La Fin

Twice if you're happy, once if you're sad

 

Present.

I stare once more at the boys as he cuddles with me.

Years can go by so quickly.

7 years, I spent with the secretly married gay couple, Jongkey. It’s all gone now.

Jonghyun looked at me with sad eyes. Tears shimmering in his orbs and lashes, bowing his head down in agony.

My ankles are weak as I try to stand. I wobble back down. The dog food tastes like nothing and it just feels rough in my mouth.

 

I’ve learned so much about people. People as in Key, Kim Ki bum.

I thought that he was a cold, uncaring and Jonghyun wanting .

I was wrong.

Key was a lively, sweet and sassy feline boy that Jonghyun and I had fallen in love with. It was hard to not miss Key. Shaking booty, thin waist and sharp jawline, it was hard to miss him. I’ve learned that people aren’t so nasty and there are so other pleasant and compassionate people. Especially gays. Before, in the shop, I made fun of them. The way they walked, dressed and had a feminine accent in their speech made me howl with laughter. After Jonghyun, I loved them. Gays were the most caring people in the world. I wanted to embrace them. Love them forever and keep them all to me. Maybe it’s all up to me.

Remember years ago when I saw the shadow? It was dancing. It was dancing between us. Key and I, deciding whom to attack next. It was deciding who was weaker. At that time, I was stronger. I was stronger so I sent it away. If it comes again, I don’t know.

Maybe I should go.

I turn my head towards my owner. His face buried inside his palms, weeping. I knew; he’s not ready. But. Am I?

 

Once in a show that I really liked to watch, I heard about a dog giving its soul away to someone he loves. When they are ready… he…

 

Am I ready?

 

Am I ready to face the other world full of mysteries? Am I ready to run in to an unknown place? Am I? Am I ready to leave them?

 

Once I heard in a TV show that when the dogs are ready to give the soul they…

I forgot. Getting old can make dogs forget as well.

“Roo, come here. Let me see you.” Key beckons me again.

I wag my tail but piss on the floor. My attempt to jump on to the bed fails as I collapse.

“Roo boy??” Jonghyun lifts his head and cradles me.

I whine and growl a little but I’m so tired.

“Roo boy, shhhhh it’s fine.” Jonghyun my fur as I sigh.

I close my eyes as the picture of Key sitting on the bed fades.

“Roo boy. What do you see?”

I open my eyes and I see white. A big white space. Soon, the white space grows green leaves. I see a big green field.

“I see a big green field.” I wanted to tell him.

“Roo boy. You must be tired.”

Jonghyun softly sang in my ear as Key hummed along.

I couldn’t see my owner now. In front of me, I saw a field. The field went on forever, stretching out on both sides. I could run forever.

“Roo, you can go now.” Jonghyun softly rubbed my ear.

I stepped in to the grass.

The cool leaves poked my fur as I yipped.

“Roo boy. You can go now. It’s okay.”

I pant looking ahead of me.

This is my life. My soul, my fate.

I look behind. Nothing.

“Roo boy, you can go now. Run boy.” I could still hear him though.

I once heard in a TV show that I like to watch, that a dog can give it’s soul to the one he loves…

I run out.

And when the soul is ready to go he…

“Roo boy…”

He runs in an endless green field. He runs until his legs can carry no more. He runs until his soul is released into the human body.

I remember now!!

I yipped and run in the field.

“Roo boy, I love you.”

“Me too Jonghyun, me too.”

“When I saw you in the pet shop, I knew we were meant to be together.”

“I remember that too Jonghyun.”

“Roo boy, you can go now.”

So I run. My legs were strong and firm as they stomped each piece of grass. I ran with such speed I thought I could never stop.

“Good boy Roo.”

I hear his voice again.

That voice I’ve been hearing everyday. Before eating breakfast, before dinner, before sleeping before going to work. It was a soothing voice.

I stopped.

I looked back. The field was behind me like always. But I stopped.

I in the smell hoping to hear his voice again.

“Roo you can go release yourself now.” Jonghyun’s voice melted in my ear.

“Roo, I’ll miss you.”

 

Me too Jonghyun.

 

“Roo, run boy. Go now.”

 

So I did. Before that, I barked. This time, I made sure it wasn’t a cheerful yapp. I made sure I boomed across the fields in to Jonghyun’s ears. I barked twice. All those years, I could never tell a human being my feelings or thoughts. This time, I hope he knew.

 

I barked twice again to let him know.

 

Let’s go Jonghyun! I’m happy!