Clearing Off The Confusion

Tell Me You Love Me

 

Tell Me You Love Me

 

[Chapter 4]

 

Jonghun left the kitchen, leaving only Seunghyun to wash all the dishes. Jaejin waited till Jonghun went into Hongki’s room before he spoke to Minhwan.

 

“Hey, Minhwan,” Jaejin said, softly, “What do you think about Seunghyun?”

 

“Seunghyun?”

 

Jaejin nodded.

 

“Well,” Minhwan glanced around to make sure no one heard his answer, “I think he’s a really nice person, funny and entertaining. He’s really cute too.” He ended with a smile, blushing slightly.

 

“Really?” Jaejin said, trying to control himself not to giggle, “In my opinion, I think he’s cute as well.”

 

Minhwan was slightly taken aback, and looked at Jaejin, “Eh?”

 

“Should I ask him out? I’m not sure if he’s interested in me though, he seemed to have someone he likes already,” Jaejin added.

 

Minhwan panicked slightly when he heard that Jaejin was going to ask Seunghyun out. “Jaejin-hyung, did Seunghyun said that he love-”

 

“No, no,” Jaejin interrupted, “But you’ll never know. As long as you don’t ask, you will never know his answer, right? ‘He who moves first always wins’, I learnt that from…” Jaejin scratched his head, “I can’t remember.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Minhwan stretched his neck and looked over his shoulders towards Seunghyun’s direction. Does he like Jaejin-hyung? But he didn’t mention anything about Jaejin-hyung all the while when he shared the room with me… It’s not like we’re not close enough to discuss this, right?

 

Jaejin eyed Minhwan and smirked. My plan’s beginning to work!

 

“Minhwan ah,” Jaejin nudged the maknae, “What do you think I should tell him?”

 

Minhwan kept quiet for a while, “I don’t know.” Minhwan rose from the sofa, “I want to get into my room now. Goodbye, hyung.”

 

Jaejin’s eyes trailed Minhwan’s back. Did my plan really work? Did it work? I’m sure it worked out pretty well. He’s pretty triggered already. If he’s brave he’ll even confess to Seunghyun soon enough. Jaejin sighed. Then I’ll be looking at another pair of lovebirds tomorrow. He growled when he heard Hongki and Jonghun laughing loudly in the room. Just then, Seunghyun finished washing all the dishes and was about to enter his room already, if Jaejin did not stop him on time.

 

“Yahh, Seunghyun,” Jaejin called, “Want to have a walk outside?”

 

Seunghyun paused for a second and glanced over towards the window. “Alright.” He took both the cloaks that was hanging by the stand and passed one of them to Jaejin.

 

“Thanks, Seunghyun.”

 

As they walked along the path, both remained silent as they felt the cooling breeze brushing against them. It was a chilling night and both musicians had their hands covered with thick gloves. The moon was shining really brightly that night. Everything was perfect there; the scenery, surrounding temperature, but not one thing. The silence between them was somehow awkward.

 

Seunghyun didn’t like this. He was always known as the one who creates jokes and joyfully playing around when he was with other people, but somehow tonight Seunghyun remained silent to himself, and somewhat more serious. He kicked a stone with his right leg and sent it flying.

 

Jaejin too, of course, sensed the awkwardness. He cleared his throat and tried to form some words.

 

“Uhm, beautiful sight, isn’t it?”

 

“Yeah,” Seunghyun said, thankful that one of them actually started the conversation.

 

Jaejin stopped dead in his tracks. Seunghyun, who was a few steps ahead stopped as well and turned around to look at Jaejin. “Hyung?”

 

“Answer me honestly, Seunghyun,” Jaejin said. Seunghyun was surprised that Jaejin used such a firm voice.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Do you like Minhwan?” Jaejin asked.

 

Caught off guard, Seunghyun stammered, “W-What?”

 

“It’s a very simple question,” Jaejin said bluntly, “Do you like Minhwan?”

 

Seunghyun needed some time to recollect himself. Why is he being so random? Seunghyun tried to focus on Jaejin’s expression. The moonlight shined dimly although it was full moon that night, and Seunghyun only managed to see part of his face. He’s being serious.

 

“Hyung, I…” Seunghyun trailed off, “Yes. I do like Minhwan.”

 

Silence enveloped them once again. Neither spoke nor moved, but continued staring at each other. Jaejin moved a few steps forward, nearer to Seunghyun.

 

“Seunghyun ah, will you let hyung have Minhwan?” Jaejin asked, never breaking eye contact with the other boy.

 

If Seunghyun was surprised, he managed to hide it well. Is hyung being serious? So he really likes Minhwan? He clenched his fingers tight, to fight or to give in, the choice is yours… Jonghun’s words kept replaying in his mind. The echoes of those words were soon enough replaced by Minhwan’s smile and laughter.

 

I will…

 

“I’m sorry, hyung,” Seunghyun said.

 

…fight.

 

“I can’t give him to you,” Seunghyun gathered his courage, “because I really love him.”

 

Jaejin remained silent.

 

“If he is in love with someone else, I will win his heart over. I will make his heart mine,” Seunghyun ended with a serious tone. “If he continuously rejects me, I have no choice but to let him go, to let him find the person that he really loves. But my heart will never change. Not for an eternity.”

 

“Then prove it,” Jaejin said, “I want to see if you can keep your promise.”

 

“I will,” Seunghyun said. He bowed slightly to Jaejin and turned his heel to leave. Jaejin smiled to himself. Successful! Finally, after almost an ‘eternity’, he tried copying Seunghyun’s choice of word, he’d decided to make a move. Jaejin was about to laugh out loud when he heard footsteps running towards him.

 

“You!” Jaejin pointed at the panting Seunghyun, “What are you still doing here? I thought you said you’re going to take action?”

 

“Hyung,” Seunghyun said as soon as he regained his breath, “Let’s have a fair fight.”

 

Jaejin almost collapsed when he heard what the boy blurted, “What?”

 

“I said,” Seunghyun repeated, “Let’s have a fair fight. For Minhwan.”

 

“Wait, wait, Seunghyun, “ Jaejin tried to explain, “You misunderstood!”

 

Seunghyun’s expression showed those of confusion. “I… misunderstood? But-”

 

“I was just trying to help, really. I don’t have that kind of… feelings for Minhwan. I treat him as my friend, my comrade, a part of FT Island, that’s all. Nothing more than that,” Jaejin said, “Minhwan is… Uhm… He’s, how should I put it? He’s… not my type. Yeah, that’s it, he’s not my type.” Jaejin finished.

 

“Oh.” Seunghyun broke into a huge grin. “That’s good news.” He smiled stupidly before rushing forward and cuddled the shorter Jaejin. “Hyung, I’m so happy!”

 

“Wait, you-” Jaejin’s voice was muffled. He struggled to release himself from the younger boy. “Go and hug Minhwan, not me, for God’s sake.” He readjusted his messed up hair.

 

“Yes!” Seunghyun dashed off towards their dorm.

 

Jaejin sighed at the boy’s enthusiasm. “If I didn’t help those two silly monkeys, I wonder when will they realize their love for each other?” Jaejin rubbed his chin. “I’m such a nice hyung,” he told himself, “Perfect, Jaejin, perfect.” Jaejin paused for a moment. “Oh my God. Did I just say ‘I’m such a nice hyung’ and ‘perfect’ to myself? This is bad, looks like I’m infected with Hongki-hyung’s self-praise disease.”

 

The bassist walked back to the dorm slowly. “Now,” Jaejin muttered, “since I triggered both Minhwan and Seunghyun, I wonder who will first confess?”


 

TBC

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating for so long..! ): And I'm sorry this story's so utterly short, next chapter should be the last chapter already..