A Small Fire

Best Absolute Perfect Kingdom

 

You and Jongup rode silently and quickly through the forest, Jongup leading the way. The forest was quite except for the occasional breeze rustling the leaves. The sun was slowly creeping its way to setting, slowly dragging away the light for you to search in.

Jongup stops suddenly in the path and you pull to Agma halt next to him.

“What?” You ask. Feeling antsy and frustrated, most things you were saying came off as rude.

“Here,” he points into the forest to the left of you, off the path, “Himchan took off that way.”

You sigh before nodding, clucking to Agma. The horse rode differently today. He could feel the determination in your rein hold, and was completely focused on every cue you gave him. You reach down and scratch his neck a little. He really was a good horse.

Jongup falls in behind you as you pick your way through the underbrush, trying to find any sort of trail in the already dim light. You squint, staring down at the ground around you. Something horse-size has definitely been through here.

You push branches out of your way, holding them back so Jongup won’t get hit. All you hear is your and Jongup’s heavy breathing, and Agma panting beneath you. You swat a bug off your arm, straitening your position in the saddle.

A long moment of silence and focus passes. The trail begins to get confusing, as if Himchan’s horse had begun weaving back and forth.

“Why…why did you pick me?” Jongup asks as he ducks under a branch.

“You know these trails,” you eye the ground carefully, “and these horses, better than anyone I know.”

Jongup nods seriously, and begins looking ahead into the trees. The two of you try and take in everything, looking for any sort of sign as to where to go. But so far all you have is what you hope is Himchan’s trail.

The sun sets, and it’s light is replaced by that of the moon, which doesn’t help much, but keeps you from being in complete darkness.

Jongup gasps suddenly, pulling his horse to a stop, and leaning to his left, squinting into the forest. You stop momentarily to watch him, turning around in your seat. His eyes widen, and he snaps his reins, shooting into the forest.

Your eyes widen and you turn Agma around quickly, trying to shoot after Jongup, but quickly losing him. You rack your brain on where to go, but panic overwhelms you.

“Master Jongup?” You call to the empty forest. No response. You sigh and pat Agma, clucking him onward.

“Just you and me now, Agma,” You whisper to him, walking absentmindedly through the forest. Ignoring that you have no idea where you’re going, you resume looking through the trees and at the ground, looking for traces of Himchan or his horse.

What did Jongup see? Did he see Himchan? Why didn’t he tell me?

You look up to the moon and sigh. It was perfectly round. On any other night you would have stopped and admired its beauty, but you press onward.

After what seems like an eternity in the never ending underbrush, you smell smoke. Your eyes widen and you glance around. Praying that it’s not a wildfire, you pull Agma to a halt. Carefully standing up on top of the saddle, you peek over the trees as much as you can, and spot the tips of a fire. A small fire, most likely man made.

You sit back down in the saddle and steer Agma towards the fire, creeping up quietly. Not knowing much about forest life, you jump when you hear yelling. Glances around, you realize it’s not coming towards you, but it is coming from the direction of the fire.

Only a few feet from the fire now, you slip through the underbrush and into a vast clearing. People run around and dance and eat and sing. It’s a celebration.

You hop off Agma and tie him to a tree away from the party, giving him a small pat as reassurance.

“I’ll be right back,” you tell him before turning and walking into the cluster.

You don’t make it five feet into the crowd before a familiar figure stops you.

“Well if it isn’t Yunji! I didn’t know you were coming,” King Onew grins.

“Onew oppa,” you bow, “Coming to what? What is this?”

Just then King Taemin bounces up, orange-brown hair messy, “Hello! You’re the head servant of B.A.P., right? Yunji?”

You bow to him, “Hello, King Taemin. Might I ask what this,” you look around, “celebration is for?”

King Taemin grins, “It’s my twentieth birthday today.”

You smile, you’re mind coming off Himchan for a moment. “Happy birthday, sir.”

King Taemin puts an arm around your shoulders, “You don’t have to call me sir, Yunji. Just Taemin is fine.”

“Yes, Taemin,” you reply, and he grins.

“Who are all these people?” You ask, and Taemin looks around with you.

“All the SM ground kingdoms. It’s quite the party,” he flashes you a wink and you smile politely back.

“Wait,” you realize, “so EXO kingdom is here? Both K and M?”

Taemin nods, and you excuse yourself, telling him happy birthday once more. You glance around the heads, looking for Luhan.

Maybe he can help me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaappy Birthday, Taeminnie oppa!!!!! You are wonderful and adorable and very loved ^-^

Hope you guys like this chapter! I like YOU! *what*

;D <3 Here have a Taemin, WHO'S NOW TWENTAE *lol bad pun* YEARS OOWLLD

Sheshy Taemin hips *heehee*

Sooo maaaybe I put this chapter up at 12:30 in the morning.

LOOK I- 

have no excuse. I wrote a chapter earlier today and was super excited to post it.

ONTO MONSTER!

Bai luvlies!