Confession

Tell Me You Love Me

Tell Me You Love Me

 

[Chapter 5]

 

Minhwan rolled around on his bed, waiting for Seunghyun to come into the room. But the guitarist seemed to have gone out, and what made it worse was that he went out with Jaejin. Minhwan frowned, “Is Jaejin-hyung really going to ask him out like what he said? But I haven’t tell Seunghyun my feelings yet!” The drummer slammed his forehead onto his pillow.

 

Five minutes passed, and another five passed again. Minhwan didn’t know how many ‘five minutes’ had passed, but Seunghyun still wasn’t back yet. He closed his eyes for a moment while waiting for the boy to return, but soon he fell asleep.

 

Ah, someone’s touching my hair…

 

The hand continued to caress Minhwan’s cheek gently.

 

It’s so warm, the touch…

 

Minhwan opened his eyes slightly and saw Seunghyun smiling down at him. “You fell asleep on my pillow, Minhwan.”

 

“Oh, sorry,” Minhwan abruptly sat up and positioned himself into a sitting gesture just like Seunghyun. “Where have you been?”

 

“I went to the nearby park for a walk with Jaejin-hyung,” Seunghyun replied, getting up the bed, “It’s very cooling outside.”

 

“Did he ask you anything?” Minhwan inquired, impatient to know what happened between them, “Did he tell you anything in particular?”

 

Seunghyun was surprised with Minhwan’s enthusiasm, “Uhm, nope. Nothing important,” he lied. How can I tell you that he asked me if I love you…

 

“Oh,” Minhwan released the breath he was holding. It’s not too late yet, I guess.

 

“Have you brushed your teeth? I brushed mine already before I came in,” Seunghyun said, while ing his trousers.

 

Minhwan nodded. He turned his eyes away when Seunghyun was left in his loose t-shirt and boxers only. The older boy folded his pants neatly and placed it on the nearest stool. Minhwan stole a glance towards the slender figure and caught Seunghyun’s eyes looking at him.

 

“You’re blushing, Minhwan,” Seunghyun teased the maknae. “You always blush, don’t you?”

 

“No, I’m not,” Minhwan argued, cursing himself for blushing over the tiniest thing, “Why do you always sleep without your pants?”

“Then why do you always sleep without your shirt?” Seunghyun fired him another question instead of answering.

 

“You’re just like Hongki-hyung.”

 

“You’re just like…” Seunghyun tried to think of someone, but he couldn’t.

 

The both of them looked at each other for a few seconds, and broke into laughter together.

 

“Forget it,” Seunghyun said, “We’re not making sense.”

 

“Yup,” Minhwan agreed, taking off his shirt, revealing his beautifully toned muscles, which in return caused Seunghyun to blush a light hue of pink.

 

“Now you’re blushing,” Minhwan teased.

 

“No, I’m not,” Seunghyun climbed onto the bed and ignored Minhwan. Minhwan followed suit after he turned the lights off.

 

As Minhwan lied down on the bed, Seunghyun thought of Jonghun and Jaejin’s words. How do I start? Do I tell him straight that I love him? Or would he prefer a more suitable setting? A romantic dinner, perhaps?

 

Seunghyun turned over to the side, his back now facing Minhwan. He decided to just speak whatever that was in his heart right now. “You know, Minhwan,” he said softly, “I thank God that I’m part of FT Island. I thank God that I met you, to be so close to you, seeing you everyday, and spending time with you everyday.”

 

Seunghyun was speaking softly, but Minhwan could hear every single word, everything as clear as crystal. His heart hammered strongly against his chest as Seunghyun spoke.

 

“Minhwan, I need to tell you something.”

 

Seunghyun felt Minhwan shifting his weight. He wondered what Minhwan was up to, and no doubt Minhwan surprised Seunghyun by snaking his arms underneath Seunghyun’s armpit and hugged Seunghyun around his chest, with Minhwan’s head snuggling against Seunghyun’s shoulder.

 

“Minhwan?” Seunghyun tried to turn around to face Minhwan, but the boy held him tight there.

 

“Wait, don’t move,” Minhwan mumbled against Seunghyun’s shoulder, “Listen to me first.” I don’t want you to look at me right now, it’s embarrassing.

 

Seunghyun felt his heart was about to jump out, with Minhwan being so utterly close to him, not to mention timidly hugging him from behind.

 

Minhwan took in a deep breath before he continued, “Please promise that you’ll never leave me.”

 

Seunghyun wanted so much to tell the other boy that there was no way that he’ll ever leave his side, no matter what happened. But he chose to let Minhwan finish talking first.

 

“I’m afraid that our relationship might change after I say these words to you, but I will never forgive myself if I even didn’t try.”

 

Seunghyun’s heart pounded as if he was running miles and miles of marathon.

 

“Seunghyun, I love you.” Minhwan buried his head deeper into Seunghyun’s shoulder, his arms tightening around Seunghyun’s chest as well. He felt his cheeks heating up a few degrees higher, and was sure that Seunghyun felt it too. But Seunghyun didn’t say anything, nor did he move a slightest inch.

 

Minhwan sensed his eyes tearing as he felt indirectly rejected by the other boy. He did not even bother saying anything, in a way doesn’t it shows that he wasn’t at all interested in me? And I just made a fool out of myself. Minhwan removed his arms around Seunghyun’s chest, and he had to lie to himself that he wasn’t disappointed when Seunghyun did not even try to hold onto his arms before he retreated.

 

I’m a fool for thinking that Seunghyun was interested in me.

 

Minhwan rubbed his tears that were streaking down with the back of his hand, but Seunghyun held his wrist in a firm grip. He kissed Minhwan’s tear streaked hand tenderly before climbing on top of the boy, locking both Minhwan’s wrists at the side of his head.

 

“Hey,” Seunghyun whispered, his breath brushing against Minwhan’s cheek, “Don’t cry, it’s alright.” He planted a soft kiss on Minhwan’s forehead. “It’s alright,” he repeated, “I’m over here.”

 

He leaned down and kissed Minhwan gently on his lips, slowly releasing Minhwan’s wrists. Finally, Seunghyun thought, his lips are so soft… Better than what I’ve always been imagining…

 

Seunghyun felt Minhwan’s arms sliding around his neck, trying to pull him closer. He used one hand to Minhwan’s soft cheeks, while the other supported himself from crushing onto the shorter boy. He broke the kiss and spoke against Minhwan’s slightly parted lips, “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to do this to you,” he said, feeling his breath quicken, “You drive me crazy, Minhwan. I’ve been longing you for so long. I’m sorry I took such a long time to realize these feelings,” He dived in and pressed his lips onto Minhwan’s again, this time with more pressure.

 

“Minhwan,” Seunghyun said in between kisses, “I love you, very very much.” The room was dark, but he could sense Minhwan staring at him. “Please stay by my side, don’t ever leave me alone.”

 

And Minhwan’s answer was none other than a long, lingering kiss.

 


 

The End

 

A/N: It's kind of a predictable ending.. Oh well. It ended. ): I want to write more of Seunghyun/Minhwan fanfictions. It's so hard to find their stories, especially Minhwan's. TT

 

And oh! :D I thought of a Seunghyun/Jonghun plot. If you're interested then please look out for it! (: 

 

^^ Lastly, I hope you enjoyed this story, thought I know it's really really short. ):