a rest and we’ll talk tomorrow” pleaded Jiyong.

I just sigh and I let him hear it.

“Babe always remember that everything I do is for you, for our future” Jiyong added.

“I love you and see you tomorrow”

JIYONG’S POV

I’ve been calling Dara for an hour now and she’s not answering it. I already called her mother and according to her she already left for the office.

I picked up the phone and dial one of her team mate phone number.

After 1 ring, her team mate answered.

“Hi, Sulli, Good Morning” I greeted.

“Hello, Mr. Kwon, It’s indeed a Good Morning for me since you called me at this early hour, how can I be of service to you?. Something wrong with Architectural Designs from our department” Sulli inquired.

  “Well its not actually about designs, do you know where Dara is?” I asked.

“Actually, I’m the one who should be asking that, because as I came in, I found her designs on top my office table with a note telling me that she’ll be coming back tomorrow. I tried calling her to ask her what’s wrong because she should explain the details later but she’s not answering. ” Sulli reported.

It’s unusual for Dara to pull this type of attitude. She has been always professional when it comes to work. What’s wrong with her? It is because of last night’s discussion? I should talk to Dara about this.  We only got 30 minutes before the meeting will start and the she need to present that latest design. She can’t miss this opportunity, I already placed my name for her.

“Sulli, if in case Dara will not be able to attend the Design Presentation, can we move it for another time?” I inquired.

“Mr. Kwon, you know we can’t decide for that, and if in case Dara will not be there someone from our team will present it. The Department Heads have been looking forward to this design since it’s for a multi-million hotel, I hope you understand” Sulli explained.

“Yeah, your right, it’s just that I already set expectation with the Department Heads that Dara will be explaining the details” I answered.

“Don’t worry Mr. Kwon, we will be able to explain it properly since we know the details, I assure you about that Mr. Kwon” Sulli proudly answered.

“I believe you Sulli, thank you then and see you at the board room later” I ended.

The meeting ended nicely.  Dara was replaced by Sulli; she was able to explain the details.

After the meeting I run to my office and look for my phone I need to talk to Dara. How could she do this to me? Everyone at the board room is looking at me after Sulli reported that she will be presenting the design since Dara can’t make it.

I decided to try calling Dara again.

My head starting to tremble, I massage my head with my right hand while the other one is holding the phone.

“Yoboseyo?” Dara Answered.

“Finally, Thank goodness!. Where are you?, the presentation just ended. How could you do this to me? I put my name for you! I’ve been calling you! Is there something wrong with the phone? I angrily inquired.

“Sorry Ji, I purposely ignored all your call, Im tired Ji.”

“You could have told me that last night!” I replied.

“Ji, could you meet at Yangssi Sanghoe” Dara weakly replied.

“Why?? This is not the right time for lunch?” I answered.

“Just be here Ji, I’ll be waiting” Dara insisted.

“Ok, I’ll be on my way and be ready with your explanation, what you did today is not acceptable, that is not the right attitude of a future Supervisor”

“Yes Ji, I’ll explain everything and Ji I Love you, you know that right?” Dara weakly answered.

“Yes, and I love you too” I answered.

My head feels like ready to explode after what Dara said, there’s something wrong with the way she says it. It makes me worry. I inform my Subordinates that I’ll be out.

While driving, I can still hear my conversation with Dara, the way she told me that she loves me, felt wrong. She’s hiding something from me.

“Ji I love you, you know that right?”

It keeps playing in my mind, I drive a little faster I need to see Dara right away.

“I love you, you know that right?”