Longing

Born To Be Different

Your POV:

I woke up with a start. I breathed raggedly as I tried to calm myself down. That was only a dream.. I thought with relief.

This wasn't the only time I had dreamed of this memory. Many times, this dream haunted me and led me to Memory Lane.

Annoyed, I facepalmed and got off my bed. I opened the curtains, and got ready for another day. While I was dressing, I looked at the picture of Kyungsoo oppa and me smiling at the camera, and doing the V sign. How I miss him.. I wonder if I'll ever see him again..  I sighed, then buttoned up my shirt and went downstairs to eat breakfast. While I was boiling the kimchi stew, I remembered how oppa had always cooked for me ever since my parents were busy with work.

//flashback

"Yah! Yoon Ji Eun! You're going to be late for school, babo! Hurry up, I already made your favorite breakfast!"

I groaned and rolled off the bed, and trotted down the stairs. I lazily opened my eyes to see Kyungsoo oppa smiling at me, wearing an apron.

I giggled. And upon hearing me, he frowned and bit his lip. "What did I do wrong?"

"Oh, it's nothing. It's just that you look so funny in that pink apron."

He lifted one eyebrow and looked at me, crossing his arms. I giggled a little more, and said, "Oh fine, fine. I'm sorry. But thanks for the breakfast.. again."

He visibly relaxed and set down a bowl of Uugujigook, kimchi, rice, and kalbi,  my favorite dishes. 

I dug in, stuffing my face with each delicious foods, one after another.

He laughed. seeing me eat so rapidly. "Slow down, brat. You're going to choke. If you don't, oppa will cause a scary earthquake!"

I lifted my face playfully to look at him, and said, "Then I'll fly away," while slowly unfurling my dark, large wings.

I waggled my eyebrows, then he sighed with annoyance. "You can't even fly yet, but whatever. Anyways, you're going to be late for school! Hurry and go get dressed!"

"Okay," I hollered, and ran up the stairs.

//end of flashback

I sighed, longing for the past. It's been five years since I'd last seen him. And the time of when we promised to meet together was drawing near. However, my parents had long since passed away, and I absolutely had no money to buy a plane ticket to Incheon airport. So I partially hoped he would forget about the promise, and I also hoped that I could save enough money to buy a plane ticket.

When I finished eating, dressing, and packing up, it was still 6:30 A.M. I still had an hour and half left. What to do..? I absentmindedly went to the TV and used my remote control to switch to a random channel.

In the channel, an interview was going on. It looked interesting, so I sat down on the sofa and stared at the TV. Apparently, the people that were being interviewed was called EXO, a new boyband from SM in Korea. Seeing the word "SM" made me remember how Kyungsoo oppa had told me he wanted to become a singer for SM.

One by one, the members introduced themselves: Chanyeol, Se Hun, Kai, Baekhyun, Suho.. finally the camera focused on a very familiar looking face. I frowned. How could I know someone like that? I stared harder, and turned up the volume.

The young man smiled, stood up confidently, and said, "Hello, I am Do Kyungsoo from EXO-K! Nice to meet you!"

My jaw dropped, and I froze. Was this.. was this the same Do Kyungsoo from five years ago?