Page 3

The Pages Of Their Book

Author's notes: I have to thank the following readers: ILoveMyYoong, naseba, vanhamdo and weloveyoona. If it weren't for your comments, I would not have the diligence to type all of these down. I was honestly planning to update this story by next week but then you guys just happened to be so wonderful. I am also grateful to the people who subscribed. I may not be able to personally thank all of you but I hope this chapter could make up for it.


It was the fact that she finally debuted and was now under the scrutinity of the public that gave Donghae the heartache of a lifetime. Although he was really happy when he heard the news for the first time, the unforeseen emergence of celebrity fanboys, love lines and drama offers which came along with unavoidable kissing scenes, infuriated him all the while.

Given that Yoona has idealistic features and sweet charms, it was no wonder why she was an instant hit among the male population. What surprised Donghae was that many male idols were so vocally honest and expressive about the fact that they like her.

He remembered watching an episode of Idol Army where SNSD and 2PM were the guests and hosts respectively. He was highly amused to see Yoona on TV but started to get worried (and angry) when he noticed the glances and smiles that Nickhun and Chansung were giving her. The public may thought that it was just for a show but, in the perspective of a man, Donghae knew the meaning behind such actions.

Another time was when Yoona was casted as a regular in Family Outing Season 2 along with Heechul and yet another 2PM member, Taecyeon. Donghae actually found the show quite appealing until the producers came up with the insidious idea of pairing Yoona with Taecyeon, in hopes of increasing the viewership ratings. Donghae was obviously not pleased especially when he saw the provocative dance that the beastly idol performed in front of Yoona. That night, he begged his Heechul-hyung to invite him over as a guest and miraculously, Heechul agreed without any condition.

Donghae then found himself filming with the family for the next three days. He gave Taecyeon a your-tomb-is-being-prepared glare the moment he arrived on set and then proceeded on greeting the others. He saw how surprised Yoona was on his sudden guest appearance and so he decided to   about it. Donghae walked coolly towards her and leaned down so only she could hear, "I haven't been seeing you lately, Yoona. I really missed you." Perhaps it was his imagination but Yoona's face went beet red that time. He smirked at himself and was sure that it was far by the happiest moment of his life.

Donghae spent the rest of the day playing around with Yoona in between takes. He would either join Heechul and Jo Kwon in making fun of her or even to the extent that she cried and told him to go to hell and die. Donghae was so taken aback that he quickly gave Yoona a lollipop as a way of offering peace. The girl pouted at this but she eventually accepted the candy and stuck her toungue out at Donghae. He found her actions cute so he pinched both of her cheeks which quickly earned him a painful shoulder slap from Yoona herself.

That night, after sucessfully securing the sleeping place beside her, he swiftly planted a kiss on her forehead and bid her goodnight. At dawn, while everyone was fast asleep, he felt her shivered next to him and as if his body had a mind of its own, he pulled her closer to him and let her head rest against his chest while he wrapped his arms around her tiny waist.

"Just for a while, Yoona. Let's stay like this... just for a while."

Donghae held on those precious memories until fate decided to messed with him again. The Super Junior members were practicing their dance routine when Siwon happily barged in their practice room, announcing that he and Yoona were casted as a couple in an upcoming drama. Everyone else cheered for their friend but all Donghae could give Siwon was a blank expression.

To make matters worse, Kyuhyun had cheekily added, "As a couple? I think you really are lucky Siwon-hyung! You might end up having a kissing scene with Yoona and we all knew that she never had a boyfriend so you might as well be her first kiss."

At this, the members started throwing teasing remarks at Siwon. Donghae, on the other hand, was at lost for words. He quietly slipped out of their practice room and started to walk in a lost state until a familiar voice called on to him. He turned around to see the very girl that was haunting his thoughts.

"Yoona..." he said in a very low tone.

Yoona stood happily in front of the older guy but instantly furrowed her eyebrows when he noticed that Donghae was not in his usual self.

"Oppa..." she started. "You don't look well, is something the matter?"

Donghae opened his mouth but did not answer her, instead he asked, "Yoona, you do value your first kiss right?"

Yoona appeared to be quite shocked by his question but she, nonetheless, thought about it and answered, "For me, a girl's first kiss could never be forgotten. But then again, I think it's her last that would have a big place in her heart."

"So is it okay to you even if your first kiss is with someone you don't really love? Like, for example, a co-star in a drama?"

"Hmmm... I don't really know oppa. It's not like I already had my first kiss." she said as a matter-of-factly before waving her hand at Donghae and started walking past him. 

It was then when his body reacted quite abruptly and he turned around just in time to stopped Yoona as he hugged her from behind.

"People have different views on everything." Donghae huskily said. "But you know, I would rather die than not to have the first kiss of the girl I've been loving for the longest time." With that, he turned Yoona around to face him, as he swifly leaned in and claimed her lips with his.