Chapter 05

Foam and bubbles

 

Luhan came up to me the next morning while I was revising for today's quiz in the library. He slapped my back, disrupting my concentration and made me jump. "What, Luhan!" I exclaimed as I turn back to see the familiar face.

He frowned. "Where did you go yesterday? I waited an hour for you!"

My face crumpled in confusion. "Say again?"

Luhan told me he came back to look for me after that little 'fight', and he realized it was his responsibility to get me home safe (from Chanyeol, he hinted). He didn't apologize for what happened though.

I returned to my original state after listening to him and slammed my book shut. "It's okay, Chanyeol got me home,safe," I retorted sarcastically. I grabbed my a backpack and got ready to walk to class, but Luhan grabbed me by my wrist stopping my way. "I don't like that guy!" 

"You don't have a say on who I should and shouldn't like, Luhan." I said, pushing his hands away. I do realize, that I was slowly falling for Chanyeol's charms. And that Luhan is being terribly y lately after knowing Chanyeol.

+++

A few days passed by just like that, not to mention I was progressing well with Chanyeol. He would drive me around to places (just sometimes - it was more like Suho who drives us and Kyungsoo looking out at the passengers seat, leaving Chanyeol and I linking hands at the back seat, while the boyfriend would be all cheesy and greasy whispering sweet nothings in my ears. Did I mention sometimes it was awkward and embarrassing... Because I would catch Kyungsoo eyeing us through the mirror). 

That was not the only thing while going outdoors with Chanyeol; people would chuckle at our height differences (it's only one and a half rulers difference!), also Chanyeol would be smiling 24/7 attracting unwanted attention (like that one lady who was promoting ladies accessories who stopped him and said he would look great with the new things she has).

So most of the times, Chanyeol and I would just enjoy being indoors at my crib, cuddling on the couch watching series or movies, or just having plain childish fights who would win at the video games.

There was once I fell sick and he insisted making congee for me, it was disastrous. The kitchen walls were spluttered with oil, the washed dishes still had dirt and grease on them, the porridge ended up being burnt and worst of all, he ALMOST forgot to turn the gas off. 

"Hey, baby," he purred. 
"What," I one word replied, eyes stuck on my racing car.
He cuddled me tighter and nibbled my ear. 
"H-hey! Watch it!" I said flustered, trying to not crash into trees.
He chuckled and bloomed of a different aura. He was about to progress with something else, just, thank god the phone rang, stopping him.
"Go and answer the phone, please," I ordered.

He grunted and moved away, to come back and pass the phone saying it was for me from school. Immediately I paused the game and shoved the controller to his chest. "Umph," he muffled. Moments later he hears me screaming after putting the phone down. 

"Hey! Are you okay! What's wrong!" he frantically throwing the controller aside and rushed to me, clutching both my arms and eyes searching for mine in concern. I literally threw myself into his embrace where he rubbed my back for assurance. I hugged him tightly, face still in his chest. Seconds later I looked up at him beaming. "I got First Class Honours in my course!!! And I'm automically eligible for next courses' scholarship!!" I exclaimed jumping up and down. He just laughed at me, equally happy for my results. Then he pecked my lips, soft. "Congratulations,"



He might not be the best cook, but I know he'd always be there for me, through thick and thin.