7.

Horizon

 

 

 

They didn't expect Luhan to be another experiment, but things were actually more complicated that Wu Fan thought.

He felt extremely tired; Tao told him that there were flames around his body when he was screaming on the ground, and Wu Fan didn't miss to see his worried gaze and his glossy eyes.

"I'm alright now." He whispered to him while he nuzzled his nose against his neck. Tao just sighed and kissed his cheek, smiling a bit when Wu Fan took his hand.

Tao's scent was around him, thanks to the scarf, too. He felt safe, finally he could relax: Tao was hugging him and that Luhan was looking dreamily at Sehun, who didn't know what to do and just patted his back.

Wu Fan didn't like that he was there with them, but he didn't complain because Tao's light touch was calming him and he couldn't say a thing.

Jong In kept chuckling at Sehun, but Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked quite worried and sometimes they stole glances at Luhan.

After all, he wasn't exactly friendly with Wu Fan.

They were still inside the farm, and it was cold and they wanted to go home, but first they needed to know what Luhan wanted to do.

"Are you going to tell us what you wanted to do? You almost killed Wu Fan." Chanyeol said with a serious tone. Luhan looked at him with his innocent look and then chuckled.

"Ah, yes… you see, I'm part of the experiment… They used my DNA to create the others." He explained with a little smile. "I'm not from this planet. They used me since I was a child."

Wu Fan stared at him with a stern gaze. "What about the blood? What did you do?" He asked. He knew the answer, but he was afraid to hear it.

Luhan widened his eyes, surprised. "I-I killed them… how did you know?" Wu Fan growled, and continued to talk. "Who? Who did you kill?! Everyone? Just the scientists? Or just the experiments?!"

He felt the anger increase, but soft caresses quickly calmed him. Tao whispered something in his ear, he couldn't understand what he said, but he leaned on his arms and quietly rested his head on his shoulder.

Luhan looked away, probably now feeling guilty. "I set free the experiments… but the scientists are dead now. I wanted to kill you two, but…" He continued glancing at Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He didn't finish and he struggled to get near Sehun.

"Now that I met my mate, I'll do everything to make him happy, so I won't kill any of you!"

He said that in a happy tone, but of course, that scared Sehun anyway. He looked like he was going to cry when Luhan, with a sweet smile, took his hand and kissed it.

Chanyeol stared at him with wide eyes, soon full of tears. "How could you!" He cried. His cheeks were red and he stared to sob loudly, while covering his face with his hands. "Joonmyeon was still there…! And now he's dead!" Baekhyun just hugged him and kissed him, a desperate attempt to calm him and comfort him.

Jong In looked at the couple with a sad gaze, and he bit his lower lip. With shaking voice, he started to talk, as if he didn't want to think about Chanyeol's sadness. "Tao and Wu Fan have a wonderful relationship even if they met, uh, yesterday, but you two… just don't give the feeling of a happy couple."

Luhan pouted and started to caress Sehun's hair, as if he was a doll.

"Oh, they're just lucky. Not always the feelings are mutual, you know? The good thing is that humans can fall in love." Sehun whimpered and closed his eyes; Jong In sighed and looked away. "Anyway, I have to apologize to you, little experiment! I was afraid that you could hurt me."

Wu Fan stared at him as Tao slowly kissed his jaw line. "I have a name, you know? I'm Wu Fan." He mumbled. He felt dizzy, sleepy. He was so tired, so he just closed his eyes and he realized that Tao was shaking and had wet cheeks. "Don't cry." He whispered. But he couldn't hear the answer, because he already fell asleep.

 

When he woke up, he was lying in Tao's bed. He smiled when he saw his back, and he caressed his hip making him gasp.

"Tao, come here." He whispered. The young man turned around and smiled to him. "I want to stay with you." Wu Fan told him.

Tao slowly lied next to him and kissed his cheek, making Wu Fan sigh. "Chanyeol won't let you sleep that long every day… probably you're going to work with me." He said chuckling.

The other one grunted and leaned into his arms. "As long as no one touches me…" He mumbled.

He expected to work, it's not like that group had plenty of money for everyone. But he didn't like the idea of meeting other people; fortunately, there was Tao with him.

"Why don't you tell me something about yourself?" He asked to the young man. Tao nodded and started talking.

"Well, let's see… I'm nineteen, I like cakes. I haven't seen my parents since last year." Wu Fan looked at him and waited. Jong In clearly told him that he found Tao a year ago, but still that didn't explain everything. "Did you run away?" Tao suddenly looked sad. "Yes… because they did something really bad."

Wu Fan wanted to know badly why Tao had cried that morning, so he continued with his questions.

"What did they do?"

The young man closed his eyes and shivered.

"They made a machine… their idea wasn't bad, but it was dangerous to have something like that. They didn't listen to me and my warnings, they were too engrossed with their work to pay attention to their son. So I decided to run away with the machine…"

Tao swallowed and opened his eyes. He looked lost, scared, and Wu Fan quickly wrapped his arms around him.

"I… I don't…" He hushed him and started to kiss his cheeks. "Let's go with the others, okay? We can talk about this another time." He whispered with a little smile. Tao nodded and they quickly got up and went to the huge room.

There, they found Luhan, that had a huge smile, Sehun and Jong In.

"Wu Fan!" Luhan seemed really happy that he arrived, and he waved at him. "Finally, come here, I'd like to talk with you!"

Wu Fan wasn't exactly confident, but he took Tao's hand and sat near the boy. "What?" He growled. Luhan chuckled as he hugged Sehun that still looked quite scared.

"I want to know what your powers are! You were so cool, with those flames around you! Please, tell me!" Luhan was just like a little child: he was curious, he acted on instinct and it was easy to know what he wanted and what he was thinking of. The thought almost made Wu Fan snort, but instead he sighed.

"I'm supposed to be a dragon… I don't really know what I can do."
Luhan stared at him, amazed. "Fantastic! You can do many things, you should know! Didn't they experiment on you? They should have tested your abilities."

Wu Fan coughed and started to feel nervous. He didn't really like to talk about that, and he searched for Tao's loving gaze, hoping that it would calm him. The young man smiled at him and nuzzled his nose against his neck, making Wu Fan shiver with pleasure.

He was sure that it was something that will take part on their routine.

"I don't remember much." He slowly said with a low tone. "Every time they carried me in the experiment room, I made my mind go blank, so that I couldn't remember anything."

Luhan just hummed and looked away, embarrassed. "S-sorry, I shouldn't have asked you anything."
Wu Fan just shrugged and looked at Sehun that was trying to escape from Luhan's tight embrace.

"Hey, you're choking him!" Jong In said; he quickly got his friend free from the hug and patted his back. "Try to be careful, he has to get used to you, don't you think?"

Luhan nodded, but looked truly sad. "I'm sorry, Sehun, but I'm really happy that I met you and…"

Wu Fan smiled when he saw pity in Sehun's eyes, and Tao chuckled lightly when the young man took Luhan's hand and blushed.

The boy immediately smiled and squealed in delight, but when Baekhyun entered the room, he got serious.

"I have never seen Chanyeol crying so much!" He said while rubbing his red eyes; probably he cried, too. He went near Luhan and looked at him with hatred.

"You're a murder." He snarled. Luhan widened his eyes and looked on the ground. "Do you know how many innocent people there were in those laboratories?! Not everyone worked there because they wanted to!"

Wu Fan silently nodded, Baekhyun was right: some scientists had to work in there, and many of them tried to help the prisoners. Tao started shaking again, and he quickly wrapped his arms around his body.

"I know… but please, listen to me!" Luhan whimpered. "I said that I killed those scientists… but some of them helped me to free the experiments and run away! I didn't do anything to them, so maybe that Joonmyeon is still alive!"

Baekhyun was crying in silence and looked at Luhan with a stern gaze.

"I don't really want to know what you did." He whispered. "You obviously have to stay here, but if you do something to one of us, anything… I swear I'll kill you."

Luhan looked at him and nodded, his cheeks were red and his eyes were glossy. "I promise I'll protect you! I'll be part of your family and I promise you I won't let you down!"

Baekhyun nodded and closed his eyes. "Tao, please… just for this evening, look after them. I have to stay with Chanyeol, he probably won't even eat."
Tao smiled, and Wu Fan felt his heart flutter. He wanted to cover him with kisses, sweet words and promises, but he knew he had to wait to do that.

"Hey, I can look after myself, thank you!" Jong In pouted. The scientist's lover chuckled and ruffled his hair. "Of course you can, big boy!" With a sigh, he returned to Chanyeol.

Tao looked at the three young men near him and clapped his hands.
"Okay, Jong In and Sehun! You two help Luhan, he needs a long shower and new clothes. Wu Fan, you'll help me cooking dinner!"

Jong In groaned and stood up. "He's a grown man! He can do it alone!" He whined. Tao stood up as well and patted his back. "Does this mean that you'll leave little Sehun alone with Luhan?"

Sehun whimpered loudly and Jong In shook his head. "Okay, I understand, I'll do it."
Tao chuckled and kissed his cheek.

Wu Fan looked at them and felt jealous. He just hoped that his loving kisses and hugs that he shared with Tao meant something deeper than friendship.

But he sighed with sadness when he realized that he had to wait for a really long time before Tao could be in love with him.

 

 

 


A/N:
Woah, this chapter is extra long, so you'll have to wait a bit more for the next one. ^^;
What do you think of Luhan? Will he be an enemy in the future?
What about Tao?! What happened in the past? ;__;
And poor Chanyeol! ;w;
Anyway, I promise you'll see more Baekyeol and Hunhan in the future... BUT!
You need to choose first! ^O^ That's right, usually chapters are about Wu Fan and his problems, so choose someone...
And you'll see more about that character! ^^

Thanks my dear subscribers and readers, I apologize for any mistake! ^^; 
I hope to see some reviews, I'm happy to read them and know what do you think of this fanfic ^O^