19.

Horizon

 

 

 

Luhan immediately saw that something happened between Wu Fan and Tao. He smiled, but he was incredibly jealous; he had never kissed Sehun, not once. He was still insecure, he still didn't know what he wanted. He tapped his fingers on the table, staring at Sehun that was scribbling on a piece of paper. Whatever he was doing, he looked focused.

He was using various crayons and he was sticking out his tongue. He looked cute like that, and Luhan chuckled, feeling less jealous. "Sehunnie…" He said in a light, playful tone. The younger man looked up with a smile. "What is it?" He asked quietly. Luhan sighed and answered without staring at him. "I love you…" He mumbled.

Sehun took his hand and smiled even wider. His cheeks were red and he looked happy. Luhan was surprised by his reaction, even more when Sehun gave him his piece of paper. It was a messy drawing of a big red heart with his name written on it. It was something stupid, childish. Maybe it was something Sehun used to do when he was little and he wanted to say how much he loved someone.

Luhan felt his eyes stinging, and he started sobbing after a few seconds. He didn't know why he was crying; probably Sehun did that a lot of times, for Jong In and for Tao, too. He felt himself smiling. Now he understood why. He felt so happy – he had accepted him! Maybe he didn't love him back, but that was enough in that moment, and Luhan couldn't do anything but look at him with a wide smile.

Sehun chuckled weakly. "I'm not good. With words." He explained. Luhan got up from his seat and walked near him. He lowered himself and kissed his cheek, as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

Their sweet moment was ruined by Jong In that arrived in the room with Kyungsoo, a poor man that Luhan pitied a lot. He looked scared all the time, but other than that, he was quiet and followed Jong In everywhere he was going. "Jong In!" He called after wiping away his last tears of happiness. "Look, isn't that cute?" Jong In looked at the drawing and chuckled. He just ruffled Sehun's hair and walked towards the kitchen.

Kyungsoo, though, stayed with them. He obliviously wanted to say something, but kept silent as Sehun just smiled and hugged Luhan tightly. Jong In reappeared with some bread and chocolate. "Okay, so. I'm sure Wu Fan and Tao did something serious." Luhan beamed. "Oh, that's nice! Finally, some action."

Jong In just shrugged. "I don't know, Tao looked scared when he came back home. He was clinging at Wu Fan's arm like his life depended on it." Kyungsoo finally spoke. "That tall guy… the one with glasses. He said he wanted to talk to you." He said while looking at Luhan, who huffed and got up.

He quickly went to Chanyeol's room and knocked on the door. The scientist opened immediately and dragged him inside the room. "You're in trouble!" He exclaimed right after slamming the door. Luhan gasped, now worried. "What?! Why?" The taller just shook his head. "No, nothing too serious. I hope. I need to teach you something about and mating."

The young man widen his eyes and looked away. "Oh my… I already know those things, thank you very much. They educated me, you know? That's where they make their biggest mistake." Chanyeol chuckled, as he glanced at him, nervous. "Yes, but they didn't know… about mating season. Yeah."

Luhan froze, trying to understand the meaning behind those words. The scientist sighed softly. "Well, it's something that happens only to the subjects that have met their mate. In certain periods of times you'll feel stronger… urges. Your main problem is Sehun; if he doesn't want to do anything, mainly because he doesn't love you…" He shrugged and sighed again. "Well, I won't let you do anything to him, but I'm sure you won't either. Talk about that with Sehun, you have to be sure everything will end nicely; I don't want you two to get hurt."

Luhan blinked, confused. "I wouldn't try to kill him or something like that, you know that." Chanyeol shook his head and smiled sadly. "I mean hurt in your mind. In your heart." He took some papers and handed them to Luhan.

"Read them. I wrote all of that. I saw some subjects after they met their mate; their mating season started a few months after they met their fate. It wasn't something destructive, nobody died during that time… so you don't have to worry. I'm sure you wouldn't try anything with Sehun, if he will ever refuse. I'm more worried for Wu Fan… A dragon is stronger, I'm scared for him." Luhan scoffed.

"Don't say stupid things! Wu Fan isn't completely a dragon; I'm pretty sure he'd prefer living far away from Tao so he wouldn't hurt him. Hell, I'm not surprised if he'll ever try to kill himself in order to keep him safe from his powers!"

Chanyeol sighed heavily. "I'll leave him to you. I'll talk with him about this mating season… but you have to control him. You're the only one who can."

 

When Tao explained quickly what had happened to him and Wu Fan, Luhan couldn't help but feel jealous. They were happy, in love, and Wu Fan was slowly getting better and better. He looked at them while trying to hide his scowl; he, too, wanted to hug and kiss slowly his Sehun… That cute heart with his name wasn't enough. It was just a little clue to something, and Luhan couldn't understand the real meaning behind that.

So he decided that he couldn't wait anymore. He had to talk to him about that mating season that worried him so much (mainly because he didn't know what his own reactions might be) and about that heart. In the late afternoon, he took Sehun outside.

"I want to know about the meaning behind that heart you drew for me!" He almost shouted as he stared at him. Sehun seemed a bit shocked and Luhan felt even worried. "I want to know… even if it was just a drawing, it meant so much to me! But I don't know what I mean… to you."

Sehun nodded slightly and blushed. "You're… special." He muttered. To Luhan, though, it still wasn't enough. "Special just like Tao or Jong In are special to you? Or something else? Something more?" His questions made Sehun even more nervous. He looked away, embarrassed, and took a deep breath.

"More." He mumbled. "I don't know how much." He took another breath and his lips. "But more." Luhan sighed, now feeling a lot better than before. He fell into his arms, making Sehun gasp slightly, and hugged him. "I'm scared." He whispered, closing his eyes. "I don't want to hurt you… but I know I will. You will suffer because of me… I'll be selfish, I'll care about my happiness and nothing else. Then, you'll be in pain, and you won't stay with me anymore."

Sehun relaxed as Luhan started to give life and sound to his thoughts. He sighed and hugged him even more tightly. "I don't understand anything anymore!" Luhan cried. "I thought I was ready to be refused… to be not loved! Now I'm so scared, what if I'll force you to do something? And this mating season… It will ruin everything!"

The young man couldn't stop his tears, but his words had revealed his feelings; they just confirmed what Sehun thought of Luhan. He wasn't cruel, he was just like him… he wanted to be selfish, but at the same time he was worried for him. For his sake, Luhan was more than ready to do anything.

The only thing he couldn't understand was that mating season. Sehun did know what it meant, but why Luhan was so worried? It was something that could affect him? Or something that could affect them? He pecked his wet cheek and looked up in the sky.

Sehun, too, was confused. As he glanced at the clouds, still with Luhan in his arms, he sighed softly and hoped that everything could end in the right way.

 


A/N:
I'm back! *^* 
I really hope you liked this chapter, I can't wait to read your reviews! *O*
Also... welcome, new subscribers/readers! *__*
And let's celebrate EXO Best Rookie Award! *^*

sherilyntheeurasian: Thank you so much! <3

morrastar: I'm sorry you didn't understand. They were falling from a building. ^^;

seonri9095: Thank you sooo much! *O*

shikalila: Ahhh, thanks! Hope you liked this chapter as well! *^*