The Monster Within (Part 2)

The Monster Within

"Oh my God, Daesung, have you always been this y?” Jiyong slurred, rubbing his hand against Daesung’s cheek, who looked utterly freaked out. The other four of you, however, were completely enjoying this. “I think it’s your hair. Has it always been this blonde? It looks so good on you, baby,” he whispered, moving his hand to poke Daesung in this stomach.

Jiyong had just gotten out of surgery for his leg, and he was completely wasted on painkillers. It was actually one of the most hilarious things you’ve seen in a while. “Daesungie, you’re so cuuute~” he whined, holding Daesung’s hand. “I love you so much. Do you love me?”

“I didn’t know we were in a relationship,” Daesung admitted, looking as creeped out as possible. Deciding to save him, Youngbae butted in just as Jiyong was wanting to hold hands with Daesung.

“Oh, you want to hold my hand? You’re so sweet, dongsaengie,” Jiyong cooed, cuddling Youngbae’s hand and rubbing it against his face. Seungri and you were just about in tears, and even Seunghyun was grinning at the sight of them all.

“Um, I guess I could,” Youngbae replied, holding his hand absentmindedly as Jiyong turned to you. He stared at you, to Seunghyun, and back to you.

“You know what? You two would be, like, the cutest thing ever together. You and Seunghyun should date! And get married! And have little stuck-up babies!” Jiyong giggled, pointing at the two of you with two fingers.

“Yah!” Seunghyun shouted. “I’m not stuck up!”

You didn’t respond. You and Seunghyun? Together? But you hated each other, there was no way it was possible. You had to remind yourself that Jiyong was high out of his mind before joining back into the conversation. “I don’t think that’s such a good idea.”

“But you guys were flirting when I got shot,” Jiyong whined, kicking off the covers, revealing a think red cast around his leg. “I’m hot. And I have to take a piss. Hey, who decided my cast would be red?! I wanted pink!”

“You picked it out, Jiyong. It’s your favorite color,” Seungri reminded him.

“It is?”

“Yes.”

“You’re lying! Pink is my favorite color!” Jiyong whined. Seungri gave up and hid his face behind his hands, making you laugh and peel his hand off. You couldn’t help but smile at him. He was so cute. For you to date would be like a brother and sister dating, so you just kept it at ridiculously good friends.

“Anyway, Jiyong, we should get going now. Hopefully you’ll sleep off your stupidity,” Seunghyun remarked, a smirk on his face as you and everyone else followed him out of the door. You were making your way out of the emergency room when Seunghyun stopped, waiting for you to catch up before walking beside you.

You looked up. “Can I help you…?”

“Not really. What, it’s a crime to walk by someone now?” he asked, almost in a threatening tone. You quickly shook your head and continued to walk in silence as you stared at your shoes the entire time.

“Me and you together. Pabo,” you muttered.

“What is he even thinking?” Seunghyun mumbled, looking forward. The cold breeze looked to be hitting his face hard, as his eyes were squinted and his nose was turning red. It didn’t faze him. “That’s such a stupid idea. We’d kill each other in seconds.”

“That’s true.” You shrugged your shoulders up. Daesung drove, Youngbae up front with him, you and Seungri in the middle row, and Seunghyun with the back to himself. You saw a glow back there, and you knew Seunghyun was on his phone. But it startled you when you felt your phone buzz in your pocket with a text.

You opened your phone and stared, unsure if you were reading this right.

From:  Seunghyun

Are you and Seungri dating?

Confused, you turned around to stare at Seunghyun with a dumbfounded face. Luckily, Seungri was falling asleep, so he didn’t notice. Seunghyun shrugged innocently with bigger eyes than usual. Sighing, you turned back around and replied to his text.

To: Seunghyun

No, we’re not. Happy now?

You waited a few seconds, and as soon as you wrote a response, you got one back.

From: Seunghyun

Just curious. You know, I’ve been thinking about what Jiyong said about us looking cute together. It makes me laugh. Every time. You and being a girlfriend are like Jiyong being a penguin. Although he gladly would be one.

You didn’t really know how to respond, but it was annoying you that Seunghyun was nosing around with what you and Seungri were doing in the first place. You got to the screen to reply him back.

To: Seunghyun

Haha. Very funny. Quit nosing around in my business.

You watched Seungri’s body rock with the bumps on the road, his mouth slightly parted. He wasn’t snoring today (he always did when he was mouth breathing) so this was odd. Was he actually asleep? Of course he was. Why wouldn’t he be?

Your phone buzzed again.

From: Seunghyun

I’m just trying to get a clue about you. I don’t want to hate you anymore, but the attitude you’re giving me is not helping in the slightest.

You scoffed, making sure Seunghyun heard it.

To: Seunghyun

Oh, so you don’t want to hate me anymore? Since when?

This one took the longest for him to reply.

From: Seunghyun

Since last night. When I really got a look at you that wasn’t full of hatred.

You read that message over and over again. Last night? What happened last ni—the shooting where Jiyong got hurt. When you had killed that man… is when Seunghyun realized he didn’t want to hate you anymore? You were confused.

To: Seunghyun

Keep your flirts to yourself, cocky .

You shoved your phone in your pocket right as Daesung stopped at your apartment. You kissed the unconscious Seungri on the forehead, just to confuse and piss off Seunghyun, before saying bye and stepping out to go home.

* * * * *

It only took a week for Jiyong to return back to work. He was still on two crutches, and often he paged one of you to get him things or people without pagers, but he was back and on watch.

Today, you were just alone. This one was an easy one. A murderer with no army whatsoever. You stood on top of the roof he was scheduled to be in just a few minutes, loading your pistol and shoving the magazine back in before cocking it. Let’s just get this over with.

The place was deserted, so no one would see you. Still, you had worn a masquerade mask to cover your face completely, just in case of any cameras, despite you being the good guy.

Sure enough, your victim arrived, and you waited until the perfect spot, aiming for a shot right in the side of his head. You always shot your victims in the head. You never missed. And you didn’t this time. He went down easily, the shot in his head gross looking, but never anything you haven’t seen before.

You quickly left the scene, leaving someone to get traumatized with the body’s remains, and headed back to your main workplace. Almost as soon as you arrived, you got a page from Jiyong in his office. You really hoped he didn’t need something.

When you arrived, you were surprised to find Seunghyun standing there as well, looking very tired, like he hadn’t slept at all last night. You disregarded that, though, and turned to Jiyong.

His crutches rested against the wall behind him, and he stared at you as you took a seat in the open one. “It seems that there’s a mission that we haven’t seen before. And it’s going to take all of you. There are six of them. Their base is an abandoned prison, and they wired the thing to where if you stepped in without permission, you were set on fire.”

“Sounds like fun,” Seunghyun commented.

“They have one of the biggest killing streaks in history. They’re feared by everyone in the area. But the thing is, not even the police know of them. They’re so professional. No footprints, no handprints on their victims, not even a single clue they killed an innocent stranger. It’s quite impressive, actually,” Jiyong mused. “Do you think you guys could take them down?”

“I think we could. It’d make it even if you weren’t injured. Someone will have to kill two.”

“Let it be me,” Seunghyun piped up immediately. “Let me be the one to kill two people. I can do it. Hell, give me the two toughest ones.”

“I don’t think you’ll want that.”

“It’s just shooting someone with a gun and killing them! Why don’t you trust me to do this?!” Seunghyun suddenly shouted, startling both you and Jiyong.

It was silent for a few seconds, until Jiyong spoke, staring straight at Seunghyun. “I never said you couldn’t. It’s just that… these are pretty good size men. And they can fight back. They’re bigger than you and Youngbae combined,” Jiyong explained.

“Why wouldn’t we do this? It’s kind of our job,” you butted in, crossing your arms over your chest.

“I just wanted to make sure you guys know what you’re up against,” Jiyong sighed. “I really can’t afford any more people getting injured. My bosses already are thinking of firing you. Please don’t let me down,” he pleaded, his hands together as if he was praying.

“Why didn’t you tell the others?” Seunghyun asked.

“They don’t need to know from me. You tell them. They’re stationed about two hours from here. You can tell them on the ride there. Make sure one of you drives,” he warned. “Who knows what their reactions could be.”

“We’ll get them all killed, Jiyong. Don’t worry.”

“Good. You set off tomorrow morning. Catch them off guard by going in broad daylight. I’ve made sure they will be there,” Jiyong said, gesturing to the six computer monitors on the side of his walls, security cameras all around the prison.

Jiyong’s job intended him to be a stalker.

“Okay, good. We’ll see you later, Jiyong,” you said, waving goodbye.

You walked out in silence, Seunghyun right by you. You looked down, not wanting to meet his eyes after your conversation over text in the van last night. It was him to talk first. “Are you scared? I imagine you would be after your leg,” he sighed.

“Not really. I mean, it’s a little bit of déjà vu, since the one I got shot in was pretty dangerous, but I think I’ll be fine,” you assured him. “It’s you I’m worried about, you being clean of wounds,” you laughed.

“You’re worried about me?” he teased. “Wow.”

“Don’t get used to it,” you reminded him in a playful tone, slapping the side of his head with your palm. He growled, but quickly calmed down and chuckled instead.

You checked the time. It was seven, and time for you to go home. You waved everyone goodbye when you got in the room, even waving a little to Seunghyun, before heading out the door and to your car.

Tomorrow was going to be interesting.

* * * * *

Note: So I lied. Not done yet. :3