Day #1.3

The Romantic

 

Recap: Seohyun met Seungri for the first preference date inside an airplane, and Jiyong and Jessica met for the previous one at the museum. Today’s episode cut will be fot the third meeting. When you meet just like in the movies, will you believe that is your destiny?

 

Third choice – A girl sitting in the park bench and a stranger suddenly sits next to you

 

Meeting someone in a park isn’t a big deal for lots of people already. In fact, people know how abundant love stories are with lead cast meeting in a park, suddenly get hanging out together. The third preference is for the romantist who dreams of meeting a special person just like in the movies. If you say park, there is no other park to call in New York rather than the  Central Park.

 

Central Park, city park in the borough of Manhattan, New York City. The park is 4 km long from Central Park South (59th Street) to Central Park North (110th Street) and 0.8 km wide from Central Park West (Eighth Avenue) to Fifth Avenue. To assist the flow of cross-town traffic, four roads below the level of the park connect avenues on the park’s east and west sides. Nearly the entire 340-hectare area was acquired in the 1850s and 1860s for less than $7 million.

 

Central Park offers varied scenery, with small rocky hills, wooded slopes, lawns, four lakes, two ponds, and a pool. The park contains 14 km of roads, 8.8 km bridle paths, 10.9 km of bicycle lanes, and 45.8 km of walking paths. Attractions within and around the border of the park include the Metropolitan Museum of Art (on Fifth Avenue), an 18th-Dynasty Egyptian obelisk popularly known as Cleopatra's Needle, numerous statues, the Central Park Zoo, a bird sanctuary, a formal garden, a meteorological observatory, and fashionable restaurants. A former arsenal within the park now houses the headquarters of the parks department. In the summer, Central Park is the site of free concerts, and performances of plays are given in the Delacorte Theater. Facilities are provided within the park for rowboating, ice skating, roller skating, baseball, softball, football, bowling, croquet, tennis, handball, bicycling, riding, and horseshoe pitching. There are 22 children's playgrounds, a carousel, and a children's zoo. Truly a haven not just for New Yorkers and Americans, but also for foreigners visiting. The Central Park is home to millions of true-to-life love stories. What could be more romantic than meeting someone “special” at this park and adding to the romantic history of the park?

 

This girl, she is not a stranger when in comes to America. She speaks English fluently, and her American manners is prominent to her. However, she’s a girl with class and keeps up to life’s challenges to conquer and outshine them. You know right, she’s Tiffany Hwang.  She did choose the park for the first preference shuffle. She dressed very beautifully in this kind of winter weather. Yes, it’s winter here in New York. Winter and Christmas season. What a truly romantic scene we got there, and the PDs started to interview the girl as she trails her way to the bench.

 

“What are your expectations today, Tiffany-sshi?”

“Well, I hope the guy is a cheery and not the shy type kind of a person?” She flashed an eyesmile.

“He’s going near already Tiffany-sshi. Please take your seat at the bench and wait for him patiently.” The PD instructed Tiffany. She gladly obeyed.

 

“Uuuuh, PD-nim, can I ask a question?”

“Yes Tiffany-sshi, what is it?”

“Will I be dating a Korean guy?”

The staffs laughed at the “American by heart” girl. “Of course he’s a Korean!”

 

Tiffany wasn’t feeling nervous at all. She was just calm. Tension started building up when someone took a sit beside her. She didn’t know if that was the guy she’s suppose to date.  The guy finally decided to give her a look and managed to say something. “Why are you looking at me like that?” --- in straight English. Boo. It wasn’t the guy she was suppose to date. It was just an American passerby who thought they filming for a show and wanted to grab some attention. Fail. The guy was somewhat crazy, and can be remarked as a person who isn’t on his proper mind state. Tiffany was relieved the moment the guy left. She was laughing so hard and was hitting the bench she was sitting at. Her laugh was so loud and it just freaking stopped when she knew she heard someone saying “Annyeonghaseyo.”

 

“Annyeong haseyo. Dong Youngbae imnida~ It would be better if you call me Taeyang.”

“Annyeong haseyo, Tiffany imnida.” They shaked their hands.

 

Tiffany tried to bring it up since she’s kind of talkative. She told him things about America and stuffs but Taeyang on the other hand was just quiet.. Shy.. It’s not his fault for totally acting that way. It was natural for him. He isn’t that much sociable too. He would just let Tiffany talk all the time. He tried giving talking a shot, by asking Tiffany to walk around Central Park.

 

“Mission card for you Tiffany-sshi and Taeyang-sshi.” The PD handed the card to the couple. It was the same mission card with Seohyun&Seungri and Jiyong&Jessica where the couple are required to hold hands. The PD once again let out an announcement: “We’ll let you alone in ten minutes, and if you don’t hold hands, you fail.”

 

 

They continued walking for minutes.

 

Awkward. They were not even talking.

 

Few more minutes till the mission is over.

 

She was waiting for him to hold her hand.

 

He was feeling shy.

 

He couldn’t handle it. Really.

 

Ten minutes has passed.

 

Mission failed.

 

The couple were now separated for an interview.

 



 

 

“Taeyang-sshi, what are your initial thoughts?”

 

“At first, I found her okay. But when she started to talk few things about herself, I suddenly wasn’t feeling well. My vision was really blurring out that time. And I also had  a bad case of stomachache earlier this morning so I really wasn’t feeling well. Through-out the entire dating trip, I was just focusing on how to make myself look okay but I guess.. Tiffany-sshi didn’t enjoy being with me at all.. Ahhh. It’s a shame. Mianhamnida Tiffany-sshi.”

 

“Tiffany-sshi, your thoughts?”

 

“I was so disappointed. He would just let me talk all the time.  I mean if I was the guy, I wouldn’t let the girl talk alone. All he did was just smile, laugh at my words. Heck, his smile wasn’t even a smile for me. If he didn’t enjoy being with me, atleast he could have said it earlier. I looked like a fool. So disappointing.”

 

“He’s sick, that is why he was acting that way.” The PD replied.

 

“Oh…. My bad…”

 



 

Hi!! Sorry for not updating for too long. D: I had a bad case of chicken pox so guys take care of yourself~ I’m almost getting well and I’m starting to make the next chapters for this fic :D I hope you guys would still anticipate. Sorry for the very crappy update. I couldn’t think well. Please bear with me. And to my subscribers, thank you very much! You are awesome.

 

SPOILER: Next chapter, TopYoon! (TOP & Yoona)