Off to Bed with You!

Secretly Married to Lee Byunghun

Putting my foot through the front door that final time was stressful yet calming at the same time. There wasn’t a sound from anywhere in the house. It stood completely still. I had always found stillness and silence to be comforting.

That coupled with the fact that my new husband was nowhere to be seen was more than enough to lift my spirits. It’s not like I hated him or anything, you can’t hate someone you don’t know. But he and I weren’t exactly getting off on the right foot. He deserved the benefit of the doubt though. Everyone at least deserves that.

I brought the last box into the bedroom that would be mine and set it on the floor next to the others. It was a nice collection of boxes all together. Yumi had taken the liberty of stacking all of her boxes into a strange looking castle. I had to admit, she might have a little talent in that field. It looked like it might have been some kind of strange sculpture in a modern art museum. I pulled down the very top box and began to unpack right away. It was quiet for about five minutes before Byunghun found me. He walked through the door with that same smile on his face. I paid him little mind as I continued on unpacking my neatly folded clothes and placing them in orderly piles on the floor. Next to this room stood another that was its mirror image. The two rooms were connected by a sliding door so that the two could become one if one so wished.

“You sure are quiet.” he said in a smooth voice as he sat down on the bare matress.

“Are you always so charming?” I asked in a sarcastic tone. From the corner of my eye I could see him drop the smile. Must not have been what he was expecting to hear.

* Well, at least he dropped that dopey smile* I opened the next box, now sporting a triumphant smirk of my own, and continues organizing the content of my boxes. I went to the closet and grabbed a hand full of wooden handers.

“Most of the time,” he answered after regaining his composure.

“I’m in luck then. Tell me Byunghun, is there anything else you like to spend your time doing?” I asked with my back to him as I hung each garment carefully. For a moment I thought I heard him laughing quietly.

“Don’t call me that,” he said seriously.

“Don’t call you by your name?” I turned toward him with what must have been a rather confused expression.

“I prefer to be called L.Joe,” he seemed very adamant about that fact.

“Huh, I’ll have to remember that then,” I said jokingly then added,” and you can call me Myeongji, Byunghun.” This time I was sure he laughed.

 

“Guess I’ll have to remember that then,” he mirrored me in that same attractive voice from before. Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all. I had to admit he could be charming when he wanted to be.

 

“Oh, and by the way, I’m going to take this room,” he smiled at me as I turned around.

 

“Um, no you aren’t. I already hung up all of my things,”

 

“Haha! So have I,” I turned quickly to look into the closet. I don’t know how I didn’t notice the mass of clothes already hanging there.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” I muttered mostly to myself.

 

“Not even a little,” he bounced up off the bed and began taking my things down one by one and placing them back on the bed.

 

“Seriously? Why didn’t you say so earlier?” I cried in dismay. Never mind what I said before, this boy was the devil…