Chapter 27

At the First Place

 

Chapter 27

 

Ella could feel the awkwardness between the two persons with her as they were fixing the nursery room for Kim's baby. And being the mischievous girl that she is, she couldn't help but tease them.

 

"Jun, I'm going to start painting this area, why don't you two quit being too conscious of each other and go take a break?" She playfully suggested.

 

"I'll help." Kim immediately volunteered, trying her best to act normal.

 

"Anniyo. The smell of the paint can be harmful to the baby, neh Jun?" Ella raised an eyebrow at him with that 'you better agree' look.

 

"Uh..deh. Let's go Kim. It's time for you to rest anyway." Jun said and led the other outside the nursery room.

 

"Keke cute." Ella commented and continued in covering the floor with newspaper so she could start painting as intended.

 

"Kim, what do you want, bubble milk tea or fresh mango juice?" Jun tried to sound normal as he rummaged her refrigerator for some snacks and drinks.

 

He knew it was his fault that things were pretty awkward between them. He was not expecting an answer though since all he wants was for them to go back to normal. Something that he cherishes, the reason why he didn't want to tell Kim about his feelings at the first place. 

 

But of course his heart had a mind or more appropriately, a mouth of its own and acted jealous upon the appearance of her ex-boyfriend. Making him blurt out that sudden confession.

 

"Jjun kwenchana?" Jun was startled when he saw Kim peering down on him.

 

"Ah..deh..which one did you pick?" He embarrassingly smiled because she had caught him being in a daze in front of the refrigerator.

 

"Mango...Are you sure? Maybe you are tired, you just finished the series for this month right?" Kim asked worriedly.

 

"Deh. I'm sure...I was just doing some thinking." Jun poured her some juice and guided her back to the living room.

 

"If you say so." Kim replied, the awkwardness filling the air once again. "We really need to get this atmosphere away." She commented to herself, not knowing that the other heard her.

 

"Are you going to give your ex a chance? About him wanting to continue being the father." Jun decided to ask. He needed to know where he should stand during this crucial time of her pregnancy.

 

"I don't know...a part of me wants to but I'm too afraid to be rejected again." She honestly answered, knowing too well that at least he deserves that. "Mianhe. I haven't given you an answer yet...I'm confused..." Kim admitted.

 

"Silly girl." Jun ruffled her hair and pushed the plate of fruits near her. "I never commanded for you to answer me, you knowing my feeling is enough. And about him, whatever your decision is I'll try all I can to support you." He continued and took a sip of his own juice.

 

"Aigoo look at this puking sweetness." Jungmin disturbed their serious conversation. Feeling playful upon hearing them talk as he arrived from a prior meeting.

 

"Shut it Mal. Go help Ella and stop pestering us." Jun replied and threw a pillow at him which the latter laughingly dodged.

 

"You left that namja to do the work? Expect a disaster then." He commented before winking at Kim, "Your child is in luck since I'm here now. I guarantee the room to be perfect." 

 

"Aishh if Kim goes into pre-labor cause of the mess you two will make, I'll send you directly to your own funeral service." Jun threatened.

 

"Not if I bury you first." Jungmin smirked and dramatically went up the stairs. Sending Kim and Jun to laugh, the awkwardness fading away.

 

---

 

"Aigoo now my shirt is ruined." Ella mused as blotters of yellow stained the hem of her blouse. Giving a defeated sigh, she pulled it up and tied it in a knot exposing a little of her well trained stomach. "Much better." She commented and continued on painting but then furrowed her eyebrows when something seems to be disturbing her concentration.

 

"Even it out on the right...no a little farther down...yah that will look messy after."

 

"Yah! If you'll only bloody stare at me and give out orders why don't you help instead? Isn't that why Jun called you?" Ella burst and stood on the high ladder she was sitting on, looking down with a pissed off face at the source of her distraction.

 

"Chill. I was only commenting on how messy you are painting that wall." Jungmin snickered and removed his jacket so that he could start painting his own side of the wall.

 

"It's not messy." She argued.

 

"Neh it's not. You're stitching of that supposedly vest you made last week was the one considered messy." Jungmin again.

 

Ella fumed with frustration as she was being teased again turned too abruptly to face the source of her irritations. Only to find herself losing balance and falling off the high steel ladder.

 

"Yah! open your eyes. You're such a heavy namja with all those muscles you know!" Jungmin scolded when he noticed that she kept her eyes closed even after he had painfully taken effort to jump to her direction and catch her fall.

 

"Stop it with the namja will you. It's really irritating!" Ella wiggled her legs to signal him to let her down before she stubbornly went up the steel ladder again to continue.

 

Jungmin only chuckled then and watched her return to painting. Eyes following her every brisk and angry .

 

"Definetely a namja." He commented out loud before dodging the empty pail that flew his way.

 

---

 

Meggie felt irritated and amazed by how Hyun joong seems to know her schedule for the day. First she saw him standing near a post from where she delivered the flower that was ordered from their shop, then he was sitting across the table where she was having her own lunch. Now he was sitting on the same coffee shop at the mall with that smile that never left his smile.

 

“Until when are you planning to follow me?” Meggie said casually while stirring her cup of coffee, aware that the other could hear clearly from the table behind her.

 

“Does this mean you’re willing to talk to me now?” Hyun joong casually replied. Finding the irritation his lover was experiencing.

 

“Aren’t we talking now?”

 

“Depends, you’re talking to the air in front of you.”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“To talk.”

 

“Fine!” Meggie exclaimed, turning around to face him. “Let’s TALK.”

 

“Good answer.” Hyun joong smiled and placed a bill on her table before pulling Meggie off her chair and into a red car parked just outside.

 

“Where are we going?” She asked, curious to the sudden serious face of her lover, most especially to whom the luxurious car belongs to.

 

Hyun joong tried his best to contain his smile, having a hard time to stay serious. He wanted to be upset for Meggie not trusting him to be loyal, but he finds her jealous attitude amusing.

 

“Follow me.” He said and when she didn’t budge, he alighted from the car and pulled her into the white building by force.

 

“Why are we in a hospital?” Meggie asked once again without getting any response.

 

Hyun joong led her into one of the private rooms of the hospital where a male, 2 years older than him ay asleep. Meggi on the other hand felt her eyes grew wide in surprise and confusion when she saw the same girl that was hugging her lover a few days ago.

 

Hyun joong suppressed another smile as he reached for his lover’s hand and cleared his throat.  “Meggie this is Hyori, my sister-in-law, and that guy being lazy sleeping is m brother Jiyoung.” He gestured towards the two people in front of them.

 

“Dongaeng is that the proper way to introduce your hyung?” Hyori stood up and approached both of them after tucking in her husband’s hand that she was holding.

 

“That’s because hyung needs to recover for 3 months, and that means 3 months of torture for me.”

 

“Then let’s make a deal, increase our staff’s development or satisfaction, I guarantee the salary you’ll receive is more than enough to start the business you want since high school.” She countered, her husband telling how to convince his younger brother coming in handy at the moment.

 

“Wait...wait...I think you got me lost here.” Megge shrugged out of Hyun joong’s hold and stared at the two for a better explanation.

 

“Noona, care to explain since you got me in this mess at the first place?” Hyun joong raised a eyebrow as he gave his suggestion.

 

“Fine.” She said with a smile and faced the girl her dongsaeng was head over heels for. “Mianhe if I caused a misunderstanding.” Hyori continued but stopped to send a death glare to Hyun joong who came forward and shook his brother to wake up.

 

“As I was saying,” she continued after making sure that the younger boy was behaving. “My husband needed a suitable bone marrow donor, so I went to search for this brat over here. “ Hyori said pointing to Hyun joong.

 

“I was feeling low at that moment so he was hugging me to calm me down, guess you saw us? Anyways, a day after that I found out I was pregnant so I can’t possibly run the company their parents left for them. So it is only natural for Hyun joong to take over for a little while. Hyori explained.

 

“Oh.” Was all MEggie managed to say as her cheeks turned red from embarrassment of being jealous for nothing.

 

 

 

 

A/N: mianhe for the long wait...just got done with catching up on work that i missed after being released from the hospital...

 

anyways, Happy SS501Day!!