Chapter 1

Lucky Lucy

 

“Annyeong Chen oppa!” I greeted Chen happily, using the minimal Korean I knew. This was my first fan signing, so I really didn’t understand how they worked, but I had a vague idea. I loved Exo; they were my current obsession.

“Annyeong Tao oppa!”

“Annyeong Luhan oppa!” I said, noticing how much cuter he looked in person. I could only hope that I would look that good at 22 years old. “You’re very handsome,” I commented, knowing that he preferred to be called handsome over cute.

“Annyeong Xiumin oppa!”

“Annyeong Lay oppa!” I couldn’t help but laugh a little bit, as I remembered the song that I heard him sing when he was 10. He was a lot better now though, so I suppose it didn’t really matter.

And finally, I saw Kris. My bias. His honey-coloured hair, his dark brown eyes… I think I could’ve died right then and there. I would have died a happy girl.

He looked up at me, with a puzzled expression.

“Oh! Annyeong Kris oppa! Saranghaeyo!” I exclaimed, as I handed him the album, open to the page with his picture on it. I had also stuck a little sticky note on it, which I had written in English. I hoped he could read the whole thing. It said something like:

Kris oppa, what do you think of me?

1. (    ) Let's go out on a date
2. (    ) Don't be a fan anymore
3. (    ) You're pretty
4. (    ) Let's get married! <3

He handed it back to me, smiling. Oh gosh, why does he have to be so freaking y. Act normal. Act normal. I smiled back, though it probably looked forced and retarded.

I walked away and turned to the page to look at the sticky note.

 

Kris oppa, what do you think of me?

1. ( x ) Let's go out on a date
2. (    ) Don't be a fan anymore
3. ( x ) You're pretty beautiful
4. ( x ) Let's get married! <3

He had also written his number down. Is this some kind of joke? I wondered, starting to get angry, because I didn't find it very funny. I went back to the hotel room, and stared at the sticky note until my best friend, Emma came back.

 

"Hey! How was it? You lucky bum, I wish I could've gone too," she came running over to me, plopping down onto the bed.

"Look at this," I said, shoving the sticky note in her face. "What do I do?"

She read it, and she screamed. "Call the number! Do it now! Go!" she handed me the phone, already dialing in the numbers.

"Gah! Stop! What if he gave me some fake number?"

"Come on Lucy, do you really think Kris would do that?" she put her hands on her hips.

I thought about for a few seconds, and I figured, even if he did, why not call it anyways?

"Okay, dial in the number."

It started to ring.

"Hello?"