Main Street – Night

Dungeons & Dragons



The streets are dead considering its Saturday night. Even as the wind picks up, we can tell there’s a storm brewing. The moon’s glow is obscured by the dark clouds rolling in from the west. The street lights flicker either from the wind or from something other worldly.

Through the darkness steps a figure with a book clutched against his chest. Fear is crossing his eyes as he steps in front of a large house that sits on the corner of the street. Slowly he begins up the long flight of steps, taking them one by one, as if being cautious about something. As he approached the top steps, he takes a deep breath and tries to steady his shaking hands.
Swallowing hard, the young man pushes open the doors and a strong gust of wind meets him.

Another young man inside the house heard someone entering. He finds a candle and lights it, letting it illuminate his way. As he moves through the darkness, he begin to distinguish the scream. It isn’t a scream but more a sound of agony – the voice of a young man.
While he continues to approach it, his eyes slowly go wide with fright.

Running between his legs is a river of blood. The young man stops short as he approaches the front of the room. His eyes slowly move from the river of blood.

Groans continue to echo all around him. The Bible drops from the young man’s hand, as if in slow motion. He quickly runs and outstretching his hand to the young man in front of him. It groans in pain and the young man’s hand quickly retracts. He grabs the young man’s shirt. It brings him closer as the young man shakes in fear. The figure is illuminated and the young man gasps in awe and in shock. The figure is SEUNGRI – bloody, battered, broken and looking nothing like SEUNGRI he used to see.

“What.... What happened to you?” TOP shuttered, outstretching his hand and gently touches the body lying in front of him. Panic has started aroused in his blood stream.

For a moment, Seungri is silent, a look of panic and terror washing over his face. The blank look in his eyes only suggests one thing: he has no idea what is going on.

“I ..... find…Jiyong.” His breathing was slowing down.