Chapter Two

Suffocate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes fluttered open as the sunlight hit them. It was already morning. She slowly got herself out of bed, feeling miserable and sick from what had happened last night. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying all night.

"Not even an apology..." She murmured bitterly. "But then again, who am I to expect one from him?"

She didn't feel like doing anything. She didn't want to go and see Yunho or Jessica or Jiyong. She didn't want to eat. She just wanted to sit there and think for the rest of the day.

Her phone beeped beside her. She picked it up, seeing that a text from Yunho had come. A feeling of pain and despair tightened in her stomach as she read it.

Come to the TV station by 11. We have an interview.

It hurt her. The fact that he was so okay with what had happened. The fact that he had not a single bit of guilt towards her and that he was going on with his daily life as if what he had done wasn't wrong. It was painful. Part of her wanted to hate him for it, but her heart knew that she couldn't hate him. She was like Alice, falling deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. She was too weak to escape from him.

She glanced at the clock, which read 10.

"I better take a shower," She sighed, rising from her bed. She walked into the bathroom, turning the hot water on.

"Ah, Mrs.Jung! What a pleasure to see you at the TV station! You're just as lovely as you were during your wedding!" An executive at the TV station exclaimed. "Are you here for the interview?"

Yuri smiled kindly. She recognized him from a few dinner parties they'd attended. "Yes! It's a pleasure to see you too, Mr.Kim. The last time we saw each other was at Mrs.Nam's Christmas party, right?"

"Indeed!" He laughed. "It's great that the two of you are doing well. If you and your husband ever have time, just come and ask me for a meal! I'll pay!"

She put up a fake laugh. "Oh, you're too kind to us. Well then, I'll contact you later, Mr.Kim. I don't want to be late to the interview with my husband."

"Oh, of course!"

She bowed as Mr.Kim walked away. Unfortunately, as soon as she lifted her head, she was met with the glare of an angered woman.

"Ara-sshi," She greeted stiffly. 

The actress sneered. "Back off."

"Pardon me?"

"Stay away from Yunho," Ara hissed quietly, clenching her fists. "You're in the way, . If you get out of the picture, Yunho will come to me. The only reason he's staying with you is because of your wealth."

"I know," Yuri remarked softly. 

"If you know, then you divorce him."

"I refuse to do that," Yuri said, meeting her gaze. "If anyone should be staying away, it's you, Ara-sshi. Though Yunho may not have any feelings towards me, I am still his legal wife and we are currently married."

"How dare you--"

"I apologize for cutting you off, but I have an interview with Yunho now, so if you'll excuse me," Yuri interrupted, walking away.

Ara swallowed in rage, biting her lip. "That ...she'll see what happens when Yunho comes to me."

As Yuri continued to walk, she suddenly bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't--"

She fell silent as she saw who it was that she had bumped into.

"Yuri!" Siwon greeted her, his face filled with joy."To think that I'd meet you before the interview!"

"Before the interview?" It took her a moment to comprehend this information. "Are you the interviewer for our interview today?"

"Mhm!" Siwon answered with a grin. "Man, it's been such a long time since we've last seen each other! If you're okay with it, how about lunch today together?"

"I'm not okay with it."

The two of them turned around, as Yunho came storming over to them, his eyes unusually angry.

"How many times do I have to remind you that you're a married woman?" He whispered to Yuri, his eyes glaring at her.

She smiled sheepishly. "Yunho, Siwon-oppa is just a childhood friend. We were really close when we were kids. If you feel uncomfortable with it just being me and him, I can call Jessica--"

"You're not going. You're going straight back home after the interview. Call one of the maids. They'll be able to make anything you want."

"Yunho-sshi, I can assure you that I'm not trying to do anything funny. Yuri is a really close dongsaeng of mine and I just want to treat her to lunch. The whole country knows that she is a taken woman," Siwon tried to explain.

"Exactly. As the whole country knows that she is taken, I would like to keep it that way. I don't want any useless rumors of her having an affair coming up," Yunho said, his face in a hardened expression.

Yuri could sense that an argument was about to break out between the two men.

"I'll go home and eat, Yunho," She quickly said. "Sorry, Siwon-oppa. I think the interview is going to start soon, so why don't we get going?"

Reluctantly, the two men agreed and the three of them walked towards the broadcasting room.

"Today, we've invited Korea's greatest couple to the studio! It's none other than Jung Yuri and Jung Yunho!" Siwon exclaimed, starting off the interview smoothly.

Yunho smiled at the camera. "Hello, everyone. It's a pleasure to be here with my wife, Yuri."

"It's the same for me," Yuri continued. "I'm so glad to be here with my husband."

Siwon's eyes lingered on their interlocked hands. "So, we have some questions for the two of you. First of all, how did the ever charming Jung Yunho-sshi propose to you, Yuri-sshi?"

In all honesty, there had been no proposal. After he had spoken with her father, the two of them had signed a marriage contract. There had been no wedding. They passed it off, saying to the media that they had already had a small one when they were in Phuket, though it was a downright lie.

"Well, he told me to close my eyes and then took me to a restaurant. When I opened them, he had candles and roses set up everywhere, and he was on one knee, with the ring in his hand. And well, you all probably know what happened next - he asked me to marry him," Yuri answered in a cheerful tone.

It was a rehearsed answer. A fake one that they had made up, so that people wouldn't suspect that their relationship was bad. Another lie.

But then again, what about their marriage wasn't a lie?

"Oh, how romantic!" Siwon remarked. "As for our second question, it is, do you plan to have children?"

Yuri swallowed. Children? It almost made her laugh. Yunho and children did not mix. He hated them. And he would hate children that shared blood with her even more. He hated her and she knew that he would hate their child, if they ever had one. 

"Of course!" Yunho exclaimed. "I would love to have a child that Yuri and I could raise together. I'd prefer a daughter, but having a child itself would truly be a blessing."

He was a perfect actor. Flawless. Completely, utterly fake. His facade was so perfect that it scared her sometimes. It made her feel afraid and weak. It was as though Yunho were a different person.

Siwon continued to ask them questions and as Yunho answered each of them, perfectly fakely, it hurt her more. Her facade began to break down slowly.

"And, this will be our last question before the interview finishes...where do you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter