First met

Love at first sight

[ CHUNJI'S POV ]


I can’t believe that she made me go to detention. First, she confesses to me in the most weird way ever. She’s pretty, really beautiful, smart… every guy wanted to be in my shoes that day, but she isn't my type, and she didn't accept that well. After 3 or 4 days she started to stalk me and I really got scared when she appeared in front of my house at 11 PM begging for good enough reasons for me to not want her. I tried my best to think hard in something good enough, and five minutes later I found myself telling her that I actually am GAY and have a BOYfriend. I made a little scene asking her to not tell this to anyone and she agreed but she wanted to see my inexistent boyfriend before agreeing with finally leaving me alone.

I tried my best to avoid her until now.  Out of nowhere a teacher called me and told me that I got detention for entering the girl’s washroom. The teacher showed me a picture of ‘me’ getting out of there. For sure that was not me and probably a stupid photoshopped picture, and just being as silly as this teacher to believe that. It didn't take me long to figure out who was behind such picture, when I went to the detention classroom. She was there, smirking devilishly to me. She insisted that she will only leave me alone after seeing my boyfriend and it has been 2 days since we made that stupid deal. What am I supposed to do now? I’m not even gay, how will I get myself a boyfriend? And to make things worse, my mouth replied on its own that he is waiting for me at the school's gates. Seriously, I really need to keep my mouth shut sometimes.

It sure looks like when you don't want it to, time flies. I felt like I just blinked twice when the teacher appeared and told us to not get in trouble anymore and we are allowed to leave. I slowly grabbed my bag and went to the restroom. She stopped at the door and whispered a hushed ‘I’m waiting right here.’ I felt my hands sweating and now what can I do? To just accept her feelings sound so wrong, specially with how psycho she turned out to be. And at this time, probably no one is here anymore. Where I will find a guy willing to pretend that he is my boyfriend? I must be crazy, I am crazy. Ok, Chunji you can do it! Just pretend that he left already because he didn’t know you got detention. Yes, tell her that and she will go away.

I got out from de restroom and she was there, still waiting like she claimed she would. We walked until we reach the school gates and she looked at me with a quite smug look, as if she knew I was lying from beggining — which I am, but it doesn't matter.

‘... thought he was here waiting for you, where is your boyfriend?’ She asks with a suspicious look, raising an eyebrow at me. Okay, I planned this all out in my mind already, I can do this... pretend that you’re as surprised as her.

‘I don’t know… maybe he went to work? He didn’t know that I'm in detention.’ I gave her the saddest face I could come up with, to which she smiled and murmured something under her breath — cute or whatever? I didn't bother to pay much attention until,

‘Well, if he doesn’t show up in 30 minutes.. I’ll assume that you don’t have a boyfriend at all, I’ll leave you for now, but when I'm back… you know he must be here or you will be mine.’ She gives me the brightest of the smiles, but how dare she say such things and act like this? Not even in a million years I'd date her... now it’s about my pride.

She can't just go around bossing people like that... can she? Nope, definitely not. She's pretty, friendly and all... I admit, to accept her feelings wouldn't be so bad... but I'm good not having to worry about a relationship. I watch as she walks away and this is a good chance for me to disappear and deal with that in the next morning. I turn around on my heels to walk off towards the opposite direction but

‘OUTCH!’ I’m on the ground within a second, a sly sharp pain on my back from how I ended up falling. It sure felt like I hit a rock or something, I could swear I was alone, where did that guy come from?! ‘Don’t you watch your way?’ I nearly yelled to the stranger, now picking up his things scattered on the floor.

‘I’m sorry, I thought that I was late but I’m not… and… really really sorry.’ He offered his free hand to help me to stand up. I accepted and just as our fingers touched, something hit me: he is a guy... a guy. And I need a guy now… all the anger washes from my face, replaced by my most, hopefully, charming smile. He needs to help me.

‘Nono, don't worry, I'm so sorry for yelling at you, I just… hehe, nevermind. What’s your name anyway?’ I blinked twice, a poor attempt to look cute and friendly.

‘Oh er… my name is Byunghun, but please call me L. Joe.’ He smiled, a soft and shy smile, which I might or might not have found pretty. L. Joe? Hm… nice nickname.

My name is Chanhee, but call me Chunji.’ I quickly took his hand for a handshake as he helped me up and back on my feet, his smile grew a little brighter, making me feel somewhat giddy, weird.

‘Chunji oppa! Is it him??’ I heard her calling from far. Shi- I forgot to run when I had the chance…

‘Please just agree with me please, please, please!’ I half whispered half begged to the guy in front of me, still holding his hand and in a bold movement, I laced my fingers with his, beaming softly at her as she got closer to us. ‘Yes! He’s my boyfriend, I told you I have one.’ I saw his eyes widen a little but he kept on smiling — thank God the desperation in my voice was convicing enough for him to play along.

 

[ LJOE'S POV ]

 

‘Yes! He’s my boyfriend, I told you I have one.’ WHAT?! Did I hear that right? He did look like he was trying to get away and I was the one preventing him from doing so... so maybe, I could help him out this time? I simply smiled, taking a glance at the girl approaching us.

‘Hi, I’m L. Joe.. and you are…?’ I tried my best to look comfortable, even though I could feel my hand sweating a little against his, meanwhile he just gave my hand a soft squeeze... which I take as a silent 'thank you'. My smile never faded even as she looked at me with a sad expression and a little of… anger?

‘I’m Hayoung, Chunji’s classmate… well, I’m leaving now.’ She looked at Chunji and nodded as if she figured out something and walked away, just like that. She seemed truly hurt and disappointed, hopefully I wasn't doing something bad?

‘Why…?’ I turned to face Chunji who was still smiling but avoiding eye contact. Valid, he doesn’t need look me in the eyes but at least he has to explain what just happened.

‘Oh well… I’m sorry and thank you. You actually saved my life from a pretty crazy girl.’ He once again caught me off guard by giving me a pretty charming smile, followed by those cute two blinks of his eyes, but things still seemed a little off?

‘She doesn’t look crazy… it’s easier believe that you were stalking her.’ I said as if it was the most obvious thing ever and he laughed, so naturally that it almost sounded like little angel noises? What the heck is going on with me? I tried my best to shake off the feeling, and to try to not stare at him for longer than needed, but as he spoke again, he looked even prettier.

‘I know, I know... she is really pretty and doesn’t seem a stalker or crazy or anything of the sort but, after I rejected her she started to fallow me everywhere until one night that she appeared in front of my house, yelling for a explanation and I did the biggest silly thing ever... I told her that I’m gay and actually have a boyfriend. I begged her to not tell anyone and she agreed but I had to show her my boyfriend. I was about to escape for my life when you hit me so… here we are.’ Everything came out in almost one breath, so fast but I still managed to follow and... wow, I didn’t expected him to really tell me all the story behind this… but, he’s not gay..?

‘Hmm… that was really a silly move. So, you’re not gay?’ I asked somewhat calmly, but so disappointed. He is so pretty, and his smile.. brightens up the whole world, such a sad discovering.

‘Well… I actually don’t know…’ He mutters before adding in a louder voice, I mean, I’m not. To be honest I never felt anything for anyone... nor girls or boys, so…’ So maybe, I have a chance… was the first thing that came to my mind. Guess, it's time to make this boy mine!

‘Do you wanna go for a drink? I know a really good place right at the corner…’ Say yes, say yes, say yes! Please give me a chance!

‘Well… sorry I have to go home… I’m already late because I got detention so, maybe next time. Bye!’ He was about to go when I stopped him. If he thinks that he will run off so easy he’s really wrong!

‘Give me your number, so I can text or call you.’ I asked more like an order. This time around he was the one that smiled shyly and to be honest, I think I'm already head over heels for this guy.

 

[ CHUNJI'S POV ]

 

‘Do you wanna go for a drink? I know a really good place right at the corner…’ He caught me by off guard now. I’m pretty sure that if I go, I might find out what I fear the most… If I didn’t have any suspicions, I would go for sure, but his simplest smile made me feel dizzy. If I’m really gay I don’t want to know… at least not now. No it is...

‘Well… sorry I have to go home… I’m already late because I got detention so, maybe next time. Bye!’ I almost run away but…

‘Give me your number, so I can text or call you.’ Damn, I had a feeling this was coming. Okay, maybe tonight I can think and figure out what I’m and tomorrow hang out with him… But I'm sure that I never felt this way towards anyone, feeling so giddy and shy and happy... and I never thought that a smile was so beautiful in my whole life! And this is the first time I met him… To be honest I didn’t believe in ‘love at first sight’ until now…

I gave him my number and couldn’t help but smile when he told me ‘I’ll text you tomorrow.’ And he smiles brightly at me… I felt my heart melt … God, what is happening to me? Am I really … gay?

I walked home as fast as I could. I explained to my mom about detention. She believed in me because she knows that I’m not the type of guy who goes around spying girl’s restrooms. I took a shower and changed to my pajamas. Today was a tiring day, but at least I got rid of Hayoung. It wasn’t even 8 pm but I already felt so sleepy. I closed my eyes but… my phone rang, a new text.

[ from: unknown number ]
gn chunji. bet u thinking who is it? it's ljoe… i said that i'd text tomorrow but... just couldn’t help it. sleep well, see you tomorrow, kiss :*

I quickly saved the number and started to type a reply, not even noticing how my lips stretched in a smile on their own. Just before I hit the send button, I realized that maybe.. I replied too quickly, so of course, heh, I waited exactly five minutes to reply. The longest five minutes of my life.

[ to: ljoe ]
saved your number now. gn and sleep well u too. see you tomorrow, kiss :*

Should I be afraid of really liking him? I don’t know… but his text made me sleep with a big smile on my face. Today I feel that I’ll have really sweet dreams. 

 

 

A/N: Here we go! I really hope you liked it. Revised on 20.10.2021!
Please leave a comment, sugestions or anything that you want. As my first fanfic I really want to know how it is.

Thank you so much for reading this