Infinite's Second Anniversary (A Letter to Infinite)

K-Pop Ruined My Life...Or Did It? (All My K-Pop Ranting)

Dear Infinite,

Wow. Can you believe it's been two years? Two years and counting! You've made it this far and there's no way you're going to stop! All of  us Inspirits know that! You can only move forward, right? There will be no end to Infinite, right?

It's been two years. Those two years must've been very long, but at the same time very short. In that time, you managed to make me fall in love with you. The words that Myungsoo said, "If you fall in love with one of us, you're likely to fall in love with all of us," definitely applies to me. Myungsoo, even though you're my bias, I love all seven of the Infinite members. I'm not the only one and I know it. I'm sure that Inspirits all over the world feel the same way. Though we can't physically see you, we know that you love us and you know that we love you. It must be weird how in the time of two years, you've managed to make many people all over the world fall in love with you. 

It must've been hard. You must have endured it though because you loved it. All the work has definitely paid off! I hope you never regret anything that's happened to you during these two years. Practicing all day and all night must've killed you because if that was me, I would definitely be dead by now! When I see you tired, it makes me sad, but I know you work hard for not only us, but yourselves, too. When I see you smile though, all those sad feelings wash away and don't ever stop smiling because only good things can come your way now.

These two years must've changed your life. From being normal teenagers to being loved by many around the world. That must be a greeeat feeling. When you see fans and what we do for you, I hope you feel the same happiness I do when I just see your face. To think that you're even working now makes me think, "Ah, I hope they're doing well. I hope they're healthy." I pray every night that everything will be okay for you and I pray that one day I will be able to meet you and speak to you. Hopefully, that will happen in less than two years. 

It's almost been a year since I started to like you. I remember the day I started to like Infinite. It was August 1, 2011. I watched Be Mine and I was stunned by the choreography. The song was catchy and the feeling you gave off was refreshing. I just had to know more about you and I'm glad I did. I kept thinking Sungjong was part of Teen Top or Touch, but it turns out that Sungjongie was part of Infinite and Infinite would not be the same without you! I fell in love with you when I watched Sesame Player. You were all hilarious and I couldn't help, but smile along with you. I began to fall more and more in love with you as I continued to watch. 

You guys are hard workers and we already know that. As rookies in 2010, you were known for having a "99.9% synchronization" in your dances. I think Come Back Again may be one of my favourite debut songs actually. I keep forgetting it's been two years and I always think I've been supporting you since then, but I haven't. Then again, better late than never! Seeing you guys working hard makes me feel so tired for you, but I'm really touched by it. I wouldn't even be able to stand one day of it...probably.

I don't think you've changed that much since 2010. Of course, you have gotten better in singing and dancing and acting and all that performing stuff, but personality-wise, I haven't seen much changes.

Woohyun, you've always been greasy, but I absolutely admire your self-confidence. Sometimes, I'm so jealous that you can go around and strut your stuff. I'm also jealous of that voice of yours even though I'm a girl. You continue to sing the way you do!

Sungjong, I think you are fabulous. I think you are a sweet and warm person. You work so hard just for your hyungs and us, Inspirits! Don't ever give up, Sungjongie!

Hoya, you, sir, need to stop being so wonderful. Sometimes, I think you're a lot quieter than L, but you talk a lot, too. Rather than expressing your feelings with words, I like the way you express your emotions through dance. I'm so glad you debuted with Infinite and you still show off your dancing skills amazingly!

Sunggyu. Why are you such an amazing leader? It must be hard, dealing with all these dongsaengs, but then again, it must be a lot of fun being in their presence. Sunggyu, you must've worked very hard. Though you tried out for other entertainment labels, Infinite is the only group you can lead, okay?

Sungyeol, Sungyeol, Sungyeol. Our choding, Sungyeol. You are a talented human being and you need to stop being so self-concious. You can sing. You can dance! Sungyeol-ah, you were chosen for a reason! Infinite needs you! Inspirits need you! Please continue to be our wonderful choding!

Dongwoo! You're beautiful. Your smile, your laugh, it's all so contagious and it really warms my heart. I think you may be the most down-to-earth idol to me and I love you so much for that. You make me feel so comforted. Even when I hear your charismatic rapping, I still feel that way.

Oh, Myungsoo, you are my perfect boy. Your vocals have definitely improved and your voice always melts my heart. You are an amazing person, Myungsoo, and I respect everything you do.

I love Infinite so much. If I could meet you someday, it'd be the best day of my life. Would I even be alive at the end of the day? I don't know, just imagining it makes my heart race and my eyes water. I wish I'd been listening to Infinite for these whole two years, but like I said, better late than never! I want you to know that my heart will always belong to Infinite. When I want something to make me feel better, I think of Infinite and I will feel better. The difference between the Infinite on stage and the Infinite off stage is a big difference! It's wonderful though. To be able to perform  so seriously and be yourself and then come off stage and still be yourself is wonderful, amazing, fantastic! I love you for that aswell!

Thank you, Infinite. Thank you for these two years you have spent with us. Thank you for working so hard for the both of us. Thank you for showing your love to me in a way, even though you don't even know my name, even though you haven't had a concert in my country, even though the only way I can see you is through a screen. Thank you for being such good role-models. For not changing and staying humble through the years of success. Thank you for teaching me what loyalty is because before I liked Infinite, I would always switch my bias bands, but Infinite's different. My heart hasn't moved on from you. Thank you for teaching me some kind of love. I love you even though I don't know everything about you. Thank you for sticking around for two years, and not giving up. Your hard work is appreciated and we all love you.

Infinite is Infinite, right? Don't give up! There's no limit to Infinite! You will only move ahead! In two years, will I still be doing this? In even just one year, will I still be doing this? I want you to know that Infinite will always keep a special place in my heart. I love Infinite so much! And if it's possible, I want to fall more and more in love with Infinite in the years to come. Thank you, Infinite, for these two years! Get some sleep! Take a break! And don't ever forget that I love you!

                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                    Love always,

                                                                                                                                        Isabelle.