The Monster Within (Final Part)

The Monster Within

“So… um… how exactly do we actually get in?”

Seungri had a point. If you walked straight in to the dusty field-area before the prison, the y trapped explosions would go off and you’d be dead in seconds. You couldn’t get over the pointy barbwire fence unless you wanted your hands to be in excruciating pain, and, even if you did, the stone wall behind it would block you. It would be easy once you got in, but… you had to get in first.

All of you were sitting in the van, parked on the side of the fence and out of the prison window’s view. The guys didn’t have much reaction in getting told of this mission, but this was definitely a different case from all the others. Seunghyun sighed. “We’re just going to have to sacrifice our hands and climb over. There’s no other way. We can’t survive the explosions.”

Youngbae jumped in. “Is there any kind of protection that will help even a little? Like gloves?”

Daesung nodded. “There’s a bunch of pairs in this,” he replied, pointing to the glove compartment. He took the keys to the van and pulled one away from the others, shoving it into the lock with a click and pulling out five pairs of heavy-duty gloves.

“This still won’t help much,” you mumbled, slipping them onto your hands.

“It’s better than just going up with them bare,” Seunghyun reminded you. “Okay, once we climb up, we’ll walk along the top of the stone wall. There could be a window to bust or some other way to get inside. They have to get in and out.”

“And even then, they have to turn the explosions on when they leave to go murder people. They have to do it outside… one of you go out and see if there is any way to turn the explosions on and off,” Daesung ordered, looking around the room.

“I’ll go,” Youngbae sighed, standing up from his seat and stepping out of the van. It was freezing, so you were kind of thankful for the gloves. If they were numb from cold and getting painfully poked at the same time… that would be a disaster.

Youngbae wandered around the sides of the building, looking for a power source, anything, but came back with nothing. “I don’t know how they get out and turn it on,” he sighed. “Maybe they have something that lets them have thirty seconds to get out. My security system at home does that.”

“It’s the only reasonable explanation. Let’s move.”

Once all of you were next to the wired fence, Seunghyun spoke. “One of you needs to stay down here and keep a look out, just in case any of these guys come back from somewhere and have a gun,” he explained. “Jiyong hasn’t given us an update in an hour, and all he said was most of them would be here.”

“I’ll stay down here,” Seungri piped up. Youngbae went first on the fence, and when his features contorted in pain, you were dreading going up there. Seungri suddenly pulled you into a tight hug. “Be safe, okay? I can’t stand you getting hurt again.”

“I’ll be fine, Seungri.” You went next. Everyone watched you carefully as you set your hand on the wire, not hissing in pain until you put your weight on your hands. It stung, despite the gloves, and you could feel some of the points digging into your shoes. You joined Youngbae along the wall, Seungri giving you a sympathetic look and a little “Fighting!” fist. You gave one back just as Seunghyun groaned once he reached the top.

“Walk carefully,” he warned in his low voice. Youngbae, up front, nodded, starting to walk across the narrow wall. Daesung took a little longer, and it caught you off guard when you suddenly heard a yelp and a boom go off.

“Dammit, Daesung!” you heard Seunghyun shout before the field erupted in little explosions. Luckily, only one was close to you, but all of you lost your balance and fell off, hitting the ground below with a sickening thud. You later learned that Daesung had slipped and set off the system when he hit the ground.

He managed to get himself out, as there was barbed wire on the inside so past prisoners couldn’t get out, and he was the most torn up one of all of you, with a blackened face and a gash on his forehead. He decided to sit out with Seungri to be lookout.

There were only three of you now.

Everyone had to get two.

“What the just happened?!” you heard a new, deep voice say, and you cursed audibly. They had heard the explosions inside, obviously. “Turn off the security system, ,” you heard him growl, and then a click of a switch.

“Someone was trying to get in…” the first one snarled. “I don’t see any blood or body parts. That makes no sense.”

“You sure a rock didn’t fall off the wall or something?” the second one asked almost innocently, like he didn’t know as much as the first man.

“No. These walls were clean of rocks hours ago. Someone was trying to scale the walls. The question is… who?” He paused. “Get the others. They need to help scope these guys out.” There was no response, so you presumed the other had left.

Seunghyun was still panting from the explosion. “I say we climb back up and shoot at the first guy. We get him out of the way, and he’s right here in the open. Three against one,” he explained, staring at you and Youngbae. “Okay?”

“We all have to go at once,” Youngbae whispered.

“I know. Nobody go up before. We’ll all go up at once and catch him off guard. You two load your guns. I loaded mine in the van.” Obeying, you and Youngbae scrambled to get bullets out and shove them in your guns, putting them in your holster and going up the wall.

“One… two… three… up!” Seunghyun shouted, and soon you were all standing on top of the stone wall, shooting at the startled murderer. He managed to dodge a few before pulling out his own gun and shooting back.

But when Youngbae managed to get him in the forehead, he went down and showed no signs of life whatsoever, a pool of blood emerging from under his head. Good. One down and five to go. The three of you jumped down into the field, since the explosions were off, and kept your guns by your heads, just in case of quick use.

“WHAT THE HELL?!”

You flinched. They had found him.

All of you split up; Youngbae went to the front of the building, right next to the entrance, to catch them off guard, you and Seunghyun in the corners across from the building, crouching behind a pile of ridiculously big stones.

“What happened to him? What did you do?!” one screamed at a timid looking one, the one you presumed to be with the dead one earlier. Three others came out and surrounded the dead one instantly. You had to hold back you laugh.

It’s almost comical that no one noticed Youngbae.

You and Seunghyun nodded to each other, before both of you nodding at Youngbae in unison. He nodded back one last time before firing the first shot in the back of the timid one’s neck, killing him instantly, dust flying as he sunk to the floor.

Immediately, it was war. You and Seunghyun emerged, firing and re-loading yours guns as quickly as possible. You were too quick for the murderers. It was done in less than a minute.

All around, there lay bloody bodies, their guns lying a few feet away or fairly close to them. You only had a long, gushing gash on your arm through your ripped black shirt, while Youngbae and Seunghyun looked like they got mobbed by a bear on the face. Of course, they had rolled around and had a nasty meet with the stones while dodging bullets, where as you only fell once and mostly hid.

But, you realized with horror, there were only five dead bodies.

Someone was still alive.

And you were all out of bullets.

Your nightmare came true as one emerged from the prison, a remote in his hand and an evil grin on his face. The remote only had one button on it, and it was big and red. You automatically knew what that was for. “You’re all es. Coming here and trying to kill all of my team, with explosives around? You’re cute. You managed to kill everyone but me. And I just happen to have the key to your death.”

He waved the remote in the air.

“You’re going to die when I press this button, you realize that, right? You’ll be surrounded by these explosives. This isn’t like what you said off earlier. It’s much worse,” he snarled. Seunghyun, who was wiping the continuing blood flow from a gash in his cheek, glared at him.

“If you hit that button, you’ll die too.”

“You think I care? Everyone else is dead but me. Why else should I live with them not around, huh? I won’t care in the slightest. In fact, I’m standing on the biggest one. But let’s see you get out alive,” he laughed, holding the remote up in the air, his thumb slowly going to the button before he pressed it.

It all happened so fast. One moment, you saw the man’s body disappear in flames, and the next, all around you, things were exploding, and fire was erupting. Immediately, you, Youngbae, and Seunghyun fled, running out as quickly as possible. The booms had been so loud, your ears were ringing and you couldn’t hear anything but it.

So Seunghyun just looking silly screaming at you when you finally escaped last.

You weren’t sure what he was going on about, as you couldn’t hear anything, but when you felt something heat up on your back, you were immediately hit with the fact that your back was on fire. Someone began hitting it, but the force was so strong from the hit that you collapsed on the ground, everything too sickening to stand anymore.

You only saw dirt before your vision went black.

* * * * *

The next time you woke up, the room you were in was perfect temperature. No bitter cold wind, no fire to be irritated by the cold. You only registered you were in a comfy bed before opening your eyes and noticing that you weren’t in a hospital, like you thought you would be.

No.

You were at not yours, but someone else’s house.

Immediately, you sat up straight, wondering whose it would be. This isn’t Seungri’s room, and you had visited both Daesung and Youngbae’s house, neither looking like this. That left only one person, and you groaned when you realized how it was.

Seunghyun had obviously taken you home. But what had happened? You remembered the explosions, and going deaf, and your back being on fire, but nothing else. You cautiously raised both your hands to either of your ears, making noise against them.

You could hear again.

You knew explosions caused temporary or permanent deafness, and you were just glad your ears chose the first one. You felt along your face, and, besides the gash on your arm, now covered in gauze, you only had a couple others cuts.

You sighed heavily and flopped back down. Seunghyun’s bed was really comfy, and he seemed to notice when you heard a familiar deep voice from the doorway. “I see you like my bed. That’s good to know, considering you spent two days completely knocked out in it.”

“I did?” You scratched your head as he went pulled up his desk chair to sit by the bed.

“Oh, yeah. After you passed out a couple days ago, we all went home in the van. Most of us just had wounds we could clean in our bathrooms at home. You were the most torn up of us all. I let you sleep on me in the back, you kept mumbling my name while clutching onto me. It was actually really cute,” he explained, grinning.

You blushed. “Shut up.”

“I treated you her. Jiyong’s really proud of you. He’s proud of all of us. But especially you, since you took the biggest beating. Why did you just stare at me like an idiot when I told you your back was on fire?” he sighed, eyeing the vulnerable hand at your side.

“Is it okay if I…?” You nodded, and he shyly put his hand in yours, entwining his fingers before you spoke again.

“I went deaf. The boom made my ears start ringing and then I heard nothing before I collapsed. It was all really weird,” you recalled.

“At least you’re okay. Everyone was freaking out about you, even worse than when you got shot. I guess we just didn’t want to lose you again right after we got you back,” Seunghyun sighed, running the hand that wasn’t in yours through his dark brown hair.

“Aw, you worried about me?” you asked, mocking when he asked you.

“Don’t get used to it,” he mocked right back. “I’d hit you on the side of the head, like you did me, but there’s a cut there, so I’ll just leave it at that,” he said, earning a laugh from you.

“Um… I’m really sorry for all those months spent hating you,” you mumbled, staring into Seunghyun’s mesmerizing eyes.

“Me too. You’re actually not that bad when I get to know you.”

“I can say the same for you.”

You spent a few seconds just staring at each other; Seunghyun was still very much cut up all over his face. About the only place without some type of battle wound was his lips, and what you would do to kiss them right now.

You couldn’t stand it.

So you were surprised when Seunghyun leaned in first.

Obeying, you leaned in as well, until your lips connected for the first time, his lips soft and the kiss gentle, not at all like his appearance. You didn’t pull away until you had to breathe, and even that took minutes.

“Do you love me?” you asked, almost in a teasing way.

“I always have.”

* * * * *

Note: It's over! I apologize if there's any "I", "me", or "we" in this. I still slip up with second person.