Chapter 2

My Darling, Fly High

“Are you sure you’re okay, miss?” The middle-aged man stared warily into Minhee’s doorway.

Minhee’s hands shook as she forced a smile, “Y-Yea, I’ll be fin—am fine. I’m fine.” She fidgeted as she tried her best to cover the entire doorway so as to hide the man behind her.

“if there’s anything I can do to help,” the man leaned in and whispered, “You know, domestic violence isn’t to be taken lightly. It’s never too late to ask for help, and—“

“I’m really fine, ajusshi,” Minhee cut him off, horrified that he thought she was being abused, “Thank you, though, for your concern.”

“It’s no problem. Neighbors should care for each other’s safety and wellbeing.” And with one last prying look to see past Minhee, he finally retreated to his own suite a few feet away.

 

Minhee let out a sigh of relief as she relaxed her limbs which had been tensed the whole time. Her next door neighbor, Park ajusshi, had heard the scream and spent half an hour making sure that Minhee was really okay. And that was awfully sweet and caring of him….if not for the fact that he was a reporter. Oh, and he loved to gossip and spread juicy rumors to just about every human he comes in contact with.

When Minhee and Jongin had broken up, she had suddenly received floods of sympathy letters and random strangers knocking on her door telling her it was all going to be okay. It turns out that Park ajusshi had created an elaborate sob story in which Jongin had ditched her to pursue other endeavors and left her weeping in the pouring rain.

False.

 

Well. Half-false.

 

Ugh. Regardless, Park ajusshi didn’t need to spread it around.

 

“Have I aroused unwanted attention?” A deep voice piped up from behind. Minhee jumped as she remembered she wasn’t alone. She closed the door hurriedly and peered at him, keeping her distance.

“Who was he?” He asked, taking one step toward her.

“Don’t move!” She picked up a nearby broom and swiped it fiercely in the air, before fumbling clumsily and dropping it onto the floor.

The man stared down at the broom blankly as Minhee scowled and flushed from embarrassment.

“Do not worry, human, I mean no harm.”

She frowned. His way of talking was so weird.

“Ah,” as if he himself had realized his abnormal dialogue, he straightened up and did an awkward one-handed wave that looked more like he was painting an imaginary rainbow than a greeting, “I mean hi.” His face remained stiff.

Minhee scoffed as she muttered under her breath, “Hi my .”

She took a moment and studied him. He had messy light golden hair with a tinge of ashen brown framing his lean face. His eyes held a mysterious yet alluring stare. It was hard to look away. His high nose bridge and sharp jawline enhanced his features. And he was tall. Real tall.

She crossed her arms and nodded. Typical A-class kingka cold-style handsome guy. Probably an . Just like…

“Who are you,” Minhee demanded as she broke herself out of her thoughts.

“My name is Wu Fan.”

The two stared at each other, as if unsure how to continue. The situation was just too absurd.

Minhee decided to be straightforward.

“How did you get in here, what do you want, and why were you in my bathroom…,” Minhee flushed again as she remembered her initial horror as she ran into her bedroom , fumbled through her closet  for clothes that Jongin had left behind, and threw them at him.

Now that he was wearing a plain T-shirt and jeans, he looked somewhat normal. Definitely not the type to break into a woman’s apartment stark . The world these days…

“It’s…complicated,” he answered.

“Try me,” Minhee rolled her eyes.

He paused.

“I’m actually a dragon.”

Minhee looked up at him, “You’re a what?” She must’ve not heard right.

Wu Fan’s eyes pierced into Minhee’s, as if daring her to doubt him.

“I apologize. I must’ve startled you in the bathroom. Dragon entrances into the human threshold are usually….unusual.”

Dumbfounded, Minhee simply stared at him. Was this guy for real?

Before she knew it, she found herself sat down on the sofa next to this strange man. For some odd reason, she was drawn to his voice. It had a sort of melody to it, deep and resounding.

And for the next half hour, she listened to Wu Fan talk of how dragons existed and lived in an invisible aura-like threshold alongside the human race and how they studied humans secretly in order to try their chance once they reach the age of 100 to transition into the human species. Minhee’s eyes widened as he told of how he needs to find love within 100 days for his dragon ki to merge with the girl’s human ki. “Key?” Minhee had pointed to the cluster of keys on the kitchen counter. Wu Fan shook his head. No, ki was the energy that both existed in humans and dragons. He talked of how dragons were a loyal, but secretive race. Anything that he did to jeopardize his cover being blown would be detrimental to his mission. Once exposed to direct moonlight, any dragons in human-form will transform into their full-blown dragon form. This will make it extremely difficult.

Once he was finished, Minhee paused for a long time.

“So—you mean to say that—so like you’re really a dragon?”

Wu Fan nodded.

“And you were granted permission by the dragon council to cross into the human threshold?”

He nodded once more.

“And you have only 100 days to make someone fall in love with you…so you can become human?”

“Yes, you are correct. It seems as if you are taking this very well.”

Minhee closed her eyes and nodded her head dramatically as if this was all sinking in.

 

And then she burst out into loud laughter.

 “HAHAHHAHAHAHA, YOU’RE A DRAGON EH? AaaHAHAHAHHAHA, so you can fly???” Minhee made small flapping movements with her arms as if they were wings, “CAN YOU SPIT FIRE TOO THEN?”

She clutched her stomach as she doubled over, cackling as she was overwhelmed with hilarity.

Wu Fan looked on quietly, face solemn as ever.

It took a good 5 minutes before she finally calmed down.

 

“Listen, I know you’re either making up your own fairy tale or you’re simply not right in the head, but I won’t judge you, since I’m such a nice person,” Minhee smiled at him pitifully, “I’m sure you have your reasons,” she patted his shoulder understandingly, “however, you can’t simply break into someone’s house like this and—“

Suddenly Wu Fan grabbed her wrist and leaned in close, pushing her back against the sofa. His warm lips barely grazed the cool tender skin of her neck. She froze.

“It is you.”

“Mmm?” Minhee let out a nervous squeak. Had she angered him?  What if he was a ? A serial killer? A crazy stalker? What if--

“You’re my host,” Wu Fan interrupted her thoughts, “Every dragon has a host to help him accommodate into the human threshold. Each host is marked by the dragon’s own distinct smell,” Wu Fan leaned in closer, ‘You smell of me.”

Minhee rolled her eyes. This dragon crap again. This guy was clearly crazy.

No longer scared, she pushed him off of her, “Listen! You need to get the hell out of h—“

“Is that the balcony?” Wu Fan gestured to the large, clear sliding doors by the kitchen table.

“Eo? Yes, but—“

“This is a high floor, right?”

“Well this is the highest floor of this building, but as I was saying—“

Before Minhee could finish what she was going to say, Wu Fan had already slid open the balcony doors and stepped outside.

“What are you—“ a confused Minhee followed him out onto the balcony. To her astonishment, he was nowhere to be seen.

“What…but he was just here…how did he…” Minhee stopped as she heard soft wind noises above her.

Hesitant, she looked up slowly. And what do you know, right before her eyes was a real-live dragon.

“T-That….that’s not…that’s not possi—“ she stuttered.

 

Then everything went black.

 

______________________________________________

 

Sorry this chap took so long :\  While I was waiting for the poster to be made, I honestly sort of forgot about this story :S *GUILTY*

The poster will take a lil longer (totally fine), but I guess I'll maybe just keep on uploading more chaps as I go with or without poster :)

Lol just to comment on my own story, I love how Kris is just like bish doesn't believe me? I'll just make her faint instead.

Bishface will be bishface.

 

Comments will be velly velly appreciated :D