TTL : 3

Time To Love

 

Myungsoo looked at his phone. No message. No missed call. Of course they're none, he has changed his phone number since one week ago. He sighs and shuts his phone.
 
He brushes his eyes around the place where he has stayed for a week. It has a typical scent and filled of white color, a small table beside his bed, a television hanging which he seldom turn on.
 
Yes, he is in a hospital.
 
Suddenly the door opens, Myungsoo looked up and smile to the person who open the door. The 30s years old man smile back and gently shut the door back.
 
"How are you today, Myungsoo?" The man checked the infusion himself and pulled out a stethoscope from his pocket.
 
Myungsoo let the doctor doing his business and he laid down on the bed. "I... I'm in a very good condition today... Yeah, I'm good." Myungsoo lied. He has something in his mind. Of course he is not good. He is not okay. He is sick. That's why he is in the hospital. But Myungsoo doesn't want Mr. Lee knows, moreover for what Mr. Lee has been trying so hard on him.
 
And he just want everything turn good today.
 
Mr. Lee stops her sthethoscope on Myungsoo's chest. He knows Myungsoo is lying. He has been Myungsoo's personal doctor since 6 months ago and he knows, Myungsoo condition is getting worse everyday. He has to bet for his life everyday.
 
Suddenly, Mr Lee pulled out his stethoscope away and started to unplug the infusion. "W-What are you doing, doc?" Myungsoo frowned in confusion. He needs it to survive.
 
After takes off the infusion, Mr. Lee straighten his body and put his hands on his pockets. "Go, Myungsoo. Go finished what you have to finished. I can't operate a patients who hasn't finished his last task." Mr Lee said.
 
Myungso surprises by Mr. Lee words. How can he knows Myungsoo has uncompleted task? But, Myungsoo just to afraid to do it. He looked away and retort. "No, doc. I don't have any uncompleted task. All my task is only attend the operate today. That's why  I stayed for a week at here."
 
Mr. Lee sighs and shook his head. "You're very stubborn, you know? And..." Mr. Lee then pulled the drawer and take out an envelope. "You're not good at lying, aren't you? Or should I send this by myself to..." Mr Lee looked at the name, "Song... Minsu."
 
Myungsoo quickly turn around when he heard the name, and abruptly grabs the letter. "NO!"
 
Mr. Lee a bit surprised by his reaction, but then he smiled. "That girl must be important, mustn't she?"
 
*She is more that important. She is my only world.* "H-How can you know about the letter?" Myungsoo keeps the letter on his chest. Mr. Lee chuckles, "Well, you just forget to shut your door properly last night."
 
Myungsoo facepalm himself. How can he forget to?
 
Mr. Lee opens the drawer again and takes out a coat and put it on the bed. "Go, now. I don't want you to have any regret. You know about the operation, right? Your chance is only- "
 
"20%. I know it, doc. And even it's only 1%, I'll still do it. That's better than I have to endure the pain everyday." Myungsoo chuckles bitterly.
 
Mr. Lee then pulls Myungsoo's hand and put a pill and a key on his palm. "Don't waste your time, Myungsoo. You have hide for a long time. Now, it's time to show yourself."
 
Myungsoo looked at  the things on his palm. *Mr. Lee is right. I have hiding and I only have 1 last chance. And, I won't waste it.* Myungso stands up and grabs the coat.
 
"Kim Myungsoo," Mr Lee called him before he opens the door. He turn back to know what is Mr. Lee want to said. "Don't be late to come back, and... good luck."
 
Myungsoo smiles andnods. " Thank you, doc." In a split of seconds, the room is only leave with Mr. Lee inside. *I really wish for your luck, Kim Myungsoo."
 
Myungsoo quickly drives off from the hospital to Minsu's house. He can't hide his nervousness. He keeps his lips and bites his bottom lips. Heis heart beats faster than usuall.
 
He has been through a week like hell, too.
 
Two weeks ago, when he had his routine checked up, he swear he could get heart attach when Mr. Lee said he has to undergo an operaion. The cancer in his brain is spread to other victim organs in his body.
 
Myungsoo can't said anything. His mouth locked, his tongue freeze and his throat was sore. As he remember, he has follow the rules, he has eat all the medicines straightly. Although he is with Minsu, he still takes them.
 
Of course Minsu would ask what are the medicines for. "I got a headache." "It's all vitamins." "Ah, it's for my cold." Thats what all Myungsoo can said. He would never ever said about his disease . He didn't want to makes her worry.
 
But,
 
Today is an exception.