Chapter 32: Second Chance

I Do! (Not Really)

-Renee's POV-

Tears were going down my face. Time for me to go. I'm going to miss Seoul, my friends, my mom, Sulli, Mr. Cho, (and Taemin).

I hugged my mom goodbye.

"Ren, call me as soon as possible when you get there."

"Are you sure? It's in a different time zone and the flight is long."

"Yes. What if the plane crashes, or something bad happens to you?" My mom get's the wierdest ideas in her mind.

"Don't worry Mom, a goblin won't come and kidnap me when  get off the plane." That's what she used to call strangers when I was young (I guess its safer to say goblin instead of , murder, or molester).

I gave Mr. Cho a hug.

"Thanks for helping me with the money."

"No problem, thank you for making my son happy." I'm glad he didn't die in a tragic way (murder, painful slow death, etc..)

"Good luck there. They say that there's an oppurtunity there for everyone."

"Yeah the American dream." I never thought I would find a use for my American citizenship. We parted our ways when I went through security check at the airport.

-Jong Hun's POV-

School is finally done. This is the last year of school I have before I'm free. 

"Hey Jong Hun we got a letter from Renee.It's on the counter" Jae Jin said while he was playing video games.

"What did it say?" I asked.

"I don't know we didn't read it yet. We thought you should read it to us." Jae Jin said back.  Don't they do anything else other than drink and play video games? I grabbed the letter off the counter and opened it.

"Dear guys, I'm right now leaving Seoul. I won't be here to knock Min Hwan and Jae Jin out of their drunken states, so you'll have to do it yourself Jong Hun. Jong Hun I think you should go to college. How are you going to make enough money to support those 2 idiots when your mom and dad are gone? I bet Mr. Cho can help you with the money, plus you can finally get that girl that you like. Tell those 2 bums to get a job  and yes I know they're too lazy to read this letter. Love Renee"

"HEY SINE WHEN WERE WE BUMS?" Min Hwan yelled. Since the day mom became pregnant with you! I'm sad that I have one less sober person in my life.

-Sulli's POV-

I finally made got home to my apartment after my college classes today. Wow I got some huge packages. There was a letter attached to it.

Hey Sulli

I'm sorry I couldn't give you a goodbye hug. You were in class and I didn't want to bother you then. I have to leave before Taemin comes home. You told me that I should turn over a new leaf even before I leave. In these three large boxes is chocolate (I know not good because you're on a diet but you can take breaks now and then ;D). This is to make up for eating all chocolate from the trail mixes these past years. You could have a chocolate party with Amber, Luna, and Krystal. Don't tell Taemin or the rest of SHINee of where I'm going.

For spring break we can go to Vegas! Oh shoot, I know you're against the fake ID. I'm only 18 and you're 19 (we have to be 21 to gamble and alcohal, I searched it up). When I turn 21 we're going to Vegas for my birthdays (no buts, and I can't promise you that I won't use a fake ID to get in to Vegas before I'm 21). Then we can go to London for break then. In one of the boxes I returned that picture of you and Key a year ago on the ride (it's too funny to throw away, the looks on your faces are funny) and I also sent a copy to key (too funny not to send). I hope we can stay friends.

Love Renee

PS: If I made it here, I can make it anywhere...

I opened a box and there was a lot of chocolate in there. How am I supposed to eat all this before it expires? PARTY TIME THEN!!! I looked at the photo. Both Key and I were making a hideous face going down the rollercoaster holding each other. How the things have changed. They actually care for each other now.

-Taemin's POV-

Today was a long day! We were rehearsing new dance moves. I always have to out do everyone else (it's fun being the top at something). I went in the kitchen to find lasagna. I put bsome on the plate and started eating it. It's cold... I stuck it in the microwave and went upstairs to change clothes (sweaty clothes are gross).

I opened my room to find a box on my bed with piece of paper on it. I picked up the paper and read it.

Dear Taemin,

I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye to you in person but I know you qouldn't let me leave if I did. There are many reasons why I'm leaving (some of them involving you and some of them not). Sometimes a goodbye is a second chance for things. People here already has a perception of me and yet they haven't met me. I want a clean slate when I meet new people. I never planned on marrying someone even before Kyuhyun's death. There are so many things out there that other people experience that I don't.

Don't come looking for me. I know both of us don't know what we really want right now. I think we should have some time alone and try to figure out who we are and what we want. By the way stop holding onto SNSD, your never going to get anywhere in your love life if you keep all 9 of them. Just choose  one of them or neither of them. Girls lose patience and move on.

Thanks for being my friend. If my life keeps going like this I'm going to have a short bucket list.  Take care Taemin.

From your friend Renee

I opened the box to find a bunch of money in it. There was a sticky note in it. Don't carry that much money with you, it's really easy pick pocketing you. She paid back the money she 'borrowed' from me. Her wedding ring was at the bottom of the box.

I never thought this day would come even though she told me she would be leaving. Sadness entered my body. I numbed up. I suddenly felt lonely in here. I could feel my tears trickle down my face. An image of her popped up in my mind and speared me in the heart.

-Renee's POV-

-Earlier in the day-

How long has it been since I heard you speak? Longer than forever. How much did I wish you would come back? More than the amount of wishes that all the genies(including the fictional ones also) put together can give. I tried to bargain something of mine to the darkness to get you back. In the end you're down 6 feet under.

"Hey Kyuhyun, this will be the last time I will visit your grave for a while. I want to say goodbye to you." I pulled out of my pocket a mood ring. "I never gave this back a while ago. I never really got over your death. In my heart I was still hurting but I think it's time to accept you're in a better place and there's nothing I can do about it. Today I will start looking at your death in a different way. No longer will I depend on you for things or anyone else. That's why I can't stay here."

I dug a hole  near his gravestone, and placed the mood ring in it. I buried it.

"Even though I didn't say this much but I love you and I always will. Thanks you." I felt a heavy weight being lifted off of me.

-Present-

The plane was lifting off the ground. It went up and up. I could see a lot Seoul from here. Goodbye home. I closed the window shade. This is going to be a long plane ride. I leaned on the window and closed my eyes....

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: What did you think? Oh I stole some ideas from Second Chance by Shinedown I did say where she's going to (I even specified the city). If you can't find it, you've got to read between the lines (figurativly not literally)

DOUBLE UPDATE!!! (I may try triple ;D)