Chapter 56 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Fifty-Six

 

3:00 PM

"Where are you going?" You asked as you follow Sungjong downstairs.

 

"We're gonna fetch Sooyoung in the airport."

 

You gasped. "Really? She's back?!" He nodded. "Can I come? Can I? Can I?"

 

"Um, I think you should ask eomma about that."

 

"Where is she?" Sungjong pointed to the kitchen and you went there at once. "Minah ajumeoni! Can I come with you to the airport?"

 

"Who's gonna take care of Baekhyun? We can't just leave him alone here in the house."

 

You thought about it for a couple of seconds. "How about he just go with us?" You tried.

 

"But he's still sick." You pouted and looked down.

 

"It's okay, I can just rest in the car." Baekhyun appeared behind the two of you.

 

"Yes!" You clasped your hands together. Minah looked at you. "Uh, I mean, yes! I-I'll just take care of him in the car." You beamed.

 

"Okay then," Minah said. "you should start getting ready now, because at exact three thirty we'll be leaving the house."

 

You nodded and pulled Baekhyun upstairs. "Let's go."

 

6:00 PM

It took a two and a half ride from Jeolla to Incheon Airport. "Wait for us, we're just gonna go fetch them inside." Minah said as she and Sungjong went out of the car.

 

You glanced at Baekhyun who was leaning his head on the car window. You tapped his shoulders. "Are you okay?" You asked. Baekhyun didn't respond, he rested his head on your shoulders. Once again, you felt the heat of his breath on your neck which gave you butterflies in your stomach.

 

The door opened and you saw two giants infront of you. Sooyoung and Chanyeol. "Cheonsa!!" She sat beside you and hugged you. Sooyoung looked really different with her new hairstyle. Her long curly brunette hair made her look like a princess. She was still wearing the same sunglasses she wore the last time you saw her. "I missed you~" She broke the hug and looked towards Baekhyun.

 

"He's sick." You whispered to her.

 

Sooyoung nodded with in a gape. Chanyeol got inside the car. "Eomma! I'll be the one to drive my Audi." Sooyoung sat on the driver's seat and Minah sat beside you.

__________________________________________________________________________

"Let's eat dinner outside!" Sooyoung said when she finished putting her things inside Baekhyun's room. "The restaurant across Baekhyun's school. I miss eating in there!" Sooyoung said as she put her bag on her shoulders.

 

They headed for the door and you followed behind them. "Wait," Sooyoung spun around. "Where's Baekhyun?"

 

Minah and Sungjong looked at you. "He's resting in his room." You uttered.

 

"Oh yeah, he's sick." Sooyoung remembered. "You need to take care of your boyfriend, Cheonsa." She said.

 

You looked at her. "But..we could just ask him to go out and eat with us!" You insisted.

 

"Baekhyun needs to rest. Awhile ago he told me his head hurts." Minah said.

 

"Let's just--"

 

Sooyoung cut your sentence short. "Why don't you just stay here and take care of him? We'll just take out some food for the two of you." She suggested.

 

"Yeah Cheonsa, I think Baekhyun really needs you now." Minah winked at you.

 

Your shoulders deflated. "Okay~ Be safe." You said silently.

 

They went out of the house. You heaved a deep sigh and went upstairs. You opened the door of your room and dove in your bed, face first. "Ugh..." You felt happy and sad at the same time. Happy, because you were given much more time to spend with Baekhyun. And sad, because you weren't able to go with them and eat.

 

You heard the door creak. You stayed in the same position. The bed moved and it made you look up. "Why aren't you out with them?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Minah told me to stay here and take care of you." You buried your face in the bed again. "What're you doing in here? You should be in your room right now, your head hurts right?" You mumbled.

 

"I don't have my own room anymore."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because Sooyoung's back and Chanyeol hyung's gonna spend the holidays here too, so they're going to use my room and we're gonna have to share in one room again."

 

You lifted your head up. "Are you serious? What about Minah? Where is she going to sleep?"

 

"Here. The three of us will be staying in one bedroom. Why," Baekhyun rested his head on your back. "don't you like to share this room with me?"

 

"I was just asking okay? I didn't say anything like that." You said. "And please sit up, your head's so heavy my back hurts." You tried to roll over. His head landed on your stomach. "Ow~"

 

Baekhyun chuckled and sat up. "Sorry."

 

You stretched your arms and Baekhyun helped you sit up. He stared at you and you looked to the side. "Is your head still painful?"

 

"Yeah, a bit."

 

You faced him and sat infront of him. "Come here." You gently pulled him near and you started massaging his temples. He kept his eyes focused on you. "Baekhyun." You said sternly, but he just leaned in closer and stared into your eyes. You glared at him. "If I melt, you're dead." You rolled your eyes and continued massaging his head.

 

"I've been trying really hard to be positive these past days, but I don't know, it feels so difficult." He sighed. "The thought of losing you scares me."

 

You felt your throat tighten. Hearing him say those words made your heart flutter, but it made you sad at the same time. You stopped massaging his head and looked at him in the eyes. "That shouldn't even cross your mind. You'll never lose me, but you know, sometimes we just have to deal with the fact that life doesn't always go our way." You said bravely. "And as I said, I will try my very best to come back alive....if that, will happen." You whispered the last phrase.

 

"But, nevermind that!" You sniggered. "Let's just enjoy the remaining days, okay?"

 

"Stop reminding me." He put weight on every word.

 

You went back to massaging his head. "Alright stick alien, I'm sorry." You giggled.