The Disguise

Some Jokes are Half Meant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ashleigh's POV

 

I went to my classroom after meeting up with Mr. Ramirez but I didn't catch up with the first subject.

 


You know, I really didn't expect him to act like a baby when he's off cam. I mean, he's always strict to students around him but gets weird and sensitive when no ones around.

 

 


*Flashback

 

 

"Hey hey do you want candies? I have plenty!" He beamed as he walked towards his table then opened its bottom drawer.


"Uhh..."

 


He took some candies inside then walked over me, "Here! Take it. He-he-he." He opened my palm and put it there.

 


"..Uhh sir?" O.o

 

"Yes?"


"How long have you been like this?"

 

"How long what?"


"Not to be a nosey park or something, but how long have you been acting like an ugly baby secretly?"

 

He blinked, "What do you mean ugly?"


"Oh did I say ugly? I mean cute!"

 

He just stared at me for a brief moment then smiled, "This is actually the real me. I have been keeping this since I came here. As the principal's assitant and for the school to remain disciplined, I must be very very strict or I won't get any respect from anyone. Some students disrespect me and make fun of me that’s why I threaten them most of the time."


I unwrapped a candy before putting it inside my mouth, "But sir, real respect is something that is earned it cannot be demanded or forced.”


"Oh ?" He then took a seat on the couch, "What makes you say that?"


I also took a seat beside him, "I have noticed that one of the quickest ways to start a heated discussion with teachers is to ask them if they believe students should respect a teacher just because the teacher is a teacher, or if a teacher has to earn the respect of the students. For example, A father said, 'If you ever come home late again, you are never going to use the car again.' And his son responded with, 'Okay okay.' And his father was like, 'Don’t talk to me like that!' How does the father feel when he is saying 'Don't talk to me like that'? Most likely he is feeling disrespected. But why doesn't the son feel respect for the father at this moment? Possibly because the father is threatening the son. Threatening someone does not earn their respect. A threat is used to create fear, not respect. So it is natural for the son to feel disrespectful. The father creates even more fear by ordering his son not to talk to him 'like that'. By giving this command, the father is also encouraging emotional falseness. He wants the son to talk to him in a respectful tone, but the son does not respect for the father at that moment. In this brief exchange of words, the father has succeeded only in creating more fear and falseness, not more respect. Just my thoughts though." After expressing it all to him, he just remained silent as he looked straight.

 

 

Was I a bit off?

 


I then looked at my watch to check what time it is and... "8:16am?! My first subject just ended!" I shouted in great terror making me shot up from the couch and Mr. Ramirez looking up at me. "Oh great. Just great."


Mr. Ramirez stood up and walked infront of me, "I'll just tell Ms. Reyes that I met up with you so don't ya worry about the class attendance."


My face then lit up, "Really? Thank you, sir!"


He just smiled as he placed his one hand over my shoulder, "You're the only one who knew about my behaviour, Ashleigh."

 


I nodded, understanding what he'd meant. He then slowly pulled me and hugged me so gently making me a bit confused towards his sudden action.

 

 

 

We were like that for like 30 seconds (I counted it with my watch)

 


"Uhh sir?"


"Hm?"


"Your breathing sound is a bit loud."

 

*end of flasback

 


Aww, I pity him. Speaking of Mr. Ramirez I then remembered something which I had been trying to forget since it always made my head burn in irritation just by imagining how it would go.

 

 

Yeah, I am talking about Mr. Ramirez's favor.

 


Minutes later, our second subject teacher came in and we started our discussion. I looked at my watch, 1 hour to go before I'll do his favor. Oh dear God, please make it 2 hours T.T

 

 

 


=8:44am=

 

 

 

 


"We're done with our discussion but we still have 16 minutes remaining so you're free to do whatever you want but don't go out until the bell rings." Our teacher said, fixing her papers as everybody cheered except for me.

 

 

I want to talk to Mr. Ramirez and tell him that I changed my mind in doing his favor. Seriously, I don't want to do it =_=

 


"Ma'am," I called our teacher as she looked at me. "I need to go to the CR because I think I pooped my ."

 


Everybody then started laughing, teasing me that I'm hell'a gross.What the heck did I just say


She let out a soft chuckle, "Okay, Ms. Crompton."

 

 


=Mr. Ramirez's Office=

 

 

 


"Sorry but you can't. You agreed with it already and there's no taking back."


"But I seriously don't want to do it, sir!"


"Sorry, it's still a no."


"I'll do anything just not that or you can ask another girl to take my place!"


He looked at me with his brows raised, "Why are you that reluctant? You're very lucky because I picked you. Any girl would die to do that."


"Except for me. Not interested."


"You're really different.." He tapped his chin, "Still, it's a no. 13 minutes to go and you'll walk the whole school with them."


"But--!"


"Okay bye." He stood up from his seat and pushed me out of his office as he shut the door.


"SIR!" I shouted from the outside.


"Go away."


"I WON'T BE DOING IT, OKAY."


"DO IT OR I'M GOING TO ANNOUNCE TO THE WHOLE CAMPUS THAT YOU POOPED YOUR ."

"NOT UNTIL I TELL THEM THAT YOU STUDENTS INSIDE YOUR OFFICE."  lol  "K BYE." I was about to walk away when, suddenly, the door flew open making me look back, and only to see Mr. Ramirez squinting his eyes at me.


"Don't. You. Dare." ( ಠ_ಠ )

 


Woah. So that was true?

 


"So you really students?? Wow."

 

 


( ಠ.ಠ ) -- him

 

 


"Silence means yes."


He then took a red card from his pocket, "Detention, one week, for disrespecting your assistant principal."


"Y-Yah! I was just joking.."


"Yes, and joking is another way of disrespecting me."


"But I--"


"Not following my orders are also another way."


"Sir--"


"Making fun of me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter