You Are Going Down

Get to No. 1

 

My shadow fell across the men who had surrounded my brother, surprise and indifference played across all of their faces, “It’s nothing but a girl, take her out,” the obvious leader laughs.

“Noona!” Jun must have been slightly delirious, none of my brothers called me noona anymore, it made my heart clench thinking how much they must have hurt him to get him to this state.

None of this however registered on my face as one by one I mercilessly cut down all of them, pure rage released on the men who held my brother, my BABY brother, captive; kicking the last guy in the chest and plunging my sword straight down.

When I looked back up, Jun looked mystified, “Noona... you... I’ve never seen you do anything like that.”

I untie him, and help him up from the chair, “No one's ever tried to hurt you before,” I walk him to a secluded spot near the entrance, “where are the rest of our brothers?”

“I don’t know, we were all in the basement, and then... black, I woke up where you saw me. They never told me where they were, for all I know they could be dead,” he was almost in tears at this point.

I hugged him, some of the adrenaline from before leaking away, letting my guard down some and I cried a bit, “It’s all going to be fine, I’m going to save them, I know they are still alive,”

I stood up,and I got out my sword again, emotionless once more, ”If anything happens and I’m not back, run. My car is parked in the trees, take it and go,” the battle wasn’t done yet, and the war was far from over.

 

~

 

 

A sharp cry echoed from the room I was nearing so I ran toward it just in time to see another equally obvious leader punch Dae in the face... several... times.

 

Rage bubbled up inside me again, but different this time as I witnessed this nightmare.

“You ba-!” my words were cut off as the fight ensued.

Somewhere along the way one of their weapons slit my arm, only further infuriating me, making me retaliate ten fold on him. Another one crossed blades and seemed like he had the upper hand... Then let out a cry of pain as his blade slipped from mine, allowing me an opening.

Bodies littered the ground, and I stepped over one walking up to Dae, not sparing a second unchaining him from the metal fence, who does this? It was so elaborately planned, yet carelessly executed, and meant to fray the nerves of the victim.

When both his hands were free he fell into me, exhaustion taking a toll on his usually cool demeanor.

“Ran...” he whispers in my ear, barely able to get that out before he closes his eyes, and his body slumps.

“Rest now, it will all be over soon,” tears threaten to flow again, but I fought them back, picking him up like I had when he was younger and carried him back to the entrance to Jun, saying nothing, and I turned around to search for the other three.

 

~

 

 

A tall man rushed by where I was hiding, running toward the end of the hall, his glasses flashing in the dim fluorescent lights, and he disappeared into the room.

 

A voice I assumed to be his blasted through the halls,” we have an intruder! two prisoners have escaped already, we need to get the other three out of here!” I streaked in after him and grabbed his shoulder, pressing my blade into his throat.

“Sorry, you’re not taking him anywhere,” I nodded to the only person in the room who was restrained, which turned out to be Jin, “In fact you aren’t going anywhere either,” I sliced through his neck, “Next?”

Everything felt like deja vu now, the same moves, same set up, even Jun was in the same position as Dae had been minus the wall. I was beginning to get the feeling that i was being watched.

While I was distracted by these thoughts, I got a little too cocky, and again again my arm was sliced, further strengthening the deja vu feeling i had in my chest.

After they all were taken care of, I again went over to my brother, and it seemed the further in I got the more hurt my brothers seemed.

I checked over Jin,  examining his face which looked like someone had just punched him repeatedly just before I had gotten there, which is probably what happened.

Even though his face was a mess he cracked a smile, “Thank God you’re here.”

Seeing his smile felt like a glass of water in a dessert, at least someone could see a bright side to all this.

I smile back, then get serious, “Can you walk?” he nods, “walk down the hall, take a right and keep going straight, you’ll find the entrance, if your brothers aren’t there they are gone. Just stay hidden and wait for me, run if anything goes wrong,” he nods and goes to follow my directions.

 

~

 

 

More and more as I walked the halls, I had the feeling that things were getting extremely repetitive. Every time I turned a corner the halls looked identical to me and the rooms I found my brothers in were so similar I’m surprised I could find my way to them.