Minhwan's Third Kiss

Tell Me You Love Me

 

* italic - thoughts

 

Tell Me You Love Me

 

[Chapter 1]

 

“Jonghun ah,” Hongki nervously stated. The lead singer had asked the FT Island leader to come to his room alone after that night’s dinner. Said Jonghun was as confused as ever when he heard Hongki’s weird request. What’s up with this guy? At the same time, he was worried as well. Worried if Hongki was going to tell him a bad news. Worried if Hongki caused any problems. Worried if Hongki would tell him something ridiculous, for example, he would be leaving the band just like how Wonbin did. He tried to shake his thoughts off.

 

“Yes, Hongki, you said you have something to tell me?” Jonghun felt uneasy within the serious atmosphere between him and Hongki.

 

“Yeah,” Hongki said, “I need to tell you something important.” He looked behind Jonghun’s back. “Close the door first.”

 

Jonghun pushed the door close, but he didn’t know that Hongki’s door needed to be pushed really hard to secure it there. Right after the moment Jonghun’s hand left the doorknob, Hongki’s door reopened a little, revealing a tiny gap which was however, oblivious to them both.

 

Jonghun stood in front of Hongki, “You can say it now.”

 

Hongki’s eyes wandered around his room, trying to buy some time. He looked at Jonghun again, ready to tell, but yet he hesitated.

 

Jonghun sensed his nervousness and said, “There’s nothing that you can’t tell me,” Jonghun smiled gently.

 

A short silence enveloped them, before Hongki gathered all of his nerves and said the words out.



 

 

Minhwan finished washing the dishes, and went out to the living room to join Jaejin that was listening to the news attentively. Just when he passed Hongki’s room, he heard the most unexpected three words from his hyung; ‘I love you.’

 

That caught his attention and he stared into the room through the small gap of the door. He strained his eyes and saw Jonghun’s back facing him, with Hongki’s face flushed a dark crimson colour. Minhwan heard it again.

 

“I love you, Jonghun. It started after Wonbin left. You were by my side, comforting me and stuffs like that after Wonbin made the decision to leave. I wouldn’t have overcome it without your help. He was a really close friend to me after all. You can laugh all you want, but I just need to get it out of me.”

 

Minhwan turned his attention to Jonghun, but the leader seemed like a statue, unmoving. Oh God, Hongki-hyung likes Jonghun-hyung, I really didn’t know that. Why isn’t Jonghun-hyung saying anything?

 

When Minhwan was in his thoughts trying to process the new information, Jonghun leaned in and closed the gap between him and Hongki. Minhwan gasp and covered his mouth immediately, afraid of being found out. His mind kept telling him to leave these two in private, but his feet wouldn’t move a step. The maknae’s eyes widen as Hongki s his arms around Jonghun’s neck, and Jonghun’s arms rested around Hongki’s hips. Jonghun’s hand moved up slowly, his palm touching Hongki’s cheek gently as they continued kissing.

 

Suddenly, Minhwan’s eyes were covered by a pair of hands, and he was immediately dragged away from his spot. Said person removed his hands and Minhwan rubbed his eyes to attain a better view. “Jaejin-hyung!”

 

“Yahh, it’s not very nice to get involved in other people’s privacy.”

 

“I know,” the maknae protested, “I wasn’t peeking intentionally, I was just paralyzed and rooted to the spot, that’s all.”

 

“Hahaha!” Jaejin laughed, “What’s this, you’re blushing?” He ruffled the boy’s hair.

 

Minhwan pushed Jaejin’s hands away. “No,” Minhwan mumbled, “I’m not blushing.”

 

“Yes, you are!” Jaejin ignored Minhwan’s protests and continued ruffling his hair. Oblivious to Jaejin and Minhwan, Seunghyun was watching them from somewhere behind. Seunghyun felt a pang of hurt and jealousy burning inside of him. He put on a smile and joined the both of them. “What happened? Minhwan,” he looked at the younger boy, “your face is… pink.”

 

Jaejin burst out laughing again and said, “Yeah, he just saw Jonghun-hyung and Hongki-hyung’s live kissing.”

 

Seunghyun repeated Jaejin’s words, alarmed, “Jonghun-hyung and Hongki-hyung kissing? You mean, they like each other?”

 

Jaejin rolled his eyes, “Of course, only the both of you can be so clueless. It’s very obvious, you know, the stares that Hongki-hyung and Jonghun-hyung has been giving each other.”

 

“Really?” Seunghyun needed time to process the information as well. The three of them sat on the floor in a small, deformed circle. “But I’m surprised, though,” Minhwan said.

 

“About them kissing?” Jaejin said, “Well, it’s normal if you really like that person.”

 

Minhwan stared at the ceiling aimlessly, “I guess.”

 

Jaejin elbowed Minhwan and said teasingly, “Haven’t you kissed someone before?”

 

“No!” Minhwan said almost immediately, “My first and second kiss wasn’t counted.”

 

Seunghyun was astonished. “Hey, Minhwan,” he asked, curious, “Who gave you your first and second kiss?”

 

“Uhm,” Minhwan tried avoiding Jaejin’s teasing smile and Seunghyun’s intense gaze, “My first was with Jonghun-hyung, but no, we’re not in that kind of special relationship,” he explained, “My second was with Jonghun-hyung also, but that was accidental,” Minhwan finished, a slight blush crept to his cheeks.

 

‘Oh’ was all Seunghyun managed. He felt hurt listening to Minhwan’s description. Jonghun-hyung was his first and second. I hope no one will be his third. If there is, I wish it’ll be mine, he said quietly in his heart.

 

“So,” Jaejin’s voice brought him back to reality, “you don’t have your third yet?”

 

“No.”

 

Jaejin grinned. He moved his face closer to Minhwan’s till his lips touched Minhwan’s slightly. Both Minhwan and Seunghyun were shocked upon Jaejin’s sudden movement. None moved, not even Minhwan, till Jaejin tilted his head back, away from Minhwan. “There goes your third, given to you sincerely by your ever-so-loveable hyung,” Jaejin ended his sentence with an innocent smile.

 

“Hyung!” Minhwan was first to speak, his hands covering his lips. Jaejin laughed it off when he saw Minhwan’s face turning tomato red. He’s so adorable, really. Minhwan left Seunghyun and Jaejin alone at the living hall and went to the kitchen to get some food, as to avoid the embarrassment as well.

 

Meanwhile, Seunghyun unclenched both his fists, which he didn’t realize he was holding on so tightly. He turned his attention to Jaejin, “Hyung, you like Minhwan, don’t you? Do you have that kind of special feelings for him?” Seunghyun inquired.

 

“Hmm,” Jaejin thought for a second and answered with a smile, “He’s cute.”

 

Seunghyun assumed that his answer was a ‘yes’ and felt disappointed. Jaejin-hyung liked Minhwan after all. “Hyung,” Seunghyun said, “I’ll get into my room now. I’m tired and need to rest. Goodnight.” That said and Seunghyun left Jaejin alone there, without waiting for Jaejin’s reply.

 

“Wait,” Jaejin tried to stop him, “I’m bored, talk to me! I can give you a kiss too if you want~!” Too late, Seunghyun left. “What’s up with him?” He asked himself. “He’s so weird today.”

 

He resumed watching news on television, till his mind came across something interesting. Could it be that Seunghyun’s jealous? If yes then probably he likes Minhwan. His fingers tingled in excitement. Yes, yes, I’m sure about that. He looked lost and alarmed when I kissed Minhwan. He was even interested about Minhwan’s first and second kiss. He was disappointed when he found out that Jonghun was Minhwan’s first and second. Definitely, I’m on the right track! He giggled stupidly. But how do I prove that?

 

Jaejin smirked. I will definitely think of something. I will prove that I’m right about this.



 

 

TBC

 

A/N: I feel the characters are out of character. ): And the second half of the story doesn't make much sense. But still. I couldn't think of an other way to start. Grrr. And as usual, grammatical errors. Is there any way to improve grammar? TT