The Girl In The Boycut.

The Girl In The Boycut.

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Taking a deep breath, Key gave in.

“Remember that day i went i went back home after trying on the outfit you finished? The day Eunhyuk hyung came back from Canada?” Key started.

 

“Yeah, I remember. He gave the matching black hooded sweater he got us and then you headed back home.”

 

“Yeah about that...actually i came back, to get my cap.”

“But you didn't.” Amber said, confused.

 

“You would have known if you came up to get some air.” Key mocked.

“You are being delusional. I was home the whole time.” Amber shook her head disapprovingly.

 

“I saw you with him at the park bench in front of your apartment. You were wearing the hoodie he got you.” He said, convinced that what he wasn’t mistaken.

“Kim Kibum, you are a universal douche bag. You know that?” Amber said, flustered.

“Not the response i expected but go on.”

 

“That was Aiden.” Amber verified.

 

“What do you mean it was Aiden?” Key asked, looking positively lost.

 

“It means what it means. That the person you saw was Aiden. You know how much we look alike. Plus we both had coloured our hair blonde that time. Hyukkie oppa gave him one of the sweaters too but it was navy blue which appears black in the dark. So the person you saw was Aiden an he was with...”

 

“Eunhyuk hyung?” Key questioned. “But how? That doesn’t make sense. Him and Aiden?”

“So what? You’re a homophobe now?” Amber asked, perplexed.

 

“No...no...i didn’t mean it in a bad way.” Key said quickly saving the situation. “Have you known about this long?”

“Yeah, but Aiden doesn’t know that i know. Maybe he thinks i wouldn’t be open about it.” Amber said shrugging.

 

“So every time i asked you what’s new, you never thought of telling me that your brother has a boyfriend? Did that piece of information conveniently slip off your mind?”

“Whoa...why are you all worked up about this?” Amber said, giving him a sharp suspicious look.

 

“Because, if you had told me, i would’ve have figured out that it wasn’t you that i saw that night and we wouldn’t have had to go through the rather unpleasant chain reaction that followed!” Key finally let loose.

 

“Why are you so obsessed about it anyway? So what if i kissed Eunhyuk oppa? In case you didn’t notice, i am a girl and i can kiss whoever i want, let it be Eunhyuk oppa or a dead cat. I do what i want to do. Why does it bother you?”

 

 “Tch...it doesn’t bother me. I was just...caught off guard.” Key spurted as he searched for an escape route. Knowing Amber she doesn’t let go of issues easily, unless a strong unmovable reason is given.

 

WHERE THE HELL IS MINHO! Key’s mind screamed.

 

“Uh-huh...but you, my highness, of course, can ditch me and go kiss the one girl i hate the most when i stood like a clown on the stage wishing i was never born .” Amber said, trying to squeeze things out of him and she knew exactly which button to push.

 

“Hey that was because...”

“-you are dimwit. I know.”

 

“No. I was angry and maybe...maybe a little jealous.” Key said, mumbling the last bit.

Amber looked at him with a confused expression. “That only brings up more questions than answers. Why were you angry? And jealous?”

 

“Look Amber, it’s best that you don’t dig deeper into this. You might not like what you find.” Key warned.

Amber eyed him with suspicion. Her heart refused to calm down. Could it be?

 

“Key, don’t tell me you have feelings for...” she couldn’t end her sentence, afraid that her thought might be true.

Key’s eyes widened making Amber quiver.

 

“Oh my god.” The girl whispered. “But you kissed another girl.”

****

Key’s POV

 

Damn. I made it to obvious. She looks like she's going to throw up.

We sat in silence staring at each other. Amber’s gapped like a goldfish a few times but no words came out. I waited for her to say something and i was pretty sure she was waiting for my explanation.

 

I decided to be a man and speak up. Well, i might as well go all out since she already figured it out. I took a deep breath in and exhaled.

 

“I know it’s too much for you to take in but i had no control over what happened. It just did, over time. I am so sorry to put you in this difficult situation. I understand if you...if you want to stay away from me.” those words refused to flow out naturally. “It’s not easy to take in the fact that your best, childhood friend fell for you.” I squeezed my eyes shut after saying those words out loud.

 

I expected some kind of reaction from her. Anything. But no, she was still sitting there starring at my face.

 

“This is the part where you say something.” I commented.

“Fall for...me?” she asked, her voice dripping with doubt.

 

I didn’t like where this was going but i gave her a nod.

 

“So all this while you were talking about me?” she asked.

 

“Who else would i be talking about?” i asked, puzzled.

 

“I thought you liked Eunhyuk-”

 

“What!” i exclaimed, half shouting, without letting her finish her sentence. “ Eunhyuk hyung?”

 

She nodded timidly.

I huffed in disbelief.

 

“What made you-”

The conversation got cut off when suddenly the elevator begun to move for a few seconds, there was a ding and the door opened.

 

And a tall froggy eyed figure greeted us with a cheeky smile.

 

“Hey guys. Wassup?”

 

“Minho.” Amber called.

 

“Hey, Amber. Sorry it took long to get this fixed.” He said, casually waving his hands. “You alright Key?”

 

“Yeah.” I answered. “Perfect timing by the way.”


 

Don't hate me for the very lame update.

dr_elf15