Chapter 28

At the First Place

Chapter 28

 

 


Youngsaeng opened his eyes only to see a glaring white ceiling in front of him. Oh! So I survived. He thought upon realizing it was a hospital room.

 

“You’re finally awake.” He turned to see his father coming in the room, a plastic bag in hand.

 

“How long have I been out?” He asked, trying to fit some parts he missed during the incident.

 

“About six hours or so, everyone else was here for a while then I sent them on their way.” His father said and took the box of food from the plastic bag he was holding. “The PD assured me to not air what happened and that you’ll reschedule the shoot someplace else.” He finished as he set the food in front of his son.

 

Youngsaeng just nodded but then suddenly remembered Yun Mi’s hand. “How about the artist that I was with her hand was injured because of me.” He asked, hoping that she was alright.

 

“Oh that sweet girl? Some guy named Carlos came to pick her up, she was burning a fever when things got settled here.” His father casually said but secretly noting the change in facial expression of his son.

 

Youngsaeng bit his lower lip in worry, feeling guilty for making her sick.

 

“You don’t remember how they saved you?” His father asked in an amused tone.

 

Youngsaeng shook his head. Was there something he needed to know?

 

“That girl Yun Mi was the one who basically saved you. She forced air into your mouth the whole time as the pool was being drained and before the paramedics could come and help you.” His father informed while pouring some hot tea into a cup but then chuckled at the unreadable expression Youngsaeng was wearing.

 

“Basically as a virtual couple, you have just shared your first intimate kiss.” He teased his son who glared at him.

 

“I almost died and you can still joke like that you ert man!” Youngsaeng recovered from his initial shock then hastily threw his pillow at his father, only to miss him.

 

“Hey a parent should know about his child’s love life you know. Like how your brother would most probably come bursting in here to see you after his shoot.”

 

True enough, it only took a minute before Kyu jong came rustling in and literally throwing himself unto his older brother, ignoring the groan of pain he heard from the patient.

 

“Are you happy that I’m fine or are you mad that I’m still alive?” Youngsaeng teased as he tried to get the boy out of his bed.

 

“Yah! Do you know how worried I was? I had to take 5 shots to get the last scene right!” Kyu jong complained, making a playful action of wanting to hit him.

 

“Play nice my children. I’ll go see if Youngsaengie can leave the hospital and as far as I can see you want to visit her right?” Their father said to avoid the major chaos the two would create.

 

“He’s just scared that we’ll gang up on him.” Kyu jong commented, making the both of them burst into laughter.

 

---

 

“Honestly what am I going to do with you?” Carlos gave out a frustrated sigh as he replaced the towel on Yun Mi’s forehead, reading the digital thermometer that says 39.1.

 

“Mianhe. The situation called for it, I would have done the same if it were you needing help.” Yun Mi tried to calm his nerves, knowing too well that the popping vein near his jaw was out of irritation.

 

“As long as you weren’t harmed that much then I’ll let you off the hook, but no more like this okay?” Carlos gave up in defeat, hopeless when she tries to act sweet in front of him. “Is he fine?”

 

“His father said he’s fine. I dunno.” Yun Mi shrugged trying to act like things regarding Youngsaeng were not a big deal. Because that’s the way it should be.

 

“Want something to eat or do you prefer to sleep?” Carlos asked her then checking his watch to see if it is time for her to take her medicine again.

 

“Sleep.” She answered in a hush tone.

 

“Okay. I’ll wake you up later.” He said before standing up only to be pulled back in his previous position.

 

“Stay?” Yun Mi asked with pleading eyes.

 

“If I also get sick then it’s your fault that Persona will fail in showing up for our schedules.” He teased before settling down next to her, pulling her close to make Yun Mi more comfortable and warmer.

 

“That would be great then, our schedules here are killing me.” Yun Mi murmured before dosing off to sleep.

 

Carlos stayed there wide awake for a few minutes before drifting off to sleep, praying silently that Youngsaeng would not be the reason to lose his only chance with the girl in his arms.

 

---

 

Kyu jong stared at Youngsaeng’s sleeping figure, mind completely not in the room but somewhere else other than Jungmin’s house.

 

“You don’t need to stand guard while I sleep.” His older brother’s voice jolted him back.

 

“I don’t want to sleep yet, kwenchana.” Kyu jong assured him before standing up and sitting down on the bed’s footing.

 

“Are you still thinking about that director who wants to take you out of the entertainment industry?” Youngsaeng guessed, having a hard time reading the younger one’s blank expression.

 

“Neh a bit, do people really see me as just someone associated to you hyung?” Kyu jong honestly complained.

 

“Comparison will never end Kyu, it is up to you to cross that line.” Youngsaeng shifted a bit to let his head rest a bit higher. “If you are not happy in this industry you can leave, but remember this. Never think that we will push you to be who you don’t want to be. That is the secret why I am succeeding, why our cousins are in the top of their game in the other branches of our company...because we believe in ourselves.”

 

Kyu jong gave out a warm smile then, why was it that only his brother could take his fears away and replaced it with warm wonderful feelings. Something that he never felt all these years.

 

“Then would you also know how to woo a girl?” Kyu jong asked with playfulness.

 

“The question is, there is a girl?” Youngsaeng suspiciously asked.

 

“Hyung!” Kyu jong chuckled, “there is, but she is very hard to get. She thinks of me as a jerk kind of actor.” He pouted making the other one smirk.

 

“Why aren’t you?” Youngsaeng teased his dongsaeng, having a hard time believing that his little brother was growing up too fast before his eyes.

 

“Aigooo you’re bullying me again.” Kyu jong whined before crawling towards his hyung.

 

“What are you doing? Go sleep in your room.” Youngsaeng complained when the other started wiggling down unto the covers, making himself comfortable.

 

“I need more love hyung so give it to me.”

 

“And I need more space you know, scoot over.” Youngsaeng gave a sigh, thinking who was this girl that was giving his brother some problems. Better see for myself I guess.

 

---

 

Jungmin restlessly lay on his bed. First he almost had a heart attack from hearing that Youngsaeng was in the hospital. Something that made him speed up downtown to personally see how he was and took him home. Then there was the matter of an annoying agency who had set their mind to take down his precious dongsaeng, Kyu jong. Something that he would personally take care of.

 

As a bonus, Jun was apparently having problems in convincing Kim to be with him. It was so typical of the maknae to act like her answer was not important when it obviously were clear that it is important. The sudden sadness in the characters of his drafts was proof enough, and n one knows it yet expect him. The only consolation he had so far was that Hyun joong and Meggie seems to be okay again.

 

“These guys sure know how to stress their landlord. Jungmin said out loud but then gave out an attitude smirk. “But I am so loving the challenge.”