My Angel

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Narrator POV)

Since being hospitalized, Jiyong acted differently. He began to work harder, and still gets enough sleep and rest. He also eats well now. He’s slowly gaining back his strength. He wanted to be strong and healthy to have the energy to look for Dara. It has clearly been his inspiration.

His meeting with his business partner is within the next month. He carefully analyzes every detail of the project and as much as possible, he would like to avoid having mistakes. He wanted his work to be done before he starts his search. Once I finish this, I will have a lighter work load and I’ll have plenty of time to look for her…

His office is now in chaos as he busies himself with all the paper works. Folders and envelopes are uncategorized and are not compiled and arranged. Papers are scattered everywhere on the floor and the phone is left unanswered all the time. I really need to hire a secretary to take care of these things. Jiyong thought as he scanned his entire office. He sighed and closed his eyes for a bit of rest.

Just like an answered prayer, Jiyong’s phone rang.

“Hello?” he answered

“Eh? Hello? Is this Mr. Kwon Jiyong’s number? May I speak with him please?”

“This is him. Who is this?”

“Oh, hi! It’s me, Bom. Do you remember?”

Bom? Oh… the girl from the hospital. “Yes, I do remember. What can I do for you? Do you need anything?”

“Well, are you free for lunch? Come meet me at the restaurant just a few blocks away from the hospital where we met”

“Uhh.. Well, now’s not really a good time Bom. Mianhe”

“What?” he said with a sad tone. “But it’s just for a few hours. What were you doing? Can’t that wait?” she asked.

She’s being so persistent. There’s no use to argue with her “Alright, I’ll be there in a couple of minutes” he said and hung up.

Jiyong arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later. He scanned the place and looked for Bom. He saw her waving at him. He went over to her table and sat across her.

“Hi. It’s nice to see you looking strong and healthy” she greeted.

He just smiled in response “So, what is it? Why’d you ask me to be here?”

“Well, I just need someone to accompany me while having lunch”

A bit annoyed, he told her “I’m sorry but if you have nothing to ask of me, I’m leaving. It really is not a good time. Maybe we could do this some other day eh? ”

“But… this is what I’m asking of you. Join-Me-For-Lunch.” She grinned. “What is it anyway? What’s so important that you have to leave?”

“Work…”

“Aaah! I believe the doctor asked you to take a break from all that right?”

“Well… I… I know that. But I really need to finish this one thing soon and only when I do can I  allow myself to have a break.”

She stood up. “Ok, then. C’mon, let’s head back to your office.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter