chapter one

“Tears of the rain.”

Drop by drops of rain fell and touch my hand. One by one the drops of rain touch on my hand, it felt so cold but it was actually nice. Yes, I was actually like when it was raining but I dislike it when it was heavy rain. It was scary.

“Oh, Ara?”

I looked at my left to see who greet me. Ah, it was my friend, Jenny. “Hi, Jenny.” I greeted her back and smiled.

“What are you doing here? Come on let’s go to class.” Jenny said and then dragged me, arm linking together.

Along the way, we chat like we would always do but sometimes I’m just being a listener. It’s not that I dislike it because I like listening rather than talking but still… was it the best thing to do?

“Hey guys!” my other friends greeted both of us happily. They were 7 of them. Like always, we would chat while waiting the teacher. And like always, I tend to be quite. I didn’t mind it at all. Was talking that fun? I don’t really know.

I look at them in amused. I really do find them amusing because I don’t have the ability to be a good talker especially when to open a conversation. I know I’m a boring person. I admit it but sometimes I wonder did they felt the same to?

“Ara, can you teach me this question? Math is killing me.” Mimi complaint and whining at me, showing her math book with unsolved question.

I chuckle a bit seeing her cute face, “Okay, let’s see.”

 

~♠~

 

It was still raining though. People used to say that when it was raining, it was a sad day. Why is that? Why do they say that? I actually like when it was raining. Is it because I’m… sad?

Was it because when it was raining, it was like tears streaming down to our cheek?

“What with the day dreaming, huh?”

I was a bit startled by it. I looked to my left as I felt a person beside me and it was Jenny. I chuckled, “Nothing really, just looking at the rain.”

“Do you like rain that much?” she asked me.

“Not really I just like cold than hot weather. Rain is nice.” I said. It was true anyway. I dislike hot weather.

Jenny laughed, “Really, hmm… I guess that does make sense.”

Then I laughed along.

Of all these years, there is something that I’m not confident with; friends. Yes, I being friends with them and also my classmate and I do put them in my friend list but did they felt the same?

Since I not very talkative, am I being forget by them? It was something that I really scared of. No matter how hard I want to think positive of it, I just can’t.

Why did I think like this? It was because I felt lonely, even though I had been surrounding by them. Weird, right? But that’s how I felt.

 

~♠~

 

It was 3 months since I just finished my high school. In my last year, I struggle so many things; study and being a lot talkative. Did it work? Maybe few percentages, since I’m sure I’m not trying very hard enough. It was weak, very weak.

That evening, Jenny comes to my house. She was returning books that she borrows from me. I greeted her as it been so long since I see her face to face because those 3 months, I had been locked up in my house pretty much.

She gave me, my books and then we started to chat about things that we had been doing for those 3 months.

Jenny clapped her hand in sudden showing that she just remember something, “Oh yeah.”

I looked at her weirdly and raised my eyebrow, “What is it?”

Jenny giggles, “I just remember something. Do you go to Myungsoo’s house tonight?”

Myungsoo’s house? Why would I go there? “What are you talking about Jenny?” I said, showing her that I didn’t understand her.

“Well, tonight Myungsoo had thrown a reunions party. You … didn’t know?”

It was like my heart being torn apart. A reunion? Like seriously? How come I didn’t know that? And it was tonight.

“No I didn’t know.” I said in a calm tone even though I was in tearing eyes. I was trying hard to make a perfect poker face. It was hard, so hard.

“Eh? How come that?”

“How should I know? Why didn’t you tell me? When did you know about it?” I shot her numberless questions.

Jenny just smiled, “I know about it yesterday. I maybe forgot to tell you, sorry Ara. I didn’t notice that. So… are you coming?” she asked.

I sighed softly. Should I? But they didn’t invite me… if I go there, will they remember me?

Instead of saying yes, I said, “No, I don’t think I will go tonight.”

“Are you upset with it, Ara?” Jenny asked as she blinked her twinkle eyes.

Yes, I am. I admit it but I couldn’t never admit it in front her or anyone. “Kinda.” I said as I looked away from her eyes.

“Well, if you say so…”

 

~♠~