The Book - drabble

drabbles & oneshots

Type: Drabble
Inspiration: read a post on tumblr about a man handing you a book that would tell you your future.
Date & Time: 3/9/2013 ; 2:23pm
Note: i should be studying.
Song Playing: 닐리리맘보 - Block B

 


     I stood with my head slightly tilted to the left. Before me stood a man with blonde dreads and an eye that shone a moonlight white; and in his hands he had a book that was spiraled together with vines. His thin lips curved upward and he took a step towards me, presenting the book before me as if he were going to give it to me. My legs stood frozen at the same spot; I couldn’t decide if I should run or not. Then again, what would one do when they’re in a situation as this? The man noticed the mental argument I was having with myself and chuckled.

 

   “You summoned me,” he spoke diligently, which surprised me because I was expecting him to sound rougher. When I don’t say anything to him, he straightened his back and pulled the book back a bit, “what’s wrong?”

I creased a brow at his question, “Who are you?”

“Who am I?” He repeated the question and smirked, “The name’s Zico—Zee I C O.” He announced and brought the book back into my view, “Now, why don’t you take this book, huh?”

“Why?”

“What do you mean ‘why’?” He questioned back, “I already told you that you summoned me here; and here I am, so take the book that you requested for.” He urged, pushing the book more at me. I could only shake my head in disagreement.

“I didn’t summon you; nor do I know what you’re talking about.”

 

Zico sighed, “You’re the girl who bought the pen at the 31 and half store, right?”

The pen! My eyes widened, remembering what that guy had told me yesterday.

 

“Wait till midnight to write away your future,”

 

I looked back at Zico and furrowed my brows, “You’re affiliated with that guy?” Zico nodded in response.