I'm not a bacon.

“Destiny? How cliché!”

 

 

 

You stared at the screen as you read the message over and over again. You started to get scared as several thoughts rushed to your mind.

How did he know my number? Who the heck is this person to tell me to stop crying? Is he some kind of stalker?

To: XXXXXXXXXXX

How did you know?

You let out a loud frustrated sigh after clicking send. Who was this stranger and why were you replying to him? Even you yourself did not know why but somehow, you found yourself anticipating his reply.

From: XXXXXXXXX

Of course, I know. I always know :(

What the… he always know? Did you really have a stalker? You let out sad chuckle as you shook your thoughts away. Of course, you did not have a stalker. It would be impossible.

Even though you were creep out to the bone, you still had the urge to reply. You wouldn’t lose anything anyway and amidst all of these emotional matters, also known as sulking and crying by yourself, you really need a break. Besides, it has been a while since a real human being aside from your grandmother actually started a conversation with you. Nonetheless, trying to talk about what you were feeling.

You stared at your ceiling which was plastered with neon green glowing in the dark stars and thought of what to say. Your thoughts were interrupted with the sound of the crying baby ringtone piercing in the air.

You chuckled and clicked on the message immediately. You know very well that it is not safe to converse with strangers but you cannot help but anticipate every message from the mysterious person. You realized what you were doing and let out another sad sigh. Am I really that desperate for a friend?

It is sad and all but the answer to that was a yes. You were really desperate for a friend and by this time, you were not embarrassed by it anymore. Self-pity wouldn’t helpyou anyway and besides, it wouldn’t hurt to join the flow for awhile.

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

Oh, I know! I’ll just make you happy! ^_^ :) :)!

You felt your mouth stretched to the sides to form a smile. Someone actually wanted to make you happy? That was really new to you. But what if he’s actually a pedo who is planning to intrude your house and steal your belongings? Your grandmother is going to kill you for sure. That is, if you are not already dead by that time. W-wait…how did you even know that he was a he?

Who are y-

Before you can even finish typing, another message popped on your screen. It was a very lame joke but it had you laughing. Before you know it, the stranger had sent you several jokes which made you roll on the floor, clutching your stomach in laughter.

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

Knock knock! ^_^

To: XXXXXXXXXXX

Who’s there?

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

Doris! ;)

To: XXXXXXXXXX

Doris who…?

From: XXXXXXXXXX

DorIS locked, that’s why I’m knocking! =)))

 

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

Knock knock! =)

To: XXXXXXXXXXX

Okay…who’s there? :)

 

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

Britney Spears!

To: XXXXXXXXXXX

Britney Spears who?

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

Knock knock!! :)

To: XXXXXXXXXXX

WHO’S THERE? >.<

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

Oops, I did it again ;)

 

To be honest, the jokes were so lame that the other lame jokes out there should be ashamed of it. But nevertheless, it made you laugh. You suddenly felt thankful to this stranger—whoever he or she is for making you happy.

You glanced at the picture of the two dorky boys on your bed side table and flashed a genuine smile. For once, someone else made you happy aside from those guys.

After calming down, you started to type to show your gratitude.

To: XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for cheering me up :D

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

 I’m glad you are not sad anymore! :D

That’s what best friends are for, right? ^_^ 

And by the way, stop  changing numbers all the time, you're not a spy or something! Tsk, tsk.

To: XXXXXXXXXXX

Huh? But…who are you?

From: XXXXXXXXXXX

Huh? Wait…aren’t you bacon?

 

To: XXXXXXXXXXX

Bacon? Who’s that?

Bacon?Wasn’t that your breakfast this morning? The sad reality dawned upon you as you stared at the screen. You knew it from the start. This person was mistaking you for someone else and he was only talking to you because of that. You were too pathetic to believe that he was actually trying to make you happy when the truth is he does not even know you.

You were certainly not this Bacon person and you most definitely do not know anyone named Bacon at all. Bacon must be sad too just like how the stranger has predicted. Something terrible must have happened to him. He must be crying as much as you were earlier but you cannot help but feel jealous of him.

At least, he has a friend who cares for him.

----

Look who updated twice today :) Orange font is for the girl and navy blue font for the stranger. :D