Together

Hero of the fire

 

"Luhan... I-I´m sorry..." Xiumin said weakly, clearly beginning to faint again. Luhan looked startled at the phone, then realised yet again how weak Xiumin was.

"It´s okay... It´s okay, Xiumin hang on..." without trying to pick up the phone from the ground, he continued to walk down the stairs, his back torturing him more for each step. He could feel Xiumin become heavier when he fainted on his back, and Luhan quickly supported him so he didn´t fell off. The stairs seemed never ending. The sound of a siren came closer, and mixed with the sound of the fire alarm - making Luhan confused and his head ache. Many times he needed to stop and either rest his tired body or cough out his lungs, which felt like they were soaked in the dark smoke. His vision blurred more and more often, but every time he felt like fainting he thought of the others and Xiumin on his back, and knew that he couldn´t give up. Both for his own life and the others - He didn´t wanted to die in a fire.

He wanted to die old in his bed surrounded by those he loved. He imagined himself being old - and he imagined himself being old together with Sehun living a happy life where they didn´t need to hide their relationship from everyone to be accepted. What did their ual preference change anyway? Luhan felt a growing urge to see Sehun, and to know that he was okay and wasn´t inside the building trying to find him.

 

If Luhan hadn´t felt Xiumins heart against his back and the boy´s unsecure breathing, he would have feared that Xiumin was death by now, but as long as the breathing continued he felt safe in the thought that he still lived - despite the weakness and the unconsciousness state he was in.

Suddenly Luhan reached the last step and with his last remaining strength, he pushed the door open and walked out. Outside the sun shined brightly above them, while firemen ran around making the scenario look chaotic. Behind a shutoff the other members was hold back by some people he didn´t recognize.

A fireman run towards Luhan and tried to take Xiumin away from him. At first he refused.

"It´s okay, you´re safe now... it´s okay let go"

"but..."

"You´re out, he needs help"

 Then Luhan let go, feeling only relief. Everything was going to be okay.
As soon as his burden was gone his legs couldn´t carry him anymore, and he collapsed from fatigue onto the ground, his vision blurring even worse than before, which made his eyes look like there was some kind of veil in front of them. He coughed weakly trying to keep awake but the urge to sleep was overwhelming.

Out of nowhere Luhan felt strong arms around him and a familiar voice:

"Luhan, oh dear god Luhan...."

He opened his eyes but saw only white fog for what felt like eternities. Then when his eyes was available to focus again, he looked straight into the eyes of non other than Sehun.

"Never do that to me again! Never, do you understand? I was so nervous.... I was afraid that I had lost you... you´re Xiumin´s hero - and mine!" before Luhan could answer he felt Sehuns lips on his own. Too tired to resist and too relieved to care if anyone saw them, he returned the kiss with passion only breaking it because his pore already tried lungs needed air. He turned his head and coughed weakly again before turning back to look at Sehun. The expression on Sehuns face had turned more gloomy and serious, an expression Luhan also knew as his lover´s nervous expression.

"You´re in pain..." Sehun said and lifted him from the ground before Luhan could do anything. Refusing help from the firemen Sehun carried him to an ambulance and forced him to lay down until a doctor could check up on him.

"I´m okay... My lungs.... just tired" Luhan tried, feeling his Korean vocabulary insufficient for once. Sehun didn´t seem to mind the lack of words as he just kept gently touching Luhan´s hair and cheeks without taking his eyes of him.

"I love you, Luhan.... d-don´t ever leave me," his voice seemed to fail him halfway through the sentence, but it only made Luhan´s heart beat faster because the whole situation was so emotional.

"... I love you too, Sehun". He laid his arm around Sehun pulling him into a tight hug and connected their lips again. "I really do".

 

---------------><><><---------------------

 

This was so difficult to write, and I know it ! Totally ruined the story, sorry.... - I really need to do something about my English writing ability and vocabulary (and gramma)!