Reasoning

Cruel

No one's POV

The first thing Kibum did when he opened his eyes was to close them back again. The light coming from where he assumed to be the window was blinding. He sat up on the bed while trying to adjust to the light. He stretch his arms in the air and in the process, the sweater he was wearing slipped down his shoulders. He pulled the sweater back to its position, only to realise something.

"W-What happened to m-my brusies?" he muttered under his breath.

He rolled up his sleeves but saw only white and pale skin. No bruises, no blue-black. He removed the blanket and saw his long and slim legs. Nothing like what we called bruises on them. It was weird. After being bullied constantly almost everywhere, it has been awhile since he didn't have bruises or scratch marks on his skin. Pushing all the thoughts aside, Kibum stood up slowly. 'Ah... The pain is gone...' He thought with a sad smile on his face. With small and timid steps, Kibum made his way to the doors of the room he was in. He pushed open the doors only to see a complete empty hallway. No one was there. With just pure instinct, Kibum wandered around and found a flight of stairs. He walked down slowly. He saw a group of people sitting around a huge dinning table. He stood awkwardly at the foot of the stairs, looking at the group of the people who were unaware of his presence. When someone turned around, he froze at the spot.

"Key!"

Jonghyun's POV 

Everyone sat at their respective seats around the table. Onew and I were giving out duties to everyone to ensure Kibum's safety. Some of them were told to guard the stairs and Kibum's room, some were told to patrol the whole mansion with their partners. When Onew was wrapping up this meeting we were having, one of our members, Dongwoon, suddenly shouted.

"Key!"

Everyone snapped their heads up. We turned our attention to the stairs. Kibum was standing there and wearing nothing with nothing but his sweater. 'Did he not see the pair of pants I placed on the table?' I thought. Everyone, except some of us who found Kibum at the alley, stood up with a shock expression on their face. Dongwoon, who was walking nearer to Kibum, was stopped by Taemin. "Everyone, sit down! Taemin, lend him your cloak," Onew said. Everyone complied with curious expressions. Taemin took off his cloak and walked to Kibum, tying it around his waist. He led Kibum to Onew who was still standing. I glared at the table. "Everyone, this person here isn't...Key. He is Kibum, the person Jonghyun and I are requesting you to take care of. If there any more questions, please find me or Jonghyun at our rooms some other time. Now, if you excuse us..." Onew said and signaled me, Minho and Taemin to follow him. We walked towards Onew's room with Kibum standing beside Onew.

We walked in the spacious room. Kibum stood in the middle of the room, looking around. "Nice to meet you Kibum, my name is Onew." Onew said and signaled for him to sit on the bed, beside Taemin who smiled brightly. "I'm Taemin!" Taemin greeted. "And this is Minho and that person standing near the door with a frown is our puppysaurus hyung, Kim Jonghyun!" Taemin continued. I snapped my head up and shouted, "Yah! I DO NOT look like a puppy an dinosaurus, so can you stop calling me that?!" Taemin laughed at my reaction. Mino and Onew just chuckled at our behaviour. Kibum then giggled softly. "So... do you remember who we are?" Minho suddenly asked. Kibum looked at him and tilted his head to the side with a curious gaze. "Ah... That means no... Forget what I said." Minho said and chuckled to himself. "Kibum... Do you know that you have... 'Powers'?" Onew asked as he stepped beside Taemin. Kibum's small smile faltered a little. "N-No..." He said and looked down. I frowned. "You're lying." I stated. He snapped his head up and looked at me. "You're lying." I repeated. He stopped smiling and looked down. "You knew? You mean all this time in that human world you knew you were the Master of the White Phoenix?" Taemin asked. Kibum nodded slowly. Minho widdened his eyes. "H-How can that be?" Minho muttered. "...When I was young, I saw a white baby phoenix and at the backyard of the orphanage I was in. At first I thought it was just a bird and played with it. But one day one of the bullies found the phoenix and broke one of its legs and wings. I didn't know why... I couldn't control myself... I-I killed them... Then I was kicked out of the orphanage. I didn't know why they didn't called the police. Then one day a man told me about the phoenix and I just figured it out myself. But after that, I couldn't find the phoenix anymore..." Kibum explained. "...If you don't mind, can you let Minho search through your soul?" Onew asked uncertainly. Kibum snapped his head up. "Search my soul?" He asked. "I'll just look through your past and that certain memory." Minho said as he walked nearer to Kibum. Kibum nodded his head. Taemin smiled and pushed him on the bed so he was lying down straight.

'Now after the reasoning, let's begin...' I thought.