Day #1.1

The Romantic

 

New York, The largest city in the United States, the home of the United Nations, and the center of global finance, communications, and business.  New York City is unusual among cities because of its high residential density, its extraordinarily diverse population, its hundreds of tall office and apartment buildings, its thriving central business district, its extensive public transportation and its more than four hundred distinct neighborhoods. The city’s concert houses, museums, galleries and theaters constitute an ensemble of cultural richness rivaled by few cities.

 

December 23, 2011. Incheon International Airport (Korea)

Filming finally started today. The staffs and the PDs were distributed into five groups; one cameraman and PD per girl. Group number one = girl number one. The girl arrived earlier than they expected. It was the first romanticist, a girl person full of etiquette and class. She smiled shyly towards the camera and bowed in the perfect ninety degrees.

 

“Annyeong haseyo. Seo Juhyun imnida. You can call me Seohyun.”

“Ne, Seohyun-sshi, tell us your exact thoughts right now.”

“I’m…. Feeling nervous. How is the trip going to be, will the guys be fine? Will they find me nice? Seriously, lots of questions are tangled in my mind right now.”

“Seohyun-sshi, you’re going to meet one of the guy romantist today.”

“Chinja? Omo…. What am I going to do….” She smiled, sensing nervousness in her eyes.

Time fleeted fast. “Seohyun-sshi, it’s time to board the plane now.”

 

Seohyun was anxious as she strolled her luggage on the cream-colored tiles. Her heart still keeps on beating faster than the normal heart rate. Seohyun entered the plane and settled herself on the plane’s sixth row. She took her seat near the small pathway. She’s staring blankly at the people who were passing her seat. Five minutes has passed. He’s still not there. Seohyun decided to put her headphones on, as she patiently waited for the guy with the same preference as him.

 

People’s choices are different. The first Preference Shufflewill be revolving on the same question. If you were in a movie, where would you like to meet your partner? Choices do vary. The staffs prepared five choices and asked the romantists their preference beforehand the show started.

 

First choice – Inside the airplane, where you would sit next to your partner

Second choice – Inside the museum where lots of paintings are displayed

Third choice – A girl sitting in the park bench and a stranger suddenly sits next to you

Fourth Choice – A square where you notice your partner among the crowd

Fifth Choice – A short encounter on a yacht, where your partner can be seen in the other yacht

 

 

Obviously, the first couple took the first choice, which was meeting inside an airplane. Seohyun persistently waited for the guy to arrive. She was enjoying the sound she was hearing from the headphones when suddenly, a guy appeared in front of her, told her “Annyeong haseyo,” slightly bending his head for a bow. Seohyun was shocked to see the guy; she slided the headphone against her silky hair and bowed her head a little bit. Sitting from where the pathway was near, Seohyun moved to the next seat, a seat which has the window view and let the guy sit just beside her. He placed few of his things on the upper-deck cabin, and finally sat down. They smiled to each other as the guy initiated the conversation.

 

“Lee Seunghyun imnida. You can call me Seungri”

“Seo Juhyun imnida. You can instead call me Seohyun.”

Awkward tension started building as the plane started its way to New York.

“We’re not supposed to ask anything personal about each other, right?” Seungri muttured.

“Ne.” The girl replied shyly.

 

The two got along as each minute ticked. They asked each other on what music they liked, what food they like to eat the most, book they love to read the most, and endless topics on what they liked. When Seungri was telling his music preference, he let Seohyun listen to it while sharing his earphones with her. The PD went to their place and handed them a mission card.

 

When Seohyun opened the mission card, her smile seems to be extended to heavens. The mission card had a simple drawing in it: a guy and a girl with their hands intertwined. Some love experts and even psychiatrist believe that when two people hold their hands together, there is more probability of the two involved person to be much closer. Seungri saw the card as well and didn’t hesitate to grab her hands. “May I? Seohyun-sshi?” The girl didn’t hesitate as the two are now holding their hands together. The staffs focused on the two were smirking. Not to embarrass the two, but the PD said they have to hold hands for ten whole minutes. The both of them couldn’t even look straight into each other’s eyes, causing each of them turning as red as tomato.

 

Seunghyun looked at Seohyun’s face.

 

Seohyun looked back.

 

They both laughed.

 

They both looked against each other in embarrassment.

 

Awkward moment.

 

He’s still smiling.

 

Her face was tomato red, as she was looking at the window.

 

“I’m afraid we have to cut your time together, but you need to separate now. It will definitely be unfair with the other romantist if we won’t part the two of you now.” The PD informed.

 

Seohyun once again bowed her head for a goodbye bow. Seungri exchanged the manners and bowed to her after he got his things at the upper-deck cabin. The PD led him to another seat inside the plane, a seat way far from Seohyun. The PD started asking him questions.

 

“Seungri-sshi, how did you feel when you first saw her?”

“When I first saw her, I was surprised because she in between cute and y. My exact ideal type.”

“So that means… You like her?”

“Uhhhhh... We’ll see..” He smiled in a cute manner.

 

“Seohyun-sshi, how was Seungri-sshi?”

“He was a total brave guy. I didn’t know he would start holding my hands….”

“Seohyun-sshi, you’re blushing!”

“Aigoo… Chinjaro?”

“First impressions?”

“He’s a very cool guy, maybe involved in Business or what so. He seems like a year older than me…”

“Do you like him?”

“……. Ne. Manhi manhi joahae.”