CHAPTER 27

Please remember again...

 

~ 27 ~

 

So here I was, standing still at the same spot not believing my own eyes who I was seeing at this right moment. Victoria came out of nowhere; she’s disappeared together with Khun and Taec, they all have been gone for 3 months now. What was the reason she came back? I have this odd feeling she didn’t do it with any good intentions. Let’s be honest, it’s Victoria in the end.

“Woo! You speech was AWE-SOME!” Chan suddenly appeared and stopped my on-going thoughts. He completely covered Victoria as his big face was the only thing my eyes could spot.

“Thanks…uuumm, you know maybe..why is she here?” I silently asked to not to be seem so curious.

“Hmm?” Chan was obviously confused so I had to point at her but I did it really quick so she wouldn’t notice.

“I have no freakin’ idea, Woo” he did his stupid puppy face. “Go talk to her. I’ll search for Junho instead” he said and left me alone.

As soon as there was nobody surrounding me anymore, Victoria put her steps into my direction. She had a huge smile plastered on her face while I was awkwardly trying to avoid her coming gaze.

“Wooyoungie! Congrats on graduating from high school!” she screamed and handled me the big flower bouquet. Victoria then opened her arms wide and came to give me a hug. It’s been a long time since I last felt something like this; it’s been ages since someone last hugged me, especially Victoria – this annoying girl, who had some complicated feelings towards Nichkhun.

Her embrace was really tight as always. I wasn’t able to say anything so I just stayed still like that until she finally let go. She must’ve felt this tense between us. She gave me a strange look, the one I’ve never seen before. She was staring at me like I was her enemy or something.

Suddenly I recalled this one moment on the roof when I caught them arguing…frankly, over me. I don’t know what happened next to Victoria, how she felt. I was more concerned over Khun’s condition. What happened the day after…I wish I never ever remembered.

“Wooyoung, once you’re done with everything…can we go grab some coffee? I..have things to talk with you” she said and kind of gorgeously looked me in the eyes.

I just nodded and she left in the crowd.

“Ya ya ya! Woodong! It’s time for the last pic!” Chan hurried me up to get outside.

“Coming!”  I said and left gym.

It’s gonna be a tough day…

~~~~~~~

Victoria and I ended up in the nearby coffee shop. I rarely go to any of such places. I always get those weird feelings around this kind of shops. I try to avoid every single place with has anything to do with Khun, and this one wasn’t an exception. But I couldn’t say that to Victoria…

“Wooyoung…” she started as I was taking a sip from my latte. She’s been staring at her cup for a long while until she finally spoke.

“I broke up with Taec” she said with her eyes getting slowly wet.

I just looked at my mug. I didn’t know what should I say to her. Should I comfort her in some way or something? I was never good at such things. I was usually the one being comforted, it never happened the other way around. I just stayed quite…

“You’re probably wondering why I’m telling you this, right?”… “no certain reason..”

“Is everything ok?” I only managed to say this. I still avoided her sight. Speaking to her was really hard for me. Just looking at her face made me remember all those moments from the past which I wanted to forget so badly but couldn’t because of her now.

“I guess I should say yes…it was for the best, since…I didn’t have any feelings for him”

That’s right. You had those damn feelings for Khun.

“Did you guys came back to Thailand?” I asked and tried not to show any interest either. I didn’t want her to think I want to know so badly, but actually I was really curious.

“Yes. But we don’t contact each other anymore..”

“What about…” I stopped. My mouth suddenly started to say things I didn’t wanted to say.

Victoria looked at me with no emotions on her face. She blinked a few times and just answered with simple:

“I don’t know where he is”.

My mind went blank. How come she didn’t know where he was? I thought they all left to get away from me.

“Nichkhun…both me and Taecyeon lost the contact with him even though we left one day after him” She continued despite seeing me in disbelief.

“We tried to ask his family but they all claim he’s fine and there’s no need for us to get worried”

I felt so stupid to sit there in silence for all this time. Khun disappeared and I acted all like I didn’t care. I did care but I couldn’t show that to Victoria. I need to get over him and this wouldn’t help it at all.

“Don’t you know where he is? Overall, wasn’t he your boyfriend?” She seemed very irritated now.

“Victoria…Khun’s issues are nothing to do with me anymore…” I stood up and left the 20k money note and headed to the exit door.

“Nichkhun claimed he really loved you…” I stopped hearing those words. I didn’t turned around though.

“He didn’t want to break up with you when I begged him to..cause he said he loved you” my eyes got wet and it was just a matter of time when the tears start to flow. I hold tight my fists in order to hold my emotions.

“…I guess it was another bunch of lies he told me…”

I couldn’t stand it anymore. I had to leave this place. I don’t blame Victoria. all of those things she said, they were true. Nichkhun never loved me. I was a one-time thing for him. He used me to protect his crush, to prevent her from hurting. Instead he hurt me, a whole lot. I should be hating him for all this pain but somehow I can’t make myself to do so. Nichkhun ended up hurting not only me…but also Victoria.

……

The sun has already set. Once I got home I noticed a car parked right in front of our gate. We hardly ever had any guests so I was kinda shocked to see the vehicle here. I quietly opened the door and coincidently overheard a conversation between my parents and this someone.

“How’s his condition now?” the man’s voice asked. I got a slight look at him. He was a middle-aged man like my dad, maybe it’s his friend…I think I saw him already. As I took some time to remember…he was this person who’d come one in a few years to our place. I never talked to him though.

“He fainted a few times during a year but nothing’s more serious didn’t happen” my mom said softly. Did she mean me? Why would this person want to know my condition? Who was he to me?

“So I guess he’s getting better as he grows up” the man took out some papers and looked through them.

It was clearly obvious they were talking about me. I didn’t mean to stay here and hear all of those stuff since my parents probably don’t want me to listen to them either but somehow I wanted to know more, what all of them has been hiding from me for all this time.

“What about his head? Does it still hurt?” he asked again. Was he my doctor or something? I can’t recall going to him once? And how did he know about my headaches?

“He didn’t complain about that to us…” my mom admitted though she seemed she wasn’t sure about something.

I couldn’t stay here, at the doorsteps forever. I’ve decided to make it as I just got home, like I wasn’t here for all this time. I tiptoed to the door, opened it slowly without any noise and closed them right away but so loudly so they could knew I was back.

The conversation immediately stopped. My mom went out from the living room to greet me. She tried to cover everything with a fake smile and I pretended to buy it all.

“Wooyounga, you’re home really early. I thought you’d be partying right now with your friends since it’s your graduation day today” she was quite shocked I was home but normally at this hour he would scold me for getting home so late.

“I didn’t feel like partying today…” I admitted and headed to the living room.

“This is your dad’s friend from collage, Mr. Park Jin Young” my mom introduced me to our guest.

“It’s nice to meet you” I greeted him and bowed.

I was about to go upstairs to my room when my mom grabbed me from my shoulder.

“There’s someone who’s been waiting for you for a while now”

“Hmmm? For me? Who?” I didn’t expect any guest today. My mom smiled and pointed at our kitchen.

I opened the door and smelled something good. I think it were cookies. It was really familiar. Cookies I haven’t tasted for ages…

Behind the counter I could see a slim figure. Her back was facing me as she was looking at something in our fridge. And I though nothing else would surprise me today…I think I was wrong.

I stared at her like as I’ve seen a ghost. I didn’t believe she came back…

“IU…” I mumbled.

Ji eun, as it was her real name,  got started from my sudden appearance. She quickly turned around and as soon as she saw me she widened her eyes and smiled.

“Wooyoungaaaaaaa!” she screamed and ran clumsily to me ready for a hug. She put her arms tightly around my neck and started to jump crazily without no end.

“I can’t believe it…Woo, I missed you soooooooo much!!!!” her embrace became even more tight now. I could hardly breath, I felt like chocking.

Suddenly I smelled something weird in the air.

“Ji euna…”

“Hmmm? What?” she asked with a cute voice. I don’t even remember if it was her really voice or is she just acting cute now.

“I think you burned your cookies…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Whooohooo! Meet new character in the family! I really wanted to add someone new to this story and it ended up with IU. I like her but I do not ship Milky couple or so...

As always: SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT & FOLLOW ON TWITTER @hottieangang  for more updates about me and my writing ok  ;3  ?  -----> https://twitter.com/hottieangang ^^

 

 

.