Let's Go To School!

HSJ is out of town!

 

CHAPTER 12

 

Time: 6:50am

Place: MSSF, a.k.a. Mia’s school (a school name the author made up)

 

 “Ah, Mia!” a girl exclaimed as she saw Mia entering the school gate.

 

 “Clarisa!!” Mia said as she saw the girl. “Hisashiburi!”

 

 They hugged each other tightly as they got near. Clarisa could understand some Japanese to, just like Mia. And to say, she’s the girl that Mia was talking to on the phone in the mall weeks ago.

 

 “I’m so, so, so sorry I didn’t make it to the mall last time.” Clarisa apologized.

 

 “It’s fine...and thanks a lot for getting sick that time.” Mia said and then chuckled.

 

 “Heh?? What do you mean?” Clarisa said as a question mark was embedded on her ever freckly face.

 

 “I’m gonna tell you later.” Mia said as she took Clarisa’s hand and they headed to the school canteen where they used to hang around during mornings.

 

 While they were on their way, Mia bumped into somebody. She bumped into a boy, a small boy…and he was wearing a hairstyle not suited inside their campus.

 

 “Sorry…” the boy said in broke English and he was bowing his head, his hair covering his face, like he was hiding his it…and then he immediately ran away from Mia as soon as he said the word.

 

 “A shy transferee?” Clarisa said.

 

 “Maybe.” Mia agreed. But… has she seen that boy before? Yeah, his face was covered with his hair but his voice and his figure are so familiar to Mia. Who is he???

 

 “Ah, chotto..” Clarisa said as she halted to a stop. “Have you seen your section already?”

 

 “Nope. I haven’t yet. Why?” Mia replied.

 

 Clarisa’s happy face was replaced by a slightly sad expression.

 

 “Eh???” Mia said as she ran towards the big white board where the sectioning of the students is posted. She looked for her name and…there it is. She’s in the pilot section.

 

 WTF is wrong with these people??!? Mia thought. Okay, so she’s in the pilot section now. Why is she so mad? Well, to answer that: One, because she won’t get to have time with her friends in school anymore. Two, because the people there are FREAKING over-actors. And three, she won’t be able to be in the top ten students of the section anymore.

 

 “GAHHHH. WHAT THE HECK!” she exclaimed her thoughts.

 

 “Oi.” Clarisa said as she put her hand on Mia’s shoulder. “Chill. You’ll still get to be with me and our friends during weekends.”

 

 “That’s an if.” Mia replied, trying to regain her composure.

 

 “What do you mean?” Clarisa asked as they headed again to the school canteen.

 

 Once they were inside the canteen, more of Mia’s friends greeted her good morning. She greeted them too and tried to smile warmly so that she could hide her feelings towards the earlier depression about her sectioning that she got.

 

 “So…” Clarisa said as they sat down in a place farther than where the others are sitting. “Why is it an ‘if’?”

 

 Mia told Clarisa about the past weeks: Hey! Say! JUMP and all..

 

 “What? Hey! Say! JUMP??” Clarisa asked.

 

 “Yeah.” Mia nodded, getting the idea that her friend couldn’t believe it.

 

 “What’s that?” Clarisa said, tilting her head 90 degrees to the right.

 

 “Hontou ni?!” Mia said because she really couldn’t believe that her friend doesn’t know HSJ. “Well, they’re like, the most known boy group in Japan at this time. I thought you were addicted to Japanese stuff?”

 

 “Well, I don’t really watch Japanese dramas or listen to their music. I only watch anime.” Clarisa answered.

 

 Mia sighed in disbelief that her friend really has no idea on what Hey! Say! JUMP is.

 

 The bell rang. All the students gathered up in the quadrangle for the flag raising ceremony.

 

 The flag raising ceremony was as usual: they prayed the school’s prayer, sang the national anthem, recited the patriotic pledge, and sang the school’s hymn. Mia noticed that there were more students now than last year, maybe around 500 or so. (Mia is a high school student, therefore she is in the high school building. The elementary and the preschool buildings are just across the street.)

 

 Once they were done with the school’s hymn, the school directress went up on the stage, which was kind of unusual, considering she was always in the elementary department.

 

 The school directress was still young, maybe in her early 30s. She’s a short, petite woman with tan skin and short brown hair and she’s pretty. Once she was up on stage, she said her opening remarks, starting with a warm greeting to everyone. She addressed the new scholars the school had admitted for this year and she also tackled about the school’s swim center, which will be opened this month.

 

 The sun was already rising high up so it was already getting hotter but when the students heard of the swim center, they cheered up. Finally, everyone thought, the swim center is about to open soon.

 

 “…and for the last announcement…” directress said, “…we’re going to have some changes in the sectioning in the pilot section of the seniors.”

 

 At this, Mia smiled a bit, some hope beginning to form within her. However, her classmates just muttered ‘Huh?’ or ‘What?’, some just tilted their heads.

 

 “We are going to distribute the pilot section’s students to the other sections…except for Mia Kamenashi.” The directress paused to see Mia.

 

 Eh? Mia thought while her classmates and the other students looked at her with question mark faces.

 

 “Mia Kamenashi will remain in the pilot section, no, the special section.” The directress continued, “Also, she will get to choose five of her friends to be in her class, and the remaining fifteen students to be in her section will be selected randomly among the seniors.”

 

 “But isn’t 21 people too little for a section?” a student from nowhere asked.

 

 “No, there will be thirty people in the special section. The other nine will be introduced to you now.” The directress said as she hand-gestured to somebody, no, to people, inside the directress’s office (which is near the stage) to come out.

 

 Nine unmistakably handsome guys in their white school uniform, of course, went up the stage and faced the people of MSSF. Some students gasped, some girls covered their mouths with their hands, while Mia’s jaw literally dropped to the ground as she saw Hikaru waving at her with a grinning face.

 

 

                                       CHAPTER END

 

 Hi minna! I’ve just realized that I update real faster than the others. Gahaha, I thought I was updating slow but then I saw other fics.

 

 Please, please, please comment below. If you’re thinking “Does this author want me to comment for every chapter?”, the answer is a FREAKING “YES!”.