chapter two

“Tears of the rain.”

I am person that used to keep my feeling by myself. When others would talk to their sisters or mother or even close friends about their hardships and feeling, I’m more toward keeping my feeling. It was my feeling, so its better I am the only person should know, right?

“Ah…” I said as I felt a shoulder collided with my shoulder.

“I’m sorry.”

I heard the person said. I looked at the person and smiled as I said, “its okay. It didn’t hurt much.”

I looked at person, it was a guy. He was quite tall, not to mention he was quite charming too.

“Okay then, I should go now. Sorry about that and good evening, beautiful.” He said.

I was a bit startled by him. He called me beautiful; something that I never heard from a mouth of a guy. I waved at him as I said, “Good evening to you too.” But it wasn’t loud. I didn’t sure whether he would heard it or not but it wasn’t important, right? It’s not like I would meet him again.

So, I started walking around the park, breathing with the air breeze. Nature was nice. I looked around and watched children playing with each other with laugher. I envied with them, I really do.

A few minutes later I found myself sitting on a bench near the park, under a big tree.

“Oh hey, beautiful,”

That voice startled me. No one would greet me when I’m alone. I looked to the voice’s direction and widen a little bit of my eyes. It was him; the guy that I bump into.

“Oh hey,” I said, trying to be nice. I smiled to him but I know it was a fake one.

“May I sit here?” he asked, pointing beside me.

I just nodded. It wasn’t my place, so why not?

Ignoring him, I looked forward again.

“Wanna talk with me?”

“Huh?”

He chuckled, “I said, let’s be friends. I like making new friends.”

I looked at him in amused. How could he just saying those easily? For me, it was hard; it was almost like it was one of the hardest things to do.

“Eh? Don’t you want to be friends with me? Do you think I’m a weird person?” he shot me numberless question, having those cutes eyes with him.

“I… I… don’t really talk to stranger.” I don’t know how my mouth just says that.

He put his hand near his puffy cheek and then his finger tapping his cheek. “Well… since we will be friends… we are not stranger anymore right?”

What he was saying sound right to me, somehow. “Well… that’s make sense.”

“So, what’s your name? I’m Lee Sungyeol.”

Lee Sungyeol such a nice name indeed. It sounds like he was a cheerful and outgoing person. “I’m Song Ara.” I told my name.

“A beautiful named for a beautiful girl.” He said, praised me.

I felt that I was blushing. He did say I’m beautiful. “Thank….you.”

“But I’m curious Ara. Why are you here alone?” he asked, emphasized the word ‘alone’.

Alone, something that I used to felt but I never blame on it. I accept it with a happy heart. At least I thought so.

“Am I being a busybody? If that’s so, you don’t have to answer. I know we just met. It was my habit though.” I heard he was sighing a bit.

I chuckled, “Kinda.”

“You look beautiful when you smile, Ara.” He said and smiled widely, praising me.

“Thanks…” I said, feeling a bit red. So, I looked away, avoiding his gaze.

~♠~

Even though it’s been a week since Sungyeol and I had been friends but somehow, I felt that I had know him for a long time. I just hope that he too felt the same way as I felt for him.

Like every evening, I walked myself to the park; the place that I and Sungyeol used to hang out.

“Good evening sunshine.”

And there he was, smiling and waving at me. Sometimes, I wonder though. How come he looks so happy each and every day? 

“Hi.” I waved back. I waited for him to sad down beside me, like he would always do before I could ask him something.

“Why do you keep calling me sunshine? And sometimes you call me beautiful too?” I asked after seeing him finally sat down beside me.

“It’s because you are beautiful and when you smile, it’s like you shine yourself.” Sungyeol said, smiling.

I blinked my eyes. Do I really shine when I smile? He … lied, didn’t he?

“I didn’t lie, Ara. It’s true.” He said, it was like he knows my thought.

I guess, he said it since I didn’t response to him. I smiled, “Thank you, Yeollie.”

“You’re welcome.”

~♠~

It was Saturday morning and I was wondering around at the hill fill with trees and there had only nature around. Why I was here? It was because I need some air since I just felt down.

Sometimes, I wonder… why do I have this kind of personalities? Shyness? Not talkative?

But no matter how much I hate myself for not being brave, I still grateful because I do have a kind personalities. I have to think the positive right?

“Huh, sunshine?”

That voice again. I look to the direction and yes, I was right. It was him. I smiled, “Hello Yeollie.”

“What a coincident that I met you here?” he said as shocked to see me, here.

“Yes it is… or did you follow me here?” I , raised my eyebrow.

Sungyeol shook his head showing that he did not. “Oh, no no no … of cause not.” He denied, very strong.

I chuckled at his reaction. “I’m just joking, Yeollie.” I said as I seeing him a bit nervous.

He snort, “Gosh, you got me scare, Ara! You almost make me into a stalker.”

I giggle at his saying. It was childish but I like it.

I then saw he was smiling. Why, why is he smiling? I thought he was just pouting. “Why are you smiling?” I asked him.

“It because it’s rare to see you laughing and I witness it now so I’m happy.” He said.

What he say was right. Now that I think about it, I didn’t laugh much these days since I pretty much receiving sadness. Even though I try to be happy… I guess it didn’t work, huh?

“And it is rare when people said that to me.” I said, smiled.

“It does?”

“Yup.” I said, nodded. When it comes to him, I can never lie. Why is that?

~♠~