An Unexpected Meeting

The Babysitter

 

Kai

   ‘No-no-no Taehyun! Don’t put that in your mouth! Its dirty!’ I screamed as I lunged for the baby who was very close to putting a dirty sock into his mouth. He started crying and I picked him up before giving him his binky.

   ‘Yah Lee Taemin! Can’t you watch over your little brother for a few minutes?!’ I said, kicking the figure which was sprawled all over the floor. ‘And clean your room goddamnit. This,’ I said, picking up the dirty sock with my index finger and thumb, ‘belongs to the laundry.’

   ‘Since when do you care so much about cleaning huh?’ he grumbled waking up from his nap.

   ‘Since...’ Since I met Kyungsoo hyung. ‘Ever since I learnt that cockroaches and lizards likes staying in rooms like yours,’ I shrugged.

   ‘What? Really? Eww, that’s so gross,’ he said, scrambling to his feet and wiping the invisible dirt of his shirt and pants.

   ‘Our parents are not home. Supermarket or something, I don’t know. So... let’s go to the park,’

   ‘What for?’ he groaned, plunging headfirst into his pillow.

   ‘Well, I don’t want to die from breathing too much filthy air in this room and I’ve obviously got a body to maintain so... Get up lazy . Its almost 2. Don’t tell me you are still tired,’ I said pulling him up and dragging him out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo

Lunch was cheerful with our endless chattering and laughter especially with the addition of our new family member.

   ‘Are you done oppa? I ‘m going to do the dishes today,’ Jinri said beaming.

   ‘No its okay, I can do it myself,’ I shook my head profusely, refusing her offer.

    ‘I insist,’ she said, grabbing our plates and walked into the kitchen humming.

Umma turned and looked at me all smiles. I raised my eyebrow at her as I took a swig of my soda.

   ‘So...’ Umma said, clearing .

   ‘So...’ I repeated, drumming my fingers on the table.

   ‘What do you think of your new little sister?’

   ‘Jinri eh?’ I slightly cocked my head to the side slyly while Umma just rolled her eyes at me.

   ‘Well... she seems nice,’ I pursed my lips. ‘I’m not really sure if I can be a good brother to her yet though,’

   ‘I know you will be a good older brother Kyungsoo,’ she said as she scooted nearer to me.

   ‘Eh? What makes you think of that?

   ‘I just know it Kyungie,’ she ruffled my hair affectionately, her hand never leaved my head. ‘A good son makes a good older sibling.’

   ‘Its just... I don’t know if I,’ I sighed. ‘I don’t know if I can protect, defend and most importantly love her Umma,’ I muttered as I played with the frills of the table cloth.

   ‘Aww baby... I’m sure you will be able to,’ she smoothed my hair as I slid my head onto her shoulder.

   ‘Promise me something?’ Umma said after a minute of silence.

   ‘What?’ I mumbled as I begin to feel sleep take over me. Umma was drawing circles on my back and it felt good. It felt nice and safe to be under her touch.

   ‘Promise me you’ll take care of Jinri... and our family,’ she murmured.

   ‘I promise I’ll do whatever it takes to protect our family,’ I promised as I wrapped my arms around her slender waist.

   ‘Promise me you’ll never leave me,’ she muttered as she held my hands. ‘Ever,’

I heard her voice cracking and wasn’t surprised to see her eyes beginning to water when I released my grab on her and looked her in the eyes.

   ‘Hey... Umma, please don’t cry. I love you and I’ll never leave you,’ I whispered as I wiped her cheeks which are tainted with her falling tears. She smiled weakly at me and I fell back into her grasp.

   ‘Promise me you’ll learn to accept Appa too Kyungie. He’s your dad after all. Without him, there won’t be any Do Kyungsoo,’

   ‘I can’t promise you that but I’ll... I’ll try my very best to accept him again. I love you Umma. That I can promise,’

   ‘Sleep over tonight. This house is empty without you,’

   I just nodded in reply. We sat in silence with our arms around each other as we basked in each other’s warmth.

   ‘Umma? Oppa?’ Jinri suddenly called out.

I felt Umma twist her body as she acknowledged my little sister.

   ‘Yes darling?’

   ‘I’m done with the dishes!’ she exclaimed happily.

   ‘Aww, thank you! Come here,’ Umma patted the empty chair next to her. I kept my eyes shut and let Umma’s warmth embrace me. I heard her light footsteps padding across the wooden floor before she sat down with a thump on the chair.

   ‘Is oppa asleep?’ she whispered.

Umma didn’t answer but I guessed she nodded her head because Jinri went, ‘Ooh,’

   ‘So... what do you think of Kyungsoo oppa?’ Umma suddenly questioned her, taking me by surprise.

   ‘He’s a very nice person. Appa has told me a lot about him and Appa is right all along. He is nice, sweet and polite. I’m glad to have a nice oppa like him,’ she replied cheerfully.

Appa told Jinri about me. The thought of it made my heart swell with guilt.

   ‘I’m sure he’s glad to have a nice cute little sister like you too,’ Umma replied as she softly patted my head.

   ‘Can I... can I touch oppa’s hair too?’ Jinri suddenly asked, taking me by surprise. Umma didn’t reply but I slightly opened my eyes and saw Jinri’s hand shadowing over my head.

   ‘BOO!’ I sat up and yelled, making Jinri tumble off her seat and land on the floor as she shrieked in surprise.

   ‘Oh my god, I’m so sorry!’ I exclaimed in surprise as Umma smacked my back and screamed, ’Do Kyungsoo, how could you!’ at me at the same time.

I got on my feet and saw Jinri lying flat on the ground as she clutched onto her . After a few ‘ouches’ here and there, she looked up at me and we both broke into a fit of laughter. I know I shouldn’t be laughing but seeing her sprawled all over the floor whilst clutching her bottom is hilarious.

   ‘Here,’ I offered my hand to her. I held in my laughter after Umma screamed at me to stop laughing and help her up.

Grabbing my hand and getting on her feet, we ended up laughing again.

   ‘I’m so so sorry but,’ I laughed.

   ‘It’s okay really,’ she trailed off laughing as tears ran down on both of our faces.

   ‘I don’t get you two. Really...’ Umma stated as she looked at us weirdly.

   ‘What? Its funny okay,’ I replied as I wiped the corner of my eyes.

   ‘Scaring your sister off and making her land on her is not funny Kyungsoo,’

   ‘I’m fine Umma. Don’t scold oppa. I’ve never laughed this much for so long,’ Jinri said as we high-fived each other.

   ‘Whatever suits you two then. Jinri, don’t forget that you need to meet your friend at the park at 2 later. Kyungsoo, don’t forget to tell Chanyeol and Joonmyun that you are not coming over to their place tonight,’

   ‘Alright thanks Umma,’ we both said before bolting to our rooms.

   ‘Having two children is such a chore,’ we heard Umma mumble as we raced up the stairs.

   ‘Oppa?’ Jinri called out just as I was about to enter my room.

   ‘Yeah?’

   ‘Can you,’ she bit her lip. ‘Can you accompany me to the park later? I mean, I’m still new to this neighbourhood so I thought maybe you could show me around...’

   ‘Of course I can,’ I grinned. ‘Get ready by 1.40 okay?’

   ‘You’re the best oppa! Thanks!’ she returned the gesture before turning for her room.

I laid down on my bed and called Chanyeol hyung.

    ‘Hyung!’

    ‘Princess!’ he replied dramatically.

   ‘Um, I’m calling to tell you guys that I would probably be staying home this few days,’

   ‘Oh okay, that’s good... isn’t it?’

   ‘Yeah, I hope so,’

   ‘How’s your new sister?’

   ‘She’s very nice. I have not met Appa yet though. I guess I’ll have to wait till tonight,’

   ‘Ah okay, I’ll tell Joonmyun hyung later,’

   ‘Hyung, want to meet up at the park at 2 later? Jinri needs to meet a friend and I want to show her around so I thought maybe I can introduce her to the both of you as well,’ I suggested.

   ‘Sure! We are almost done at the bookstore too. So 2pm at the park later right?’

   ‘Yeah, see you later,’

After hanging up, I realised that I still had over 30 minutes left. Yawning, I fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

   ‘Oppa?’ I heard a few knocks on my door causing me to stir in my sleep.

   ‘Oppa?’ the voice called out again. God, who is this irritating person?

   ‘Oppa!’ the voice yelled. I heard footsteps plummeting up the steps before an even much more shrilly voice rang into my ears.

   ‘Do Kyungsoo! For goodness sake, can’t you hear your sister calling you?! Are you even conscious?!’ Umma screamed.

Sister? Pfft, since when did I have a Jinri! , I promised her I’ll take her to the park. I bolted upwards and realised that it was already past 1.40pm.

   ‘5 minutes!’ I yelled in reply as I rushed to wash up and get ready.

I ran into the living room to see Jinri lying on Umma’s lap facing down with what seems like Umma massaging her . Averting my gaze, I cleared my throat.

   ‘Oh!’ Jinri squealed as she sat upright.

   ‘Um, I’m ready so... let’s go?’

   ‘Uh, y-yeah let’s go,’ Jinri replied blushing, her features scrunching up as she stood up.

   ‘Take care of your sister Kyungsoo. Keep your phones on all the time,’ she said while she ushered us out. ‘Be home for dinner!’

 

 

 

 

 

   ‘Walk faster Jinri! Its almost 2. You don’t want to make your friend wait don’t you?’ I said after realising how much she was lagging behind.

   ‘Its not my fault I’m late though,’ she said making me stop in my tracks and turn to look at her.

   ‘My hurts. A lot,’

   ‘Really?’ I said moving towards her. ‘Here, let me give you a ride,’ I squatted down in front of her.

   ‘Come on,’ I urged. She lightly wrapped her arms around my shoulders before putting her full weight on my back. Grunting a little, I stood up and began walking.

   ‘Ugh, what do you eat? Rocks?’ I said, earning a smack on my chest. ‘Or concrete maybe?’ I continued earning myself a flick on the forehead and a loud obnoxious scream in my ear.

We talked about everything we saw. I told her stories about the places we passed by and stories about Chanyeol hyung and Joonmyun hyung as well as a little bit of Yixing hyung. She seemed to be really intrigued by Chanyeol hyung.

   ‘You’ll be meeting the two of them later,’ I said as I put her down. ‘Now where’s your friend? What’s her name again?’

   ‘For the millionth time, Soojung, oppa. Soojung,’ she sighed.

   ‘Fine, whatever, I don’t care. Now where is she? Its so hot today,’ I complained.

   ‘I don’t know,’ she pouted. ‘Its already past 2 and she’s not here yet. Not like she’s ever early,’ she grumbled to herself as she pulled out her phone. She pressed a few buttons on her phone before heaving a huge sigh.

   ‘Turns out she can’t make it,’ she said puffing out her cheeks and showing me the text she received. ‘I really wanted to meet her,’ she frowned.

   ‘Well, you can always give her our address and tell her to come over for a sleepover or something right?’ I suggested, trying to cheer her up.

   ‘You’re right. C’mon then, let’s go meet your friends,’

   ‘Okay let’s go,’ I said, walking to the direction of the nearby café we always go to. When I realised that she wasn’t walking by my side, I turned and found her still standing at the same spot where I dropped her off.

   ‘Uh, can’t walk. Got scared off. Fell first. Sore bottom. Sounds familiar?’ she said sarcastically.

   ‘You are getting so much more like those bratty sisters in dramas Jinri,’ I mumbled as I crouched down.

   ‘I beg your pardon?’

   ‘Nothing, the sky’s really blue today isn’t it?’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai

   ‘How about we go get some ice-cream?’ Taemin asked excitedly.

   ‘No, we’re here to take some fresh air. Not stuff ourselves Taem,’

   ‘Its so hot I think I’m going to get tanned. Damn it, why didn’t you remind me to put on my sunblock first Jongin?’ he grumbled.

   ‘You are going to the park not the be...’ I trailed off. Right in front of me across the road was Kyungsoo hyung. He was laughing his heart out, his eyes crinkling as he carried a girl with very pretty hair and features on his back. I should have known this would happen.

   ‘Let’s go walk the other way Taemin,’ I mumbled, my eyes never able to leave the sight of both of them. It felt like my heart was crushed into pieces.

   ‘How about no? Let’s go. It’s the green light,’ he pulled me on my arms and I stayed wordless and I let myself being pulled forward. Kyungsoo hyung turned and apparently he saw me. His face lighted up with excitement as he released one hand from his grab on the girl’s wrist and waved at me frantically. Forcing a meek smile, I weakly waved at him.

   ‘Who’s that boy? A friend of yours?’ Taemin questioned as he shifted Taehyun onto his right arm.

I nodded in reply.

   ‘Why do you look like you just saw a ghost? Are you still sick?’

I shook my head.

   ‘Well, let’s go say hi to him. He looks super happy to see you,’

We safely crossed the road and walked up the short pavement to the park.

   ‘Hi Kai!’

   ‘Hi!’ I put on a fake smile. I noticed how the girl had her legs wrapped around his waist almost protectively. She looked so much more prettier up-close.

   ‘Put me down oppa,’ the girl hissed.

   ‘No, I’m not going to crouch down again for you missy,’ he said.

Why is she calling him oppa? Why do they look so close? Who is she?

   ‘Oh Kai, meet Jinri. My younger sister,’

I felt my cheeks brightening up as soon as my head registered what he just said. I felt so silly for jumping into conclusions without knowing anything.

   ‘Hi Jinri, I’m Kai,’ I smiled warmly at her as she just waved a hello at me.

   ‘Ehem...’ Taemin coughed.

   ‘Oh and this is my cousin, Lee Taemin,’ I introduced him while they exchanged their smiles and hellos. ‘Taehyun’s brother remember?’ I asked looking at Kyungsoo hyung.

   ‘Of course I remember. I see you brought Taehyun along,’ he replied. ‘Hi Taehyun! Remember me?’ he slightly cooed at the baby who just ignored him. He pretended to look hurt.

   ‘He’ll warm up to you soon enough hyung,’ I reassured him. He smiled his breathtaking smile at me and I felt my heart skip a beat or two,

   ‘We’re heading over to the café to meet two of my friends so... want to join us?’ Kyungsoo hyung asked, his eyes looking at me expectantly.

   ‘We’d love too,’

   ‘But Jongin, you said we are not here to-‘ I clamped my hand over Taemin’s mouth.

   ‘Lead the way hyung,’

   

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

And this is where all the fun comes in ^^ I can now focus more on Kaisoo rather than all the family stuff. Idek why I suddenly added Kyungsoo's family conflict in tbh . Didn't proof-read this as usual . This was actually supposed to be 2 chapters altogether but since I felt bad for no updating for almost a week, I decided to give it to you guys as a whole :) HELLO TO ALL MY NEW AND OLD SUBBIES TOO !

 

And last but not least, HAPPY 3 MONTHS DEAREST, LOVELIEST EXO BABIES ! <3 Let's make it till the day where we can still celebrate EXO's 10th (and ongoing) anniversary . It feels just like yesterday when you guys debuted :') Each one of you are as equally as talented and beautiful as each and I'm glad to be part of this ever-growing fandom :') 

//oh my OT12 feels//

#3MONTHSWITHEXO

 

And it seems like Kaisoo in on hiatus these few days . I don't blame them because they have ended their promotions and all but still . DON'T EVER LET THIS SHIP SINK GUISE! They'll be back before you know it which also leaves me with no excuse of not giving you any Kaisoo .

 

        

 

 

 

GIFS/Pics aren't mine

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^ I'm looking forward to all your day-maker comments which never fail to make me smile XD Most probably will update this next weekend as per usual so till then, take good care of yourself ! SEE YA SOON ! <3

P.S Do I have any Singaporean readers here ?