Page 2

The Pages Of Their Book

Author's notes: Thank you so much to all the people who found time to read (and review) the first chapter as well as to those who have included Pages Of Their Book on their subscription list. I am honestly beyond thrilled that this story was given the chance to be loved. You are all amazing. 


Donghae could not believe his luck.

It was just yesterday when he was so jealous at Siwon that he almost considered introducing his fist to his friend's face. The reason, of course, had something to do with the girl that, although Donghae would not admit it yet, happened to be the object of his affection. 

It all started when Yoona arrived at the shooting place of their music video. Given the fact that she just came from a CF filming, the girl was looking  tired and worn-out. The members all greeted her warmly but it seemed that Siwon had his own way of cheering her up. He gave Yoona a gentle hug and even kissed the top of her head. Heechul, Kangin and Kyuhyun exchanged knowing glances at this while the others seemed not to care. Donghae, on the other hand, had this wishful thinking of turning into You-Know-Who so that he could relentlessly cast a killing curse and aimed it straight at Siwon.

To add to the injury, Donghae could only stare as Leeteuk happily fed Yoona some rice roll during filming break. Even Kyuhyun, whom Yoona have known for less than a year,  had been chattering freely with her. He was in the verge of losing his mind (his heart, rather) when fortunately, their manager came with a news that turned the table of events, upside-down.

Apparently, the schedule for the magazine photoshoot that he, Siwon, Kibum and Yoona were in was moved to another day due to a change in concept.

"The director said they wanted to include some water elements in it and so they planned on changing the photoshoot location, probably at a nearby pool." the manager explained. "I was also reminded that everyone should know how to swim; the basics at least."

Yoona's eyes widened at the sudden news and she gave the manager a worried look. The older man was quick to noticed this and he kindly told Yoona that he was already aware of her situation and that he already had a solution at hand. He then eyed every Super Junior member and said, "Our Yoona here lack skills in swimming so I am thinking that one of you guys could help her out. I have already reviewed all of your schedules and everyone seemed to have some spare time. So, any volunteer?"

Donghae knew that this would be a perfect opportunity to be closer to Yoona but he somehow had this feeling of hesitation inside him. It was not until he saw Kibum about to volunteer that he decided to beat the odds. He swiftly raised his right hand and shouted, "Hyung! I'll do it! I think I'm the best choice, I'm a fish after all!"

And so, as the result of his so-called bravery, Donghae was now faced with the task of teaching Yoona the basics of swimming in a span of two days. He was feeling nervous at first, but he regretted none of his actions the moment he saw Yoona standing beautifully in her swimming attire. He gave her a friendly smile which she shyly returned and Donghae could have sworn that he almost had the urge to kiss her at that very instant. 

"I only have one rule regarding this swimming lesson. I promise to teach you well but in exchange, you have to call me oppa."

Yoona was quite surprised at what her senior had said but she eventually nodded.

It was Donghae's turn to be surprised as he said in a disbelieving tone, "Re... really? You will call me o... op... oppa? Will you, can you... can you try saying it?"

"Donghae-oppa..." Yoona said clearly.

Donghae's heart melted. He had been dying to hear those words from her own mouth and it just  happened. It really did. He was so happy that he actually dived in the pool. He threw his arms wide open and excitedly said to Yoona, "Let's start now then! Jump and come to oppa!"

Yoona blushed at Donghae's choice of words. He seemed to realized it as well as he started blabbering things while trying to properly explain what he meant. It was as if Yoona decided to save him from further embarassment that she quietly went down to the pool and gave him another smile. Donghae was simply in heaven.

After a few hours of kicking and moments of almost being drowned, Yoona learned how to float. She was not a fast-learner, as Donghae noticed her to be, but she worked hard to learn it all by heart. There were awkward moments brought about by the  sudden skinships but it was not as if it can be helped. 

Once he saw that his student can almost float perfectly, he decided to take her on one of the pool's deep side. He momentarily guided her and as she swam fairly in a distance, he let go of her. This deemed to be a wrong move as Yoona started to panic the moment she realized that Donghae was nowhere near her.

Donghae immediately went to her side and was taken aback as Yoona embraced him tightly. He quickly returned her gesture and started her hair as he knew that the girl was so scared with the way her heart was beating against his chest. He nuzzled his  nose at the temple of her head and softly whisphered comforting words against her ear.

"It's okay Yoona, it's okay. Oppa is  here. Shhh... I'm here."

The two of them stayed like that until Yoona realized  the position they were in and attempted to pull back only to be stopped by Donghae who continued to hold the younger girl until they reached the narrow side of the pool.

He helped her as she cliimbed out of the pool and settled on one side. Donghae also got himself out of  the water and sat beside her. Silence enveloped the two of them until Yoona decided to speak.

"O... oppa, I'm really sor-"

"You don't have to be sorry, Yoona. The way you've reacted was just normal. Why don't you just give oppa a smile? It would really make his day." he said as he gently lifted Yoona's chin.

Yoona laughed at Donghae's antics but did what she was told to and flashed him a smile.

"Thank you oppa." she started. "Thank you for volunteering to do this kind of thing for me."

Donghae placed his index finger at the tip of Yoona's nose before saying, "It will forever be my pleasure."