What is Going on Here?

Get to No. 1

 

Rae and Kan were twins yes, but they were far from identical. I could tell them easily apart and their personalities were polar opposites as well. Rae was the one who thought he was handsome and every girl’s first choice when it came to dating (which wasn’t always the case), and also the oldest one. Kan was the younger, and very quiet, but strong. He took taekwondo when he was younger and moved on to other forms of combat, winning many matches until he finally became an instructor at his old martial arts school.

Right now I was looking at Rae as he was being unchained from a sitting position, and forced to his feet, surprisingly he had only been chained by one hand... a break in the monotony to be sure, but it was minor compared to everything else, if I hadn’t been so focused on rescuing my brothers I would have been bored to death.

Yet another man in the same outfit as before walks into the room, “Get this one out of here, he’s only one of the two left and we need them so that he can get to her.”

My ears perked at the word “her” the only possible “her” they could be referring too was me... but why would they mention me? What is so important about me?

“You two follow me so we can get the other one,” he was just about to step through the door when i stepped in his way, “Going somewhere?” I stab him in the gut, “Not anymore,” he falls to the ground and I enter the mallee.

Through all the stabbing and all the killing, someone shouts, “You want him?! Here you go!!” and throws my brother at me, who then stumbles toward me and makes me falter, which gives them an opening to slice my back open.

I shove my brother quickly out of the way, and he drops to the floor while I, now with a fresh wound, attack with renewed fury, cutting down every last one of them.

As the last man slides to the floor I walked gingerly to my brother, exhaustion finally kicking in and I drop down next to him, and repeated the instructions on how to get to the entrance where his brothers should be, and what to do if they weren’t there, “I know you’re tired, but i can’t take you all the way back,” tears welled up in my eyes as I saw my confident, smart mouthed brother laying, looking defeated on the floor, “I still have to get Kan and if you don’t leave soon they’ll take you again,” I helped him to his feet and walked him slowly to and out the  door, “Do you think you get to the entrance now?” he slowly nods and I let him go, his legs shaking a bit but they support him as he limps toward where his brothers were and I turn the opposite direction, going deeper in to look for Kan.