Unusual Meeting

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've decided not to make that big leap yet... Also, I decided not to introduce TOP after 2 or 3 chaps... Instead, I'll introduce him NOW!! :))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Mrs. Kwon POV)

As they have promised Sister Cherry, Mrs.Kwon spends all her time at home taking care of Dara. They do various activities a mother and daughter does while Mr. Kwon, spend the weekend joining them. They were a picture of a happy family.

"Alright. Are we all set?" shouted Mr. Kwon

"Yes. Yes. Yes!!!" The 3 year-old Dara jumped into his father's arms, excited for their weekend together at the beach.

"Come on, honey" Mrs. Kwon said taking Dara from her father's arms. "Appa will be driving so you can't cling on to him like that." she laughed as Dara replied to her a pout...

(weeks later)

"Is this for real? You know, if this is a joke, you better stop now before I get my hopes up" A shocked Mr. Kwon told his wife.

"It's true. I can't believe it too." Tears have welled up in Mrs. Kwon's eyes.

The couple hugged each other and Mrs. Kwon can't hold it any longer as she cried from so much happiness.

"We're  having a baby!"

*END FLASHBACK*

I can’t forget the happiness we felt the moment we knew I was bearing our child. We’ve waited for that moment to finally have our own child. We thought we would never have another, other than Dara. We were so happy when we knew it was going to be a boy. Now we have a daughter and a son. We’ll be the family I’ve always dreamed of.

Now, Dara’s gone. She chose to live a life away from us and I can’t do anything about it. As I think about it, I haven’t really been the greatest mother my husband used to describe me. I’ve worried that with Jiyong being in the family; Dara would feel left out and unloved. What I didn’t know is that while I shower Dara with all the attention I think she needs, I have been neglecting my son.

I can’t regret it now. What’s done is done and I have to move on. Dara chose to live on her own and I respect that. I know that’s how much she cares for this family. She gives us the chance to make it up to Jiyong. This time, I won’t waste this chance.

 

 (Dara POV)

I sat at the back seat of the cab.

“Drop me off a hotel, please.” I told the cab driver.

I placed my hand on my chest and felt it beat faster than ever. I was feeling very nervous thinking about what just happened. I took deep breaths that I think I kind of made the cab driver worry.

“What’s the matter? Do you want me to drop you off to a hospital instead?” he asked, rather concerned.

I was appalled by his concern but I replied “No. I am fine, thank you. I don’t need to go to the hospital. Just drop me off a hotel tonight.” I smiled.

“You seemed nervous and now, you’re looking pale. Are you sure?” He tried insisting.

“Oh.” I looked at myself in the mirror and indeed, I was pale-white and my lips have dried.

I looked at the cab driver this time. I wondered who this man was. I find talking to him very comforting. Street lights reflect on the windows of the car and I had a glimpse of him. I couldn’t really see him since he’s facing back at me. I could only see the sides of his face. His skin looks so soft and smooth and his body is well built. I think he’s good looking and right about now, I think he’s smiling. Why would such a person drive a cab for a living?  I think he could pass to be a model. I disregarded this thought and just looked out the window.

“We’re here. Is this okay – this place?” the driver finally said.

We have arrived at a rather expensive-looking hotel. “Oh, we’re here? Okay. This is good, thank you” I opened my pouch and searched for my wallet. I was about to hand him some bills when he placed his arms around the passenger seat and looked at me at the backseat.

“That’s okay. I don’t really need that, you know” He grinned, almost suppressing a laugh.

OMO! This cab driver is really cute. “What? Why? No, here, take it” I handed him the bills I have on my hand. He just ignored it. He got down from the car and walked to my door and opened it for me. He dresses too well for a cab driver…

“Consider this a free ride” he smiled.  … and good looking too!

I stepped down the cab confused. I would insist handing him the money when I noticed his car. OMG I wasn’t in a cab after all. I felt my cheeks blush from so much embarrassment. He must’ve noticed for I heard a soft chuckle from him.

“Don’t worry, I don’t min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter