8.

Horizon

 

 

 

Living with a group of people wasn't simple. That's what Wu Fan thought every morning, and every time he turned around in the bed and saw that lovely sleeping face, Tao's face, he was extremely happy to live with them.

It was worth it.

He was still shocked: he lived his teen completely alone, his only companions were blood, screams, darkness and wicked men and women that carried him in white rooms, and now he was surrounded by gentle gazes, sweet touches and whispers.

But he was slowly getting used to that. Every day, he woke up with Tao in his arms; even though he had his own bed, he liked to sleep next to him, and he never received a complain. Usually, he kept his eyes closed and waited for Tao, that always stirred with a mewl when he woke up.

During the first month, Tao made sure that he could do simple tasks. Sometimes he didn't go to work to help him, and in the mornings, after breakfast, Tao taught him how to do some things.

He quickly learnt how to cook some dishes, how to make the bed, how to tidy up the rooms without breaking something and many other things. Whenever he did something right, Tao would cover him with kisses on the cheeks before sleeping. Getting a reward was stupid, but he didn't complain because he secretly loved to be alone with him and cuddle till the both of them fall asleep.

Only that it wasn't really a secret, but whatever.

Anyways, things were getting better for Luhan and Sehun, too. The latter was still a bit afraid, but he was slowly giving in to Luhan and his tight hugs. He had to help him and teach him things, too.

A month and a week after Tao had found him, Chanyeol called him.

"I think you're ready to have a job." He said with a smile. Nobody had mentioned Joonmyeon since that day, and the scientist quickly recovered, thanks to what Luhan said, too.

Wu Fan felt thrilled, excited, but he was afraid, too.

Afraid of people, afraid of losing control, afraid of losing Tao.

The first day Wu Fan was nervous, especially because they were back to the crowded market.

"We have to meet some clients and give them their merchandise… but I have to leave you alone here, because one of them is waiting for me and we have another appointment, so…" Tao said looking sorry. Wu Fan sighed and then smiled.

"Okay, don't worry, I'll do my best and if I need help I'll call you."

Tao smiled as well and hugged him. "Very well, you already know what to do… I'll try to be fast!"

Wu Fan watched his back as he run away with a big box in his arms and smiled. He leaned against the wall and sighed. He inhaled Tao's scent that was still in the scarf and waited for the client.

People continued their business and nobody talked to him, yet many stopped to look at him. With a stern gaze, he scared anyone that came too near him but after a few minutes, a pretty girl greeted him with a smile.

"Hello, you must be the new delivery boy! Here's my order." The girl smiled sweetly and gave him a piece of paper. Wu Fan felt his heart beating faster: he was still scared, but he managed to grab the order and gave the merchandise to the girl.

She giggled and blushed heavily when they made eye contact. "Here's your payment… but wouldn't you prefer something else…?" Wu Fan quickly took the money and looked at her. "Something else?" He didn't understand what she meant, he was curious but at the same time, even he knew that he wouldn't like that kind of payment.

"Yes! Like… a special reward for a handsome young man like you." The girl was now touching his waist, and Wu Fan realized what she wanted to say. Panic quickly spread in his mind, and he stumbled backwards, trying to escape to her hands and her winking eyes. He probably looked pathetic to the crowd, but he was more worried for the safety of everyone: if he was afraid, he could easily lose control, and Tao wasn't there to calm him. He still couldn't stand people.
"Please, don't touch me." He growled with wide eyes. The girl immediately stopped and pouted. "I'm not cute enough for you?"

Wu Fan scoffed and tried to pay attention to his breath. His lower lip trembled, but he managed to talk with steady, low voice. "I have someone better than you, please go away."

The girl clearly wasn't happy with those words: Wu Fan certainly didn't have the time to think how to be polite and he didn't even care; he just wanted to be sure to control himself, and he hoped that Tao would arrive with his usual kind smile to save him from that situation.

The girl just started to whine and tried to grab his arm, but was stopped by a soft voice.

"Wu Fan? Are you all right?" The taller man turned around and saw Tao looking at him, and he could tell he was a bit disappointed; he quickly run to his side and hugged him tightly, as if he was a child that had just found his mother after being alone for a long time.

Tao gasped loudly, but hugged him back anyway. "What happened? Don't worry, I'm here now." He whispered in his ear.

Wu Fan sighed, satisfied. He felt calm and once again Tao's scent filled his mind.

"God, I felt so hopeless without you… I need you, don't ever leave me again." He muttered closing his eyes.

Tao just started to caress his back and glanced at the girl, that was looking at them with a scowl. "Okay, we'll keep working together for today. I won't leave you alone."

Wu Fan didn't even look at the girl and just kept smiling, his nose still close to the young man's face.

"Someone better than me, huh?" She just scoffed and walked away. Tao stared at him with a confused look, making the taller man chuckle.
"I just told her the truth, that I have already somebody." He explained. Tao blushed and remained in complete silence, as he tugged Wu Fan; they had to meet many other clients, and they spent the day without any other problem.

When they arrived at home, a bit tired, Tao yawned and leaned into his arms. "Let's shower together." He murmured. Wu Fan just widened his eyes and nodded happily. He was sure that Tao didn't mind to be in front of him, otherwise he wouldn't have said that.

They went in the large bathroom and took off their clothes, and in a few seconds, they were under the shower and their bodies were soaked.

"I'll wash your hair." Wu Fan said with a little grin. Tao hummed when he felt the other's hands, and he started to wash the other's hair.

"You'll get a different reward, tonight." He whispered; his cheeks were red and Wu Fan smiled when he heard those words. Whatever was the reward, he knew he could trust Tao.

Wu Fan didn't even remember he had dinner, but he felt extremely sleepy and Tao had yet to give him his reward.

Once in their bedroom, the taller one immediately lied on the other's bed and smiled when he crawled next to him. He quickly wrapped his arms around his body and kissed softly the corner of his lips.

"You've been really good, today." Tao chuckled; he put his hands on Wu Fan's face and straddle him with a smirk. Their faces were really close and soon Wu Fan couldn't understand what was going on; but he didn't complain, because he liked that feeling.

Tao shifted a bit and brought his mouth close to his ear. "Will you forgive me? I've done something you told me not to do." He whispered softly; after those words, he nibbled his ear. Wu Fan whimpered and hugged him, pushing their bodies close.

"I won't ever be angry at you." He mumbled. He couldn't think straight anymore, whatever Tao was doing,  it was having a great effect on him.

Tao started to kiss his jaw-line, and Wu Fan shivered in pleasure. He was particularly bold, that night, but it only made him happier than ever.

"I read your files." Tao muttered. The taller one gasped and looked at him. His mind was clouded, but he managed to say something. "Why? I thought you…" Tao hushed him with a kiss near his mouth.

"Yes… but I needed to know everything about you, since I want to help you."

Wu Fan hummed and caressed slowly his back. "Okay, I understand." Tao smiled and kissed again the corner of his lips.

"You were the strongest of all." He trembled at those words and stared at him with glossy eyes. "Really?" He asked; Tao nodded and pecked his cheek. "If you'll understand how to control your powers, then you'll be the strongest."

Wu Fan sighed, feeling incredibly sleepy. "My reward… Is that all? You said it was different."

Tao looked at him and took a deep breath. "No, I'll give it to you right now."

He slowly went closer to his face and Wu Fan couldn't take his eyes off from him.

With half-lidded eyes, Tao finally closed the little distance between them and softly kissed him on the lips.

It was a brief contact, but it was enough to make Wu Fan's heart stop for a second.

 


A/N:
Hi there! ^O^ I updated early, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^w^
Next update will be probably on Wednesday, so keep voting the poll because Sehun is winning! >w<
Follow me on my tumblr, too! ^W^ I'd love to know what do you think of this fanfic and of this chapter. ^^

Since I haven't much to say, I'll answer your reviews~! <3

Bliss_Destiny: sorry! ^^;; But now Kris is okay~! ^O^

morrastar: ah~! Thank you so much! T^T You'll see Kris' powers really soon! ^^

Until next time my dear subscribers and readers! <3