Chapter 25: Slum...

I Do! (Not Really)

-Renee's POV-

I've been thinking for a while now. One choice has a future of me and Taemin happy again and the other side I have no idea. If I choose Taemin then I would be abandoning a friend when she needed me the most. If only I could choose both! Taemin's career is too public. If only... Sulli is right on this, I have time to choose.

-Taemin's POV-

Aaahh it feels nice relaxed after a long day of work! I wonder where Renee is? Oh yeah, the job at the play she never told me! What's the play based off of?

I the TV and flipped through the channels. I can never watch a show with me in it. It's so akward watching myself... I a talk show. 

I got myself some dinner. I sat down on the couch with my dinner. "After this commercial break I will be having guest of a cast of Slumdog Millionaire production."

O.O I see Renee. "NO!!! STUPID COMMERCIAL BREAKS!!! GET BACK TO THE SHOW! NO ONE CARES ABOUT ITEMS THAT COST 19.99!!" I was shaking the TV. -_- It's a good thing no ones here to see that. It seems like the big guy watching sends me answers right a way! I must be his or her favorite person on Earth ;D.

Ok good, it's back!

"So welcome to the show. Can you introduce yourself to the audience?" Then all of them introduced themselves (there were a lot of them and I didn't pay attention). 

"Now your production started off as a low production play, and now after so many people watched it, it's been moved to a bigger stage and things."

"Yes" One guy answered.

"Now as the wife of Lee Taemin do you think that influenced the ticket sales?"

"I think so. The fans are curious about me and this was a chance to see my abilities." Renee said.

"Why did you choose to work at a low production play?"

"Uh, well obviously the higher end ones wouldn't cast me." The audience laughed. "Seriously though I would be intimidated by the professionals."

"What can you relate from Slumdog Millionaires to yourself?"

"Most of us have come from poor backgrounds like in the movie." A young girl said.

"How could that be? Most people would go to acting school before they audition for a production."

"You don't need to be trained to lie like a politician!" A little boy said. Everybody was laughing.

"So seriously, how do you guys do it?"

"Well I pretend I am the charcter and gather my past feelings to feel what they feel." Renee said.

"Oh so your acting what most american actors use: method acting."

"I guess so."

"Aren't you worried that you will get too involved with the charcter and have anxiety? That happened to Heath Ledger."

"Aren't you worried that your show will get bad rating, lose viewers, and that you will end up in the streets?" She answered back.

"Ok good point. So can you tell me the plot of it?"

"Well some of it." A guy answered. If only I listened to their introductory. -_-

"Well it's about a slum boy named Jamil. He enters into a millionaire game questionaire. After answering many questions right, the people go and interrogate him to see if he was cheating. He tells about his past with his brother Salim, and Latika  his love interest." One dude said.

"We'll be right back after these messages." Stupid breaks... No one cares about commercials. Oooohh what a pretty car on the TV. I want one!

"Welcome back folks!" Oh good. "What can you say about the movie?"

"The movie was very interesting, but I don't think suitable for young viewers or people not into serious movies like this." A woman said.

"I have to say the soundtrack was spectacular just like the movie. We are definently using the tracks in the play." A dude said.

"A.R. Rahman did a good job on composing the songs. I think he's a music genuis." Renee said.

"The cast will be performing a dance for us!" Music started playing. Hey I've heard that song before!! This is a different version of Jai Ho. No female voice in this one and its not in English either... They danced with a mix of traditional Indian and hip-hop. Pretty good on it.

-Few days later-

Hopefully my disguise will work. I sat down. The lights have turned down.

-At one point of the show-

O.O Does that really happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Bad people blind children to get more money when the children go out in the streets to beg for money??? Poor kids, they never get enough to eat! Wait is that why Renee and her 'family' always seemed skinnier than the average people? Is that why her neighborhood had kids that were really fast runners like her? Always running away from bad people?

I guess some people do crime because its their only way of survival. This is scary stuff.

-Later on-

NNNOO!! Don't stay with Salim! Go with Jamil, Latika! WAIT! Does that mean if that Renee wasn't arranged to marry me, that she could be out there right now in the streets as a e??? O.O Whew! It's a good thing this happened. I'm glad she's not out there.

-Even more later on-

"Jamil, please don't go trying to save me. It's too late."  So theres three actors for each: Jamil, Latika, and Salim. One actor is for the young version of the character, another one is for the early teenage version of the character, and the last one is for late teens/early 20's of the charcter. Renee's late teen/ early 20's version of Latika.

There is still a chance!! Don't let go!

-At the end-

YESSS!! They're together!! Latika and Jamil hug each other and kiss. This kiss is taking some time... Then they did the dance they did at the talk show.

I snuck to the dressing rooms. Renee isn't the only one who can do this kind of stuff ;D. I took off the disguise.

"Oooohh, it's Lee Taemin! Can I have your autograph, well as long as umm.. I don't have to pay. I need to save money for my family, and unnie says that some people make you pay for the littlest things." A little girl who played young Latika said.

"Sure where can I sign?" I grabbed out a marker. I swear its become a habit for me to carry one now and I will spaz out even if I think I don't have one.

"Umm.. Maybe here, no umma says clothes costs money and we can't afford stains." She started looking for something for me to write on.

"Mina, come over here, I've got a piece of paper for you." a girl who played teenage Latika

"Ara, thank you! My unnie is the best!" Mina said. She ran up to Ara and got the piece of paper. She ran back to me and handed it to me. She's a quick runner. I signed my signature and as soon as I was done she snatched it out of my hands. She ran off to her sister. She was squealing about the signature. o.o If only all of my fans were like that. They want it ALL! Hair, clothes, skin, arm, finger, the entire body, and etc..

"Taemin?" I turned around to see a confused Renee. "Why-- how are you here?"

I laughed. "You do realize there's TV where we live and I saw the show."

"Oh." I came and hugged her. I should probably stop hugging her... (my hugs can kill, one fan had fainted ;D)

"Renna! Can you take us to that ice cream again?" Mina asked. Hahaha, cute! She can't pronounce Renee properly.

"Sure!"

"I'm coming too!" I said. Renee stuck my disguise back on me. We headed out for ice cream (one my major food groups :D).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I did watch Slumdog Millionaire (it was good) but not suited for audience that aren't into serious dramas! Sorry to my readers if you are going to watch it. I gave you some spoilers (oops my bad!)

I'm happy to tell you that we have a new reader in our family

iMilkyCookie

hehehe I'm guessing she likes milk and cookies (just guessing though..) and if any of you want to be a specific member of the family please tell!  all I have is me as umma, nichichan as unnie, and majo-chan as dongsaeng