Chapter 2

It's You (너라고)

 

 

AHYOUNG POV

 

Two days have passed. When I reached my room, I got pissed off when I saw my desk full of powder. I tried to clean it as fast as I can while my other classmates were just looking at me. I have them my death glare. I sat down finally and the class went on. When break time came, I was about to step out of my classroom when I saw Jonghoon. I just believed to myself that it's not Jonghoon whom I spilled my drinks off. I walked out confidently but then he stopped right in front of me. I gulped as he looked at me. “So that was really Jonghoon on the cafeteria.” I hit my head and he just laughed. He then gave me a cup of drink. I wonder why and just stared at it. “Just get it. Okay?” He said, I got scared so I reached for it then he went away and I heard laughs. I rolled my eyes and ignored it. I took a sip and it was the worst drink that I ever taste. I keep on coughing and ran to the nearest drinking fountain that I can see. I drank a lot to clear my throat with that stupid taste. I get the drink again and tried to smell it. “This must be a combination of soy sauce and fish sauce. This is the start of hell.” I threw it then just go back to my room and yes, I'm not eating again this break. I will just tell umma to just pack me some food everyday.

 

The same things go as day passed by. Jonghoon's group is bullying me but I am just trying to ignore it because I don't want to make it big. I tried to be patient with them and waited for the time that they will get tired of doing that. I guess that time will come. I sighed and took my snack from my snack and it's on a pororo lunch box. I giggled because as a 9-year old I really love pororo so much. I opened it with a smile then suddenly, 3 people came inside our classroom. I guess they are 5th graders according to their name plate.”Why?” As I asked them as they gathered around me. One guy took my pororo lunch box and I got mad so I stood up. “What's your problem?” I bravely asked them but then the two girls hold both of my hands and pushed me to sit down. The three ran out of the room laughing while me, I got double pain. Pain because the girls pushed me hard to sit down and the pain that I'm not eating anything again and my umma will be mad if I lost that lunchbox. My eyes get watery and just buried my face in my hands. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder and I didn't move an inch because I think that it's the 5thth graders again. That person tapped me again so I had no choice to check it. It was a guy and I don't know what grade he belongs. He then offered me a sandwich and a strawberry juice. I refused to get it. “No, it's okay.” Thinking that it was Jonghoon's plan again but then he gave me a smile enough for me to believe that it's edible. I then accepted it. “Thank.... thank you for this. Sorry to bother.” He just smiled and went out. I stood up, “Wait. What's your name? Hey..Wait!” He didn't even bother to look and he's gone. I just smiled and sat down again to eat the food he gave me. Luckily, it wasn't a prank, it's really edible but how come I never notice that guy here. When I finish eating, I came out of the room to throw my trash and I got shocked when I saw my pororo lunch box on the trash can. I quickly took it out and when I opened, there's nothing on it. I sighed but at least, my mom will not get mad at me. I remembered that that morning, Himchan Oppa told me that's he's picking me up after school since his class will finish the same time as me. So after class, I stayed on the waiting shed outside my school for him. After 10 minutes, he appeared and carried my things.

 

Do you want to take a cab or bus?” He asked me.

Oppa. Our house is just 15 minutes from here!”

I was just asking maybe my baby sister is tired.”

I'm fine don't worry.”

I'll give you a piggy back ride and buy you an ice cream. Call?”

Yeah and what do I need to do?”

Sleep early.” He said.

Why?”

You're just 9 years old and you always stay up late when doing so much school works. You still need rest and I will stay beside you until you fall asleep. Don't cheat. No buts. We're going to the ice cream store.

 

I just giggled with that and played with his hair which he doesn't like. I have my ice cream already and keep on telling me to be careful on eating it because it might melt and fall on his precious hair. When we both reached home. Himchan told our umma that we, two, will eat early. “Okay babies!” Umma said and I laughed as I look at Oppa since he doesn't want to be called as baby by mom, sweeetie will do. We watched a movie first on the living room while umma is cooking. After an hour, it's cooked already and we both rushed to the dining table and had our early dinner. “Umma, aren't you going to eat now?” Himchan Oppa asked. “Not yet. I'll wait for your dad.”, She answered so I just nodded and continue chewing the yummiest food that my mom made. Sounds cheesy but it's true. When we finished eating, we rested for awhile.

 

Hey, Kim Ahyoung. Wash up now.”

Eh?”

Ga.” I pouted then get my towel and washed up.

 

After 15 minutes, I'm ready to sleep. I lay down on my bed but then I think of what's happening with me on school. I suddenly think what if they get worse as days pass by. Actually, I easily got scared with simple things but I'm trying to change it. I just hope that they will stop it soon since I'm not fighting back or not telling it to others. Himchan Oppa suddenly came inside. He sat beside me as he do some textings. “Sleep now, Ahyoung.” But then I get up and sat on my bed. He put down his phone and face me.

 

Oppa. What will you do if people on school bully you?” Himchan Oppa's eyebrows arched when he heard my question.

Why? Someone is bullying you? Tell me and I will tell your principal to expel him or her or whatever!” He angrily said those words.

Aniyo. It's not that. I was just asking since there's this group on my school who bullies their hoobae. I was just a bit off by that because I pity the victim so much and she's not even fighting back of course.”

Well, if that's the case. That victim should tell it to your teacher or parents because what if things will get worse. You know what there's so many effects of bullying. It makes the victim be depressed.” Himchan Oppa pinned my fringe on the side and help to lie down on the bed and put blanket on. I finally fall asleep after that. Himchan fell asleep too on my bed.