Confession

Love Warriors

 

One of the simplest ways to stay happy is letting go of the things that make you sad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sulli was sitting across Minji with an eager face. They were in the Love Warrior's club room at Minji's seat.

"Now tell me about your ex-boyfriend" 

Minji said to break the silence between them.

Sulli cringed and said, "Do I have to? I don't really want to think about him ever again"

Minji's face began to soften as she could see how hurt Sulli had been in the past. She let out a small sigh and smiled at Sulli.

"It's not compulsary for you to tell me about your past. I just thought that maybe you'd feel better to talk to someone about  and let it out. I know how it feels like to be alone when you really needed someone to comfort you, but no one's there. It's not like you need someone to change the situation, just listen quietly and comfort you when it's needed"

Minji looked surprised because she was too engrossed in the situation that she accidentally spilled how she had once felt. Luckily, Sulli was still thinking about her past that she wasn't really focusing on what Minji was saying about herself. Minji had never told her feelings to someone she just met. The only people that know about her are Chaerin, Bom and Dara. Maybe Sulli is the type of people that make people feel comfortable around her.

Minji stopped her train of thoughts when Sulli started to speak again.

"We were lovers, he and I. I love him, he loves me back, we confessed and we date. Just your typical old school romance. We went to school together for every single day together, except if any of us is sick. Like every other couple, we do have little fights here and there, but then we reconciled and we would be even closer. The only fault in our relationship is something that everyone in this world seems to care about most ; money. He's the son of the president of Kim Corporation, the largest shipping companies in Korea and one of the largest in the world. His mother found out about our relationship and she was furious. She said she would never accept me as her daughter-in-law, and that her son deserved better."

Sulli looked down at her fiddling hands, and Minji realized that she was crying. Minji stood up from her seat and went to pat Sulli's back while making comforting noises.

"It's okay, Sulli-ah. If you don't feel strong enough to tell me, there's always other times. Sorry for making you do this." Minji said while comforting Sulli.

"No. I have to tell this story till the end. I would never trust myself to be strong again if I failed to even do this," Sulli said between sobs.

"Then continue. Let it go. It wouldn't change the situation, but it's definetely make you feel better." Minji encouraged Sulli with her soothing voice.

"One day, his mom called me on my cell phone. She said she have something to discuss with me. When I reached her office, she asked me to sit down. She told me to let go of her son. She offered me 10 000 USD if I could only leave her precious alone"

10 000 USD isn't and would never be enough for true love, no amount of money would ever be enough, Minji thought

"I rejected her money. I said that no amount of goods deserve to be traded with his love. I was about to walk away, then she did something unexpected. She pulled my hands by force and make me face her. She started shouting bad things about me in front of my face. She threw the money on a direct hit to my face, and insulted me. My pride that time, feels like she's ripping them off me. She said she knew about my family having financial issues, and she could add the amount of money if that's what I want. The thing about my family, that did it. He was the only person I told about my problem. He must've told his mother. I know I shouldn't blame him, but I did. He shouldn't have tell his mother about what I said when we're together. I thought that I could at least trust him with my secret, but turns out I'm wrong. The moment that realization hit me, I gave up. I know that he isn't the one. My heart suddenly feels empty and my voice grew cold as I turn around to face his mother and said, I'll leave your son alone, but not because you said so! I'll leave him alone, and I'll never approach you, your son or any of your family ever again! Then I stomped out of the office and texted him, We're Over. After the message got through, I just threw my SIM card away and didn't attend school. A week later, I transfered here."

Minji stared at Sulli with sympathy.

"You still love him, right?" Minji said softly, almost a whisper.

"How did you know? Is it that obvious?" Sulli raised her head, and the bright light from the room frame her tear stained cheeks perfectly.

Minji wiped Sulli's tears away and said,

"You still cry for him. What you don't feel won't hurt you. You cry for him, meaning there's still place for him in your heart."

Sulli stared at the ground again, not wanting to look up.

"But he hurt me. He cut my heart to pieces. Why do I still love him?"

"Because the love you had for him, the memories you guys shared for the time you were together is too big to be compared to what me MAY did to you" Minji said while smiling warmly.

"What do you mean by what he MAY do?" Sulli asked suspiciously.

"From what you tell me, you never confront him. How do you know he's the one to tell his mother about your family/"

'Of course it's him! How else would his mother know if it's not him?" Sulli said.

Minji looked at Sulli and said regretfully, "There's too many things that you still doesn't know, Sulli. People could get really creative sometimes"

"What do you mean by that/" Sulli now looked confused.

"One day you would learn about the harsh reality of this cruel world. Some would learn late, some would be lucky enough not having to learn it at all. But some who weren't lucky enough were forced to learn about it really early, by the hard way"

"What do you mean by that?" Sulli is now completely lost.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. Yeah, nothing" Minji said while smiling regretfully, eventhough it's not exactly a happy smile.

"Now, about Lee Taemin...."