Above The Line 1st member : Yoon Seolrae

ABOVE THE LINE

MUSIC

by : kpoploverysr88 - April 16, 2012 at 12.12 pm.

2608 Views    100 Comments

Amoeba Culture reveals Above The Line's first member!

  

 

After making an official statement about their first girl group through their website two weeks ago, Amoeba Culture finally revealed Above The Line’s first member, Yoon Seolrae (19). Some people already spotted her in one of Supreme Team's interview that took place in their office. She and one of the other members were dancing in the practice room. Since then, people talked about this group alot, participating for their debut any time soon.

Seolrae is ATL’s powerful vocal and also the group’s lead dancer. She’s the first member to be discovered by E-Sens and Simon D through youtube. Even before coming to Korea, she’s already famous, not only in her hometown Melbourne, Australia, but in the internet around young people because of her youtube channel cassyoon2608. The company said she’s a multitalented girl. She can sing, dance and play several music instruments also a bubbly and approachable personality that can make her the future variety show queen. "We fell in love with her talents. We sent her an email right away." E-Sens mentioned in one of his interview. Another surprising fact about her is that she's actually Yoon Jaekyung's daughter. Yoon Jaekyung is one of the legendary k-indie musician in early 90s. Because of her father's job as a musician who tours alot, she and her family had moved to different countries and therefor she's fluent in few languages. 

Still remember the buzz LED Apple’s vocalist Jang Hanbyul made last January? He posted a picture of a girl and tweeted “Hanging out with my best friend before she’s busy with her debut preparation. Hwaiting Cass!!” It was actually ATL’s Seolrae. To read more about this news you can see it here.

Name               : Yoon Seolrae

English name   : Cassandra Yoon

Birthday           : August 26, 1993

Blood Type      : O

Home town      : Melbourne, Australia. 

Position           :  Main Vocal, Lead Dancer

 

Last night Amoeba Culture uploaded a video of Seolrae and Ellen Kim (choreographer) to their official youtube channel. 

 

 

It gained lot of attention and feedbacks from netizen by commenting, "Oh my god she's so cool I cant wait for ATL debut!", "Both  of them are silly! Seolrae eonni seems to be a fun person.", "Damn... I'm speechless. *proud fanboy*"

So what do you think?

Keep looking forward for ATL's news only on allkpop.

 

*************************************************************

PROFILE

 

 

Name: Yoon Seolrae

English name : Cassandra Yoon

Birthday : August 26, 1993

Age : 20

Hometown  : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Ethnicity : Korean-Australian

Languages : English, Korean, Bahasa Indonesia (Fluent), Mandarin (Conversational) and currently learning Japanese.

Major : Communication and Media Studies, Monash University  (temporary leaving)

Persona: The group’s public relation, fan service machine.

Other talents : playing music instruments (guitar, bass, drum, keyboards) and sports.

Personality: I’m a person who likes to obverse the situation or a person (stranger) first, from there I can decide how should I react to the situation or how to treat the person I just met. So basically I act depends on whom I’m with at that time. In daily life, I’m a very active person and talkative also. That’s because or maybe the reason why I’m majoring in communication. Get along well with anyone since I’m a open minded person, people can talk about anything with me. Kind and very caring to others but sometimes too careless about my self especially with my own health. A very dedicated person, if I got into something, I’ll definitely put 200% of my life into it. Always won in arguments. A music and fashion hardcore fan. Even though I appear as a happy go lucky person but when it comes to my actual feeling like sad, disappointment and stuff I usually hide it all. I can turn into a big angry hulk if you get on my nerve or if you dare to hurt my family and friends or if you dont give me my coffee :)

Family Background: Korean family. Born in a musical family. Both parents work in music business and moved a lot. My mom used to be a music promoter back in Korea but she moved to Australia for her studies and she met my dad in one of his gigs. I was born in Melbourne. My family moved to Jakarta, Indonesia when I was 7. We stayed there for about 3 years that’s why I’m fluent in Bahasa Indonesia. And then we moved to China when I was 10 for several months and we also toured around Europe a month non-stop. Then my dad had a job in US to co-producing one of American indie rock band there, so our family moved to LA and New York and we stayed there for quite long time. That’s when I got into dancing and American Music (Hip Hop etc)  because we lived in downtown LA surrounded by street dancers. I spent my high school years back in Australia.

 

Likes:

Ø  Music (dancing, singing, playing instrument, listening)

Ø  Fashion

Ø  COFFEE

Ø  Japanese Foods

Ø  Pastas

Ø  Horror and Thriller movies

Ø  Pancakes & Waffles

Ø  Gummy bears

Ø  Gloomy/Rainy day

Ø  Winter

Ø  Photography

Ø  Meeting new people

Ø  Gigs and concerts

Ø  Hanging in the coffee shop, music shop and in the practice room

 

Dislikes :

Ø  Summer or hot sunny day

Ø  Being rushed

Ø  Canceled appointments

Ø  Late night practice, which leads to

Ø  Lack of sleeping

Ø  People who makes me feel uncomfortable

Ø  Awkward situation

Ø  Girly girl/girly things

Ø  Arrogant people

Ø  People asking too much questions when I’m sleepy

 

Habits :

Ø  Making weird facial expression when surprised or someone said weird things.

Ø  “okay…..” and “what the….okay.”

Ø  Clapping while laughing

Ø  Getting hype after drinking coffee

 

Hobbies :

Ø  Singing

Ø  Dancing

Ø  Playing music instruments

Ø  Listening to music

Ø  Sweet talking :p

 

Style : Jeans shorts, denim, vintage band t-shirts, crop tops, leggings, sweaters. Boots & wedges. 

 

Fun Facts:

Ø  Fluent in English both American and Australian accent.

Ø  Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia. In my early trainee days I like to cursed and mumbled using Bahasa Indonesia which annoyed my other members so they asked me to teach them while the genius umma learnt by her self (she browsed everything I said) and now this language is very important to me cause it reminds me of my childhood there and because now it become our group secret language.

Ø  My addiction to coffee. 

Ø  Likes to listen to every kind of music genres. Hip Hop, R&B, pop, rock, instrumental and even metal.

Ø  Used to be in a band in high school

Ø  Can drive but doesn’t have a driver lessons yet

Ø  In my early trainee days I lied to the company that my Korean wasn’t good so I can actually break some rules and told it was because I don’t understand it all and I can always get out of trouble easily because of that.

Ø  I named my first electric guitar Cassie

Ø  Best friend with LED Apple’s Jang Hanbyul

Ø  Training for 2 years

 

Relationships :

with parents : both of my parents are very supportive since they know I'm a dedicated person and beside we're a music family. My dad was a bit disappointed when he found out that the group is going to be a hip hop group cause he actually wanted me to do the same music as him but in the end he supported me. Both of them stayed in Australia but promised me to move to Korea with me when we got our first win in music show. 

with members:

Lee Hanin : she was the second person to joined the company, three months after me. The company asked me to pick her up at the airport, my first impression towards her was.. she's must be a quite person and though. It was hard to open her up but she's actually a very nice person and it was easier for us since both of us are fluent in English. We lived and trained together (two of us) for 6 months before the other two came. We argued alot but make up fast. So yeah we are definitely close to each other. The company named us as the duo troublemaker since we like to ran away from the apartment and hang out without telling them and we always covered up each other mistake on and off stage. She's the leader and I'm her right hand. 

Choi Aira : she was very quite when she came to the company, i didnt even realize she was there inside the practice room until Ellen eonni introduced us to her. after getting to know her more, she's actually a very caring person and like me, she's very dadicated in music thats why i like her. She always remind the others to drink vitamin or honey before practice and told us to wash up after practice. She's an umma figure to me because she take care of me and the others well. The company thinks she's the most obedient one along side the magnae but boy they are wrong, the three of us like to sneaked out alot at night to watch Aira perform in the club. I always get scolded by her because of my loud voice distracting her concetration. Especially when she's composing in her room, no one is allowed to be near the door.  

Park Sunhae : She's the last member to join the force. I still remember the first time i met her. We were just came back from the practice room and when i opened our apartment and i screamed so hard scaring the out of her cause she scared the out of me too!! sitting there with her long hair and a white tunic, i thought she was a ghost (because i watched horror movie the night before). She is a sweet and adorable dongsaeng. She followed me everywhere eventhough i like to bully her alot. Not like bullying her with violence but i like to play with her hair, drassed her up, put make up on her and the most interesting thing is to tag her along sneak out of the apartment. She's wayyy to scared to do it but i always managed to make her do it. Its maybe because I'm an only child i really wanted a younger sister or brother. I like her fighting spirit, she never give up and keep trying even that means she had to stay up late to learn the dance moves. 

 

Best friend (beside the members//before debut) : Jang Hanbyul (LED Apple)

We met at the music store. He was there trying some guitars. He smiled at me because i stared at him not because of something dreamy but i just dont get it why he colored his hair red i mean dude.. its my favorite color!! I smiled at him back and walked away. Then Hanin called me and told me that i have to come back fast because Jaerim eonni our manager found out that i wasnt in the apartment. And as usual me and Hanin always uses English as our daily language. and i guess my Aussie accent attracted him. He came up to me and asked me if i came from Aussie and i said yes and we talked about Australia for a while. Honestly i didnt know who the hell is he until the ahjussi came and told me that he's actually an idol and he told Hanbyul that I'm a trainee. We changed numbers and since than we're best friend.