A Promise

Born To Be Different

//flashback..

Your POV:

"Aish! Kyungsoo oppa! What the heck are you doing?!"

I stepped away from my friend Do Kyungsoo, who ruffled my hair and laughed at me. "Sorry! It's just the face you made when I told you I'm going to become a singer that set me off! It was just too funny," he said, and laughed even harder. Annoyed, I scowled at him and pushed his hand away. Then, I turned my back to him and crossed my arms. "At least you weren't serious.. Right?"

Abruptly, Kyungsoo oppa stopped giggling and straightened up. He put his hands on my shoulder, turned me around and looked at me straight in the eyes and said, "I wasn't lying. I'm going to audition for SM. You know how much I want to become a singer. Besides, don't you remember all those times I sang you to sleep when you were little?" I stared into his doe eyes, then huffed angrily. "That means.. That means you're leaving me, oppa.." He sighed and took my hand. He led us onto a bench and sat down. I sat down next to him, quietly thinking about the depressing secret I had to tell him sooner or later.

"You know, oppa.. I have a secret as well." Kyungsoo oppa's doe eyes became even wider in surprise, since I usually tell him everything beforehand. "What is it, Ji Eun ah..?" I closed my eyes, and whispered, "I-I'm leaving to the States in a few days.. To California. I'm going to live there permanently." I tried to calm my breathing, and tried not to let my tears from flowing out. I kept my eyes safely shut, waiting for his response.

"You.. You're moving to the other side of the world.. And you never told me?! Why?!" I had never seen him that angry before. Suddenly the ground started shaking. Each second, it grew more violent, and I could hear people screaming somewhere away from the park. I was used to the earth shaking; it occured everytime Kyungsoo oppa was angry. But this time.. It was.. Actually scary. Frightening. My legs were shaking as I tried to calm him down. "O-oppa.. S-stop, please. You have control yourself!"

Upon hearing my voice, his eyes snapped open and he gritted his teeth, trying to regain control over himself. Slowly, the shaking came to an end, and Kyungsoo oppa calmly breathed in and out; his method for stopping his earthquakes. I froze for a second.. Then started crying. I cried like never before. My wings were sore from being tucked in the whole time, so I covered my face, and slowly unfurled my eight foot jet black wings, letting them dangle over the sides of the bench. While I was sobbing, I felt a warm, strong arm go around my waist and gather me into his chest. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and kept crying as he the dark feathers on the top of my wings slowly.

After thirty minutes or so, my eyes were dry. I stood up, and he did the same. A smile crept onto my lips as I wiped the last of the tears away. I told him, "We'll make a promise. My part is that I'll grow up to become a great computer programmer and help lots of people. And learning to fly properly. Your side of the bargain will be to become a succesful singer of SM.. And to better control those scary earthquakes of yours. After five years, we'll meet back here.. Same place, same time. Deal?" Oppa started smiling a thousand-watt smile and held out his hands; I shook it. "Deal."